Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Female vs Male frames

viaxon6

5 hours ago, Cubewano said:

Female frames also tend to have more humanoid physiques and more prominent sexualized features while the reverse is true for males, it's hardly news that DE approach their male and female designs with rather pointed and different intentions. DE does a lot of things well, this is just one of their shortfalls.

At least they're still pretty tame about it given some companies, though I suppose recent frames have put how long that'll last into significant question. (starting to miss our old lead artist)

THIS. If DE decides to sexualize more frames they should do both genders not just the lasses. And no I ain't even gonna reply to the generic ,,but Nezha and Nidus have the sexiest deluxes'' surely, but those are deluxes, I'm talkin' about the frames in GENERAL. And the fact that most female frames are more op in ,,endgame'' content is also annoying to me. This is my opinion tho, feel free to disagree.

It's true that males have tended to be buffbots/defense more often than nukes but it's been changing slowly... but really, the biggest problem with gender currently is the lack of visibly muscular male frames with perfect butts like Ash Koga 💪😉 while female frames tend to have more... fanservice than males. 😗

Well defined muscles and butts are a vital component to any genders' combat performance. Majority of male frames don't even have a chest or even got literal holes punched into their stomachs and meatless butts like Nekros and Revenant. Where do they get their core strength if their abs and glutes are scooped out?

Edited by Wolfdoggie

5 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Image result for shark bait ooh ha ha gif

This is why I avoided that word.  It always triggers this .gif

I happen to like that movie.

Although for me, I see "shark bait" and think of either Deep Blue Sea, or the Meg.  Which was kind of awesome, in a totally silly way.  I mean, it was a movie where the villain is a shark the size of a battleship, and they still managed to find a way for Jason Statham to have three separate scenes where he almost plausibly ends up in hand to hand combat with the thing.  o.O

3 hours ago, Renegade343 said:

Splinter Storm with Augment on self makes her a tank with a bit of regeneration, yeah.

Which was my point about the first post of this thread lmao. Not all females are only nukes

7 hours ago, Wolfdoggie said:

It's true that males have tended to be buffbots/defense more often than nukes but it's been changing slowly... but really, the biggest problem with gender currently is the lack of visibly muscular male frames with perfect butts like Ash Koga 💪😉 while female frames tend to have more... fanservice than males. 😗

Well defined muscles and butts are a vital component to any genders' combat performance. Majority of male frames don't even have a chest or even got literal holes punched into their stomachs and meatless butts like Nekros and Revenant. Where do they get their core strength if their abs and glutes are scooped out?

Wut, Ash Koga's butt is v flat too. 

Agree with everything else though. DE's art team needs to get over their fear of the male form, or vice versa with their fetishization of the female one. 

23 hours ago, viaxon6 said:

So i've just realised that almost every nuke frame is female and every 'tank' is male.

Nukers- Equinox, Mesa, Mag (kinda), Ember (before nerf), Gara, Banshee, Octavia (all females)

Tanks- Inaros, Chroma, Rhino, Nidus, Atlas

Also, a lot of females have defense supporting skills (Equinox, Trinity, Wisp), while males (Rhino, Harrow) have offense-supporting skills. Obviously there are few exceptions (Vauban is defensive, Hildryn is a tank), but 90% of a time, females are nukers or supporting while males are increasing damage and tanking.

Theyre worthless metal bodies

21 hours ago, Cubewano said:

Female frames also tend to have more humanoid physiques and more prominent sexualized features while the reverse is true for males, it's hardly news that DE approach their male and female designs with rather pointed and different intentions. DE does a lot of things well, this is just one of their shortfalls.

At least they're still pretty tame about it given some companies, though I suppose recent frames have put how long that'll last into significant question. (starting to miss our old lead artist)

I dont know what youre talking about tbh, moet of the males seem pretty human-looking to me, and it seems to be all kinds of males, from Nezha and his "petite" form to rhino and had bodybuilder physique, theres excal eith his generic male looking physic, and if you want abs theres a tennogen skin for frost, plus theyre already working on a fat male frame (good to see some representation for me and my community) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

But for what? What can she do that other Warframes cannot do?

Tank and dps well with constant soft CC and trash AoE clear. Along with armor debuffing and so on.

I also dont see how that question popped up based on me simply implying she isnt useless without two specific arcane. Even you must think she is useful, otherwise you wouldnt have specified the specific need of 2 arcanes.

58 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Tank and dps well with constant soft CC and trash AoE clear. Along with armor debuffing and so on.

I also dont see how that question popped up based on me simply implying she isnt useless without two specific arcane. Even you must think she is useful, otherwise you wouldnt have specified the specific need of 2 arcanes.

I mentioned those 2 arcanes because in my opinion, she is completely unplayable without them. Hildryn's shields are her energy, that's her downfall. While her shields are in constant drain by her own abilities, any other shield restoring abilities like Trinity's augmented EV, Volt's augmented Discharge or any of the sentinel shield restores do not work on her shield. This way DE made casting Pillage a mandatory nuisance to her entire playstyle. The only 2 things capable of restoring her shields while her abilities are in effect are those 2 arcanes. If you want any freedom in Hildryn's build or playstyle, those arcanes are mandatory. Pillage's range is also really minimal, making sure that any real DPS frames will make sure that all the enemies are already dead.

That's what I meant.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

On 2019-06-14 at 8:32 AM, Padre_Akais said:

Been that way for a long time now.

That said, DE seems to have opted to cross those roles over from time too though. 

We can choose to see it as sexist but there are supports for the notion that the female in many species is the more dangerous of the two and just let it be what it is.

We could see it as sexist, but why?  All this endless "equality" crap.  How bout playets n people get their political correctness out of our pixel shooters....save that crap for, well, save it for never since its all a load of crap anyway, but definitely dont put it in this game or any other.....

1 hour ago, (PS4)Wolfou_Jams said:

I dont know what youre talking about tbh, moet of the males seem pretty human-looking to me, and it seems to be all kinds of males, from Nezha and his "petite" form to rhino and had bodybuilder physique, theres excal eith his generic male looking physic, and if you want abs theres a tennogen skin for frost, plus theyre already working on a fat male frame (good to see some representation for me and my community) 

They are humanoid to an extent yes, by which I mean they have four limbs stand upright and have a torso, but it's naive to pretend they don't adhere to a much looser rubric in regards to looking human than female counterparts. Frames like Nekros and Rhino don't look like men in suits, they look like aliens with human like forms, frames like Nidus and Atlas don't look like natural people, they look deformed and exaggerated, even things as on the nose as Limbo who wears an actual suit doesn't look truly human but just an acting and warped imitation turned alien. All these designs tease at a human form while playing at aspects that keep them looking alien. But when you go to female frames, most are just feminine builds with trinkets, things like mag, nyx, garuda, banshee, saryn, mesa, mirage, and so on could all literally be a woman in a semi skin tight suit with a weird helmet. We have the off deviation in things like Equinox (which was being designed while toying with the notion of a male/female combination), and Zephyr (fan inspired concept), but otherwise how bizarre do female frames actually get in comparison to male designs? 

Edited by Cubewano

2 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

But for what? What can she do that other Warframes cannot do?

She can use Synthol and be Kirill Tereshin.

7 minutes ago, KnightCole said:

We could see it as sexist, but why?  All this endless "equality" crap.  How bout playets n people get their political correctness out of our pixel shooters....save that crap for, well, save it for never since its all a load of crap anyway, but definitely dont put it in this game or any other.....

I kinda agree with this. Who cares if it is sexist man. It's a game, FFS.

Games become crap when political agendas get inserted into them.