Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt cosplay attempt.

Rokusho66

Update: as promised up to date photos.

front half: http://imgur.com/mk9EtrJ

Lower back: http://imgur.com/m2S8siJ

I’m talking with my friends to figure out how to just import the pictures rather then the links because that’s probably annoying for you all.

As a bonus here’s one of my guinea pigs enjoying some yams:

http://imgur.com/mk9EtrJ

as an apology And since I have a whole roll of unused foam I’ll be working a snipetron vandal.

hello everyone,

been a while since I’ve been on the forums but I am making my second attempt at EvA cosplay and decided to try out doing Volt since his form is over all simplistic and more feasible then other warframes accounting for my build. 

I am am currently in the stage of making templates using the wrap and tape method by kamuicosplay and will begin taking photos when I have started cutting into the actual foam.

a couple of things I will be sacrificing for functionality:

The under layer will not have much detail and some buckles will be visible as to allow freedom of movement.

i will be using a black skin suit for the under layer.

i will be using some alternate armors to the base not just for function but to help bring my Volt to life.

if I do the Arrester helmet I will likely have to make Eyeholes somehow I can see. (No way I could attach a camera to the outside and wire a screen on my budget.

part of this will get held up by the fact some of the foam has yet to be delivered and I work 60 hour work weeks.

Lastly: I don’t want to hear anything about needing to pull the files from the game in order to create the templates unless they have links to said templates and photos that they’ve done it themselves as I’ve so far only found one other Volt cosplay attempt which didn’t look photo realistic but was resourceful given the materials he had to work with.

Edited by Rokusho66
  • Like 1

Well this is awkward I mentioned in my Op  that some of my materials were delayed and I just was notified I would receive the rest of my foam today.

Which means if I finish my templates for my chest and helmet today I could begin cuttingexcited homer simpson GIF

The plan is to take that helmet and use it as a base after it’s glued to attach the faceplate, then the back rim/spoiler, then last will be the attenae and side vents.

i did the base helmet myself based off evil ted smith’s design but he sells the template on his website as well.

I’m at work today and probably won’t get much more done tonight but if I make any progress I’ll update it here.

Status update:

Start of arrester helmet: awaiting cement

shoulders: awaiting cement to start on coils

lower leg: awaiting zippers

gauntlets: awaiting cement

Hands: n/a

Upper chest: template in process

back: template in process

lower chest/groin: awaiting template and fabric for waste cape.

will post images when everything is ready or has been primed.

as for my Kubrow he’s back to normal.

he got a little bloody since he is on blood thinners but we pulled him away before he got too hurt and had a first aid kit on hand.

He’s  back to rolling grass and sassing me like he always does.

Hello everyone minor update to the cosplay. I’ve decided to go with the Maggor chest plate so that way my body armor can be a few separate pieces to allow more range of movement. Bit ambitious for my second EvA attempt but I felt inspired by the Valkyr cosplay.

i just finished the body template and feel confident I can do this.

additionally I’m weighing whether or not to add a pocket in the upper chest to hold items since the skin suit doesn’t have pockets.

http://imgur.com/V8hfVBA

Let’s play today I learned:

Today I learned...aligning regristration marks with red sharpie on black EvA is not easy and next time to buy grey even if black is going to be one of my main 3 colors.

zippers and buckles arrived today so I’m trying to get the chest and back going so I can finish the helmet. The maggor chest is just taking a while.

also they gave me ALOT more nylon then I was expecting.

i should have significant time to work on this on my birthday in 2 weeks so I’m hoping to have everything ready to prime by then.

Edited by Rokusho66

On 2019-06-24 at 8:27 PM, (XB1)UpgradeAcorn989 said:

Let us look with our special eyes

Image result for special eyes tyl regor

Sorry bout that. My Kubrow got admitted to the emergency room for a heart murmur and I’m struggling for any of my images to not just appear as links for some reason. 

I have more progess done and lotus willing I’ll be able to take picture of the base of the lower chest and maggor base chest as well as some of the unfinished limbs.

Hoping to get major work done this Friday on my day off to Dremel things down and get into assembly. 

• 2 weeks later...

Progress update.

http://imgur.com/VbCBstb

shoulders are heat formed glued just need to be dremeled, sealed, and put on a layer of trim over the silver. Arm coils are setting as I type.

http://imgur.com/0W22aaw

maggor chest piece is glued and sealed but needs to be heat formed.

will probably still need some detailing that can’t be done with paint but I’m gonna hold off on that until I see it heat formed.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so it’s been eight days since I last updated this thread and sadly I don’t have photos but here’s the tldr.

The zipper fell off my greaves so I had to reattach that.

gauntlets have their zipper attached and are ready for priming and painting.

And lastly I have been bashin  my brains in trying to get the face plate of the arrester helmet right and after the 4th attempt I oddly enough found some scrap pieces that when pressed together got the  front corner I wanted so after 5 @$&?!ing attempts....I am satisfied with my progress to the point I can report it. I have to do the chins and horns still but given the wall I’ve hit I’ll take it.

while hitting the wall I had some spare foam and decided to do the thighs and knees  of my Volt. Just formed it today. 

Hopefully I’ll have photos of things to show tomorrow or this weekend and maybe edit the main post with links to the progress.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, so about updating the thread last week.... lies GIF

because I found out that I may be able to go pax west on September 2nd and I have been running my self ragged trying to get anything and everything done. 

Apologies for lack of even just links to photos and the second I get some free time to post photos I will even if it is post pax.

as of right now the only things not ready or in the middle of priming are the cod piece, the belt/skirt, and helmet.

i even managed to find away to do the upper legs of volt through some shenanigry.

Edited by Rokusho66