Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Komorex Feedback & OoL changes.

(XBOX)Q 2 K O

I’ve really been enjoying this weapon, I love status weapons and I love snipers so this was a pretty easy weapon for me to become fond of. There are some obvious problems with this weapon though.

1.) This is opinionated of course but, the projectile speed on Komorex is honestly just too low for the type of weapon it is. It is true that Komorex isn’t a traditional sniper in any sense but it’s still a precision weapon that uses a scope. The projectile speed makes it unreasonably difficult to actually land any precision shots outside of 20-30meters. Unless the enemy is running directly toward you, or standing completely still... you will be forced to jerk the scope past your target to catch any enemy in stride. 

By having a low zoom scope it does make it easier to hit close quarters targets, and you don’t have to lead your shots nearly as much, but if using the 3.5x zoom you risk killing yourself to the AOE. Seems like the weapon design here is conflicting. Shoot from too far away? Enemies can effectively juke your shots. Shoot too close? Get the actual precision you want, but risk killing yourself in the process. 

It’s not the worst projectile speed ever, but it’s very noticeable that the projectile you shoot will take a decent amount of time to reach enemies at range. An increase to projectile speed would be a lovely change for this weapon because of the reasons I’ve given.

2.) With the reload on this weapon being so lengthy you can quickly lose your combo counter after a single reload. Especially after factoring in the range at which your next target is, correctly leading the shot onto the target, casting warframe abilities, etc. One of the two should be compensated to make this weapon more usable. As it is now, this aspect of Komorex much like the first aspect, experiences a conflicted design. It’s a sniper, so it has a combo counter a unique enhancement only present on snipers. But it’s also a sniper that’s mediocre at actually building said combo.

This should definitely be fixed,.

3.) Lastly, the AOE from the 3.5x zoom should be applied even after scoping out. I’m not sure if it’s inteded or not it seems weird.

I can get the AOE to proc by doing a “popshot” (In this case tapping the ‘fire’ and ‘aim’ button almost simultaneously) I never truly aim through the scope but I get the AOE proc nonetheless.

However if I aim through the scope regularly  and release the aim button, I get absolutely no AOE. Once again not sure if this is intentional, but it is VERY detrimental to be forced into holding your scope until your projectile actually makes contact with an enemy.

Making a change to this mechanic would be a GREAT OoL improvement overall. 

That wraps up my OoL problems with Komorex. As I’ve said the weapon is very fun to use and has a lot going for it. In it’s current state it just feels like it’s too much “rifle” and not enough “sniper”. These few tweaks would make it fit its niche perfectly imo. Anyone else having any other OoL problems with Komorex?

Komorex doesn't use terminal velocity but is affected by Zephyr's Jet stream augment to increase its projectile speed.

The scope could be changed to give it a sentient feel and be more visible because it easy to lose track of what I'm shooting at most of the time. Disable sniper scope help but sometimes I forget which zoom I'm on.

The weapon fun but its needs a few tweaks not stat changes just Qol changes.