Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn has a bit of a color pallet problem

Evildesires

I was changing my warframe color pallet and noticed if you use any dark color on Hildryn, she seems to have a used / faded look to her. Hyldrin.png

Over all I love using her for corpus missions but just was wondering if anyone else was having noticing this issue. All my other warframes seem to not have the color pallet problem.

this is my Ivara with the same color pallet set up just for a noticeable difference (same attachments and color also) Ivaraimg.png

Edited by Evildesires
  • Like 1

I guess their point is that she got... for lack of a better word, PBRed too hard. Maybe they can do something like what they did to Rubedo deposits. I was pretty disappointed that Rubedo looked so good at first in deep crimison but then seemingly bugged out and became crayon red.

It shouldn't be a struggle. Two different Warframes in the exact same colours shouldn't look like they're completely different palettes. That goes for Deluxe skins, too (I'm looking at you, Atlas...).

1 hour ago, (PS4)GrandisSupernus said:

Two different Warframes in the exact same colours shouldn't look like they're completely different palettes. That goes for Deluxe skins, too (I'm looking at you, Atlas...). 

Then we wouldn't have realistic materials.

30 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Then we wouldn't have realistic materials.

You can have "realistic materials" without sacrificing the colour palette. For instance, the OP above may be able to make their Hildryn look a bit more like the (admittedly brighter than average, as Tennogen can sometimes be) Ivara skin they're using by choosing a much brighter red on the Hildryn and a more muted red on the Ivara. I've had to do the same thing, especially with Deluxe skins, and it shouldn't be necessary. And why would all Warframes be made up of a bunch of different, unique materials from each other anyway? They're not exactly mass-produced, but they were all but sculpted by the Orokin using the same basic template. You've got metals, you've got rubbery textures, you have hard, plastic-like textures, and that's about it. While I think default Warframes should have a muted colour scheme, players should be free to make their neon nightmare army so long as they have the appropriate colour palettes.

I'm sick of Warframe and weapon skins where any colour below half luminosity is just completely black. That means someone didn't balance the underlying hues properly.

The color fading got somewhat worse after the recent bunch of optimizations (The Jovian Concord: Hotfix 25.1.2 + 25.1.2.1) .
It didn't always look THAT bad.
I noticed this myself immediately after that update. Hopefully they can retouch her a bit.

Edited by JujuHex
Forma