Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"tiered" Weapons And Warframes

SanityRobot

This may be the reason I end up giving up on this game, after I've spent thousands of dollars on it.

Tiered weapons essentially turn the game into "if you aren't using X, you're doing it wrong". I like being able to log in, look at my list of a dozen weapons and warframes, choose the one I feel like playing, and go do some stuff.

The problem arises when, due to a "tier" system, I get only really get to choose between one or two weapons and one or two frames. Sure, I could play Volt, and run around trying to squeeze in a few kills between the MPrime spam from the two Novas in every single public game, but that just isn't really fun at all. Sure, I still get the "rewards", and we still "complete content", but it's pretty boring. The same goes with things like Dual Lato...I really love the feel of the guns, but what's the point if I'm just going to be unloading bullets into enemies waiting for someone to bring their Acrid over to blow it up in half a second.

Grind isn't Warframe's strong suit. It's strong suit is enjoyable gameplay and lots of choices in that gameplay. Tiering it just diminishes the choices and obsoletes gameplay for the majority of content.

And no, this isn't because I just can't grind for things. I have every warframe and most of the weapons. It just simply isn't fun and is stagnating the game and it's content at a far greater rate than DE can create new.

The goal of the tier system is that ALL frames are equally viable, and while some weapons will be clearly stronger than others they will all be usable in later content with the right mods.

Meaning if you love the aklatos, which I agree have a pretty nice feel, you will be able to use them. They may not kill as quickly as an acrid, but they'll get the job done.

I think in time they'll get the system right. In time.

The goal of the tier system is that ALL frames are equally viable, and while some weapons will be clearly stronger than others they will all be usable in later content with the right mods.

Meaning if you love the aklatos, which I agree have a pretty nice feel, you will be able to use them. They may not kill as quickly as an acrid, but they'll get the job done.

I think in time they'll get the system right. In time.

Well, that's contradictory.

They can't be "equally viable" when some are clearly stronger.

I actually kinda agree with what you're saying, but opening the post with such an easily rebuttable claim kinda makes it look like another QQ thread.

Except you do know you can purchase platinum packs without doing founders, right?

A solar landmark vs three extremely rare mods.

Grinding is bad. Solar landmark is useless. Makes it a pretty easy choice for me, honestly.

Edited by SanityRobot

How I see it, equal warframes, yes.

Equal weapons, no. That would literally make a LOT of weapons basically the same. Tiered, sure, makes them useless when you get a better one, but isnt that the point? Progression to get stronger? :D

I agree that tiered weapons are awful (Warframes are not tiered, they are supposed to be equally viable), but that is my opinion. While I don't like it I accept that it is a valid way of designing a game. However, I want to know what the tiers are supposed to be. I don't want to shove a Potato and several Forma in a weapon that isn't supposed to be good.

Side note: the double Affinity weekend wasted so much Plat for me. All of my secondaries at the time were low tier, as well as my 2 melee weapons. QQ

Except you do know you can purchase platinum packs without doing founders, right?

Grinding is bad. Solar landmark is useless. Makes it a pretty easy choice for me, honestly.

So you say you've spent more than 2000$ on packs, for a grand total of over 43000 platinum and 30 rare mods? Maybe less if that includes the 100$ of being a Master Founder? Man, I'd love to see a screenshot of how much platinum you still have, because you won't spend that in a looooong time...

So you say you've spent more than 2000$ on packs, for a grand total of over 43000 platinum and 30 rare mods? Maybe less if that includes the 100$ of being a Master Founder? Man, I'd love to see a screenshot of how much platinum you still have, because you won't spend that in a looooong time...

I corrected myself a few posts back. I've spent just shy of a thousand dollars, for my account.

I've also spent a few hundred for my roommate, but that doesn't count I guess.

wouldn't mind weapon tier system (1-5 etc) if we had difficulty settings. That way Tier 1 and 2 weapons could be used effectively and happily on the easiest difficulty settings to the same extent that tier 4 and 5 weapons could be used on the hardest difficulty.

Tiered weapons are fine but we need tiered difficulty at the same time.

except that founder purchase grands you tons of more platinum

second hardly can imagine what to buy with 950 bucks in platinum you bought every single weapon and frame in the game with platnium?

if so- why even bother play the game?

third the mods are usually trash mods or easy to get nightmare mods mhhh..

4th your opening "i paid 900 bucks" deserve no responses to be honest sounds like QQ

and last but not least wont miss you

Edited by zzang

Too much vertical progression is always bad for the game. Players eat that type of " content " up way faster than devs can make it and are always bored waiting for the next installment of power creep. You also end up with a bloated game full of trivialized content no one wants to do because it doesn't drop the new best stuff.

Warframe has already started down that road with drops only coming from the newest content and weapons balanced around it. It's like a wow expansion every new patch.

except that founder purchase grands you tons of more platinum

second hardly can imagine what to buy with 950 bucks in platinum you bought every single weapon and frame in the game with platnium?

if so- why even bother play the game?

third the mods are usually trash mods or easy to get nightmare mods mhhh..

4th your opening "i paid 900 bucks" deserve no responses to be honest sounds like QQ

and last but not least wont miss you

You're right. After all, it's not like there's anything to this game other than the grind, huh.