Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

viaxon6

Female vs Male frames

So i've just realised that almost every nuke frame is female and every 'tank' is male.

Nukers- Equinox, Mesa, Mag (kinda), Ember (before nerf), Gara, Banshee, Octavia (all females)

Tanks- Inaros, Chroma, Rhino, Nidus, Atlas

Also, a lot of females have defense supporting skills (Equinox, Trinity, Wisp), while males (Rhino, Harrow) have offense-supporting skills. Obviously there are few exceptions (Vauban is defensive, Hildryn is a tank), but 90% of a time, females are nukers or supporting while males are increasing damage and tanking.

Who cares though. Half of the cast of frames suck and need a rework.

Eh, does it matter?

I always enjoyed nuking and waifus so Saryn and Wisp being able to do a lot of damage kinda works. It would suck if I have to Nikola Tesla the enemies as a Volt.

Been that way for a long time now.

That said, DE seems to have opted to cross those roles over from time too though. 

We can choose to see it as sexist but there are supports for the notion that the female in many species is the more dangerous of the two and just let it be what it is.

How about tanky Valkyr, Hildryn, Trinity and damagy Volt, Excalibur, Revenant?

Nyx says, hi. Also Hildryn and Valkyr.

Mesa is both btw. She can tank very well and has high dps.

I don't want to sound misogynist, but all nukers should be nerfed.

Depends on how you see it because my nezha is a tank, nuke, caster and support at the same time

A little piece of mind, don't put them in a box like that because warframes aren't limited to one thing like your usual tank/dps/support class

Rhino is a support tank, not a tank. 

If you just focus on one element of a frame then ofc it's gonna be bound to that stereotype, but also of frames are real flexible in the way they can be played and utilised to a whole other extent. Don't limit yourself. Especially with weird frame gender correlations.

52 minutes ago, -Apple-Pie- said:

How about tanky Valkyr, Hildryn, Trinity and damagy Volt, Excalibur, Revenant?

Valkyr and Hildryn are trash though. One is a revive frame and the other is useless without 2 really specific arcanes.

Female frames also tend to have more humanoid physiques and more prominent sexualized features while the reverse is true for males, it's hardly news that DE approach their male and female designs with rather pointed and different intentions. DE does a lot of things well, this is just one of their shortfalls.

At least they're still pretty tame about it given some companies, though I suppose recent frames have put how long that'll last into significant question. (starting to miss our old lead artist)

2 hours ago, viaxon6 said:

Nukers- Equinox, Mesa, Mag (kinda), Ember (before nerf), Gara, Banshee, Octavia (all females)

Tanks- Inaros, Chroma, Rhino, Nidus, Atlas

But then...

Nukers - Ash, Baruuk, Excal, Volt

Tanks - Equinox, Gara, Hildryn, Zephyr, Valkyr

EDIT: Mag "kinda" nukes in that she nukes specific areas of the map at a time instead of just a radial distance from your location. Ember does literally the exact same thing she used to, if you toggle 4 a few times a minute. Y'all just a bunch of babies. Banshee has amazing damage outside of 4, but she only "nukes" at below Level 30, so does she really count?

5 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

But then...

Nukers - Ash, Baruuk, Excal, Volt

Tanks - Equinox, Gara, Hildryn Zephyr, Valkyr

Volt is the only actual nuke in that list. 

And I wouldn't consider Equinox or Zephyr tanks, cc frames maybe, but not tanks. 

Just now, Cubewano said:

And I wouldn't consider Equinox or Zephyr tanks, cc frames maybe, but not tanks. 

Zephyr disables nearly all projectiles with a single ability and has tons of utility to let her avoid melee damage by staying airborne. She doesn't "tank" in the classic sense, but she has enormous damage mitigation. On paper she isn't a tank, but in practice she works a lot like one.

Equinox is absolutely a tank. Night mode with Strength, a bit of Range, Health/Armor, and Peaceful Provocation. You are constantly bumping Shield with every kill, and you build full heals super fast. Pacify weakens enemies near you, multiplying the eHP of your Health and Shields. The augment slows enemies, further mitigating damage and effectively multiplying your eHP again. Again, not exactly a tank on paper, but in practice difficult enough to kill that she qualifies as a tank imo. As Night Tanquinox I am regularly picking up Rhinos and Inaroses in Arbitrations.

2 hours ago, viaxon6 said:

Octavia

I'm also gonna dispute Octavia a little. She nukes the Simulacrum because you can toss a Mallet into a crowd of Bombards, stand behind a pillar and watch them melt themselves. In practice though, this isn't as consistent and I'm reluctant to think of her as a nuke. In order for her radial damage to apply, enough enemies need to attack a Mallet to build its damage significantly. Octavia's nuke potential is not reliable, immediate or under much control at all by the player. "Nuke" is a little tenuous here.

14 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Zephyr disables nearly all projectiles with a single ability and has tons of utility to let her avoid melee damage by staying airborne. She doesn't "tank" in the classic sense, but she has enormous damage mitigation. On paper she isn't a tank, but in practice she works a lot like one.

Equinox is absolutely a tank. Night mode with Strength, a bit of Range, Health/Armor, and Peaceful Provocation. You are constantly bumping Shield with every kill, and you build full heals super fast. Pacify weakens enemies near you, multiplying the eHP of your Health and Shields. The augment slows enemies, further mitigating damage and effectively multiplying your eHP again. Again, not exactly a tank on paper, but in practice difficult enough to kill that she qualifies as a tank imo. As Night Tanquinox I am regularly picking up Rhinos and Inaroses in Arbitrations.

Going to assume this means you agree with Volt being the only actual nuke. 

I agree with what you've said on Zephyr, I merely meant she doesn't act as a traditional tank. She's isn't bulky in and of her self, she is just effectively an overly evasive frame.

Similar logic applies to Equinox, who acts more so like a priest than a tank, even if the healing does ultimately wind up as faux durability.