Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There is a lack of competition in the Burrito Industry.

sharkstrangler

Alright, just from a market standpoint, the burrito industry is pretty monoculture.

Chipotle owns the burrito space (although local businesses do destroy Chipotle in some situations).

What does this tell us about the USA's current restaurant interests? We want simple food. Food that can be modular. Cheap, filling food.

Although why only Chipotle has really survived is the interesting part... Many news articles have been created on this topic, how the pepper-nicknamed business obliterated the competition and stole the market from competitors, removing any possibility of advancement in the burrito space to benefit consumers.

What will this tell us heading into the future? Would like to hear your thoughts.

2 hours ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

Who cares, there's no burrito where I'm from.

Same lol.

Who cares that USA Burrito Industry is getting monopolized?

3 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

Same lol.

Who cares that USA Burrito Industry is getting monopolized?

You may not care, but technological advancements in the Burrito Industry is the only way that consumers can get more value out of said product. When a lack of competition happens, advancement slows which in turn hurts the consumer. Yes, you may not live in the USA, but the lack of advancement in Burrito Tech in the last years is hurting our wallets.

21 hours ago, sharkstrangler said:

Although why only Chipotle has really survived is the interesting part... Many news articles have been created on this topic, how the pepper-nicknamed business obliterated the competition and stole the market from competitors, removing any possibility of advancement in the burrito space to benefit consumers.

What will this tell us heading into the future? Would like to hear your thoughts.

Not entirely on topic, but I'll never understand how they managed such a feat with their quality of food. Chipotle is in my honest opinion mediocre at best, and the hype surrounding it is just as baffling. I hold the same opinion over bubble tea (no point in saying this, just felt like sharing).

• Like 2

On 2019-06-14 at 11:54 PM, sharkstrangler said:

Chipotle

Eew. Nasty. 

You want a burrito? Well in Texas,  Freebirds is the champion of burritos. 

Getcha a spicy chicken super monster on a habanero tortilla with a side of queso. Crapotle aint got S#&$ on Freebirds.Freebirds_t580.jpg?8f1b5874916776826eb17

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

12 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

-snip-

so, just try dice pineapple, pinto beans, steak beef, grill slice chickens, jalapeno, salad, cheese, apple slices, brown rice, coconut meat (that what the asain people call it because you get inside the coconut of its nut white skin inside) strip slices, green & red bill pepper slices, tomato dices, honey muster and barbecue sauce.  try that and you'll get a funky weirdness in taste and that img you show you got that as mercy eating it, this one will leave weirdness and funky way in life how your going end up eating things today.

Edited by ChaoticEdge

3 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

so, just try dice pineapple, pinto beans, steak beef, grill slice chickens, jalapeno, salad, cheese, apple slices, brown rice, coconut meat (that what the asain people call it because you get inside the coconut of its nut white skin inside) strip slices, green & red bill pepper slices, tomato dices, honey muster and barbecue sauce.  try that and you'll get a funky weirdness in taste and that img you show you got that as mercy eating it.

Can I sub serranos or habaneros instead of jalapenos? I like the spicy burn.

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

27 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Eew. Nasty. 

You want a burrito? Well in Texas,  Freebirds is the champion of burritos. 

Getcha a spicy chicken super monster on a habanero tortilla with a side of queso. Crapotle aint got S#&$ on Freebirds.Freebirds_t580.jpg?8f1b5874916776826eb17

Damned, you  don't get this in Asia and as much as I hate veggies I would be tempted to try something that is that spicy and different from the usual fare.

Like damned, that wrap skin looks well toasted, not overdone or underdone.

On 2019-06-16 at 6:59 PM, FlusteredFerret said:

Stop eating burrito and switch to chicken?

Nando's.jpg

They have this in my country too, except it sucks here since the chicken is badly marinated and it is super overpriced. I dunno about a proper Nando's, but there certainly isn't one in my country.

Had it once, would not go back again.