Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raid Is Still In The Game

ThisOneIsSneaky

So the Orokin Cell alert popped up, a deception, and we ran it. Then we got a secondary objective:

"I'm detecting an Orokin artifact on board this ship."

One of my clanmates dropped a timestamp in chat for the screencap...

pUcUx5m.jpg

And another took the screencap from a different angle...

7TlD53Q.jpg

Whooaaaa, hold the phone! Raid was taken out with U10, right? No way to add new game modes without taking some out, right? That's what they told us.

So why is this still in the game when survival is also in?

I SENSE CONSPIRACY!!!!

Jokes aside, maybe they removed Raid from all 'Initial objectives' but forgot to remove the 'latter objective'

I think it can still have a place as a secondary objective.

It could be something they overlooked and may remove but I see no problem with this.

It's not that it's a problem or something unwelcome in and of itself. Honestly raid was my favorite mission type.

The issue is, we were told it was being removed to make room for survival, because they HAD to; the way they coded the game didn't let them add more modes unless they were replacing others. And yet it's still here.

A lot of people are missing the point here.

DE removed raid based on two 'facts' (which I call bulls**t)

1. Raid was hardly played/one of the least played.

Clearly not true since raid is one of the easiest (funnest?) game modes.

2. It was nigh-impossible to code another game-type in without having to remove a current game-type first. As if there's some slots that can't be increased or such.

This OP proves otherwise. And I'd wager it's just DE being lazy about adding content in. And getting rid of one of the easier modes.

This also proves they could have left in Tower Raid keys and just added Survival keys as a seperate key in which case we would still be able to find Forma and the tables would not be so "diluted".

0.67% for boar parts and 2% as max for forma is not "diluted". It's bullS#&$.

DE, this is why we have to data mine: we can't trust you.

1. Raid was hardly played/one of the least played.

Clearly not true since raid is one of the easiest (funnest?) game modes.

I could have sworn they removed Raid because it was 100% the same as Capture mission, just without the need to kill a weaponless Corpus.

I could have sworn they removed Raid because it was 100% the same as Capture mission, just without the need to kill a weaponless Corpus.

Nope, They said it was the least played game type which is total bull. It was all about stopping people from farming rewards quickly.

DE removed raid based on two 'facts' (which I call bulls**t)

[...]

2. It was nigh-impossible to code another game-type in without having to remove a current game-type first. As if there's some slots that can't be increased or such.

This OP proves otherwise. And I'd wager it's just DE being lazy about adding content in. And getting rid of one of the easier modes.

No, guys, you don't get it. Think about the logistics here. If they simply added a new game mode, that would mean a bunch more mission nodes taking up the solar map. Survival replaced Raid's nodes, so we keep about the same amount. (I'm fairly sure that) That's what they meant, not that they've hardcoded themself into a corner.

Keeping Raid as a secondary objective doesn't take up any more nodes. As I understood what they were saying, it was intentional.