Sign in to follow this  
Brucely

Nagantaka alt-fire for Veldt please!

I, like many, really like the sound, look, and overall feel of the Veldt, but it could use a bit more spice than an enhanced zoom (and of course stats-wise). I think adding an alt-fire mechanic, similar but slightly different from the Nagantaka, would make the Veldt more interesting and practical to use, even more so than just buffing the stats.

I really like Nagantaka's alt-fire. Making the decision between using single fire for standard mobs and emptying the whole mag (a choice not without consequences) for chunkier mobs adds a lot of variety and interactivity in what otherwise would be a pretty bog standard semi-auto weapon. Speaking of 'bog standard semi-auto weapon', the Veldt could use similar treatment!

Here's my idea: When using the enhanced zoom, the Veldt fires four combined bullets for 4x the damage, crit, status, and innate punch through. So while most mobs will need only 1-2 shots to down, when it comes to bigger targets like bombards and heavy gunners you can click on that extra precision and go for throwing a truckload of bullets at their faces, but of course at some cost to sustained DPS.

What does everyone else think?

• Like 1

Alt fire wont save Veldt. Poor  thing needs MAAAAJOR buffs.

But full-auto alt fire probably would be welcome.

Love the Veldt, and I'd certainly use that feature, but that's not the kind of buff I'd wish for it.   The thing that always comes to mind is a damage bonus or headshot damage bonus per aim level.  (It could be really interesting if this scaled with zoom percentage, opening up a different optimization path.)

36 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

The thing that always comes to mind is a damage bonus or headshot damage bonus per aim level.  (It could be really interesting if this scaled with zoom percentage, opening up a different optimization path.)

A zoom % bonus would be interesting as that would give zoom mods a purpose and yeah that would add some build diversity. But then I feel like that mechanic could still be implemented while also adding a dump-fire mechanic that would make the veldt more interactive.