Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Terrible Framerate since Jovian Concord Update.

(NSW)Hermy

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (NSW)Tate:

I came here to make this exact same post.  

THESE FRAMRATES ARE HORRIBLE!!!

I've started playing again on PC and even PS4 for my kid and there is a HUGE difference.  Textures, framrates, overall quality of life on the other platforms is VASTLY BETTER.  I understand that a LOT of that is because the switch pales badly in comparison when it comes to graphics power, but man, if there is ANYTHING that can be done, it needs to be done.  It sucks because I love the idea of warframe on switch.  I've started a little ghost clan I play with my daughter and she loves it as well, but looking at the experiences side by side... it's clear the switch version needs some serious help.  disable something, optimize something.. i don't know.  I'm not a coder, and even the fact that I can play at all on my switch I'm grateful for.  It's awesome.. seriously.  But smoother framerates would be a HUUUUUUUGE step forward for the switch version.

You can disable a lot of options manually on Switch... The framerate was also really good until the Jovian Concord update - and no blackscreens before loading/ way shorter loading times. We are trying yo find out what is causing this performance drop. (especially in the openworld areas and Jupiter)

Yeah its brutal. This is currently one of my top priorities in fixing (along with game crashes). I'm not entirely sure what the cause is for this terrible performance but I'm actively hunting for the issue and will let you guys know when I have something. Hold tight Tate, hoping I can get this in soon. Its worth noting we have been making steady improvements to performance, thought probably not enough to answer for the extreme lag spikes you're experiencing

• Like 2

Y

vor 17 Stunden schrieb [DE]JoshB:

Yeah its brutal. This is currently one of my top priorities in fixing (along with game crashes). I'm not entirely sure what the cause is for this terrible performance but I'm actively hunting for the issue and will let you guys know when I have something. Hold tight Tate, hoping I can get this in soon. Its worth noting we have been making steady improvements to performance, thought probably not enough to answer for the extreme lag spikes you're experiencing

Yeah, since release with each update it ran better and better. it ran best with the profit taker part 2 update  - only dropped some frames in orb vallis but everything else was extremely smooth, even in the plains of eidolon with 4 players. (and there where really nice lens effects *_*)

19 hours ago, [DE]JoshB said:

Really glad to see this! It's definitely bad right now, and the low framerate / lag combined with the gyro aiming issues (game constantly pulling against the direction you're tilting the controller) takes a lot of fun out of playing the game. 

13 hours ago, (NSW)Hermy said:

Y

Yeah, since release with each update it ran better and better. it ran best with the profit taker part 2 update  - only dropped some frames in orb vallis but everything else was extremely smooth, even in the plains of eidolon with 4 players. (and there where really nice lens effects *_*)

Don't forget dynamic lighting it was also there at the time and it still ran like a king. >_<

vor 9 Stunden schrieb (NSW)XenoCrosser:

Don't forget dynamic lighting it was also there at the time and it still ran like a king. >_<

Yeah, the god rays :3 And ambient occlusion ^^ but even then it crashed after around 15 to 20 minutes. xP - but that's another problem. The new plains of eidolon would look amazing with these effects.

Edited by (NSW)Hermy

1 hour ago, (NSW)Hermy said:

Yeah, the god rays :3 And ambient occlusion ^^ but even then it crashed after around 15 to 20 minutes. xP - but that's another problem. The new plains of eidolon would look amazing with these effects.

Definitely. but can we agree that dynamic lighting was underrated. like now the non open world areas all seem lifeless with no light shining through the glass on ship's or through the tree's on earth and stuff =( 

On 2019-07-10 at 8:00 PM, (NSW)ArcoYflecha said:

I can quote to this since I also noticed then poor performance when on plains specially when you go to really populated areas.. It will start ok then it will get worse until its like 5-10  fps..

This with settings on lowest and Solo Mode.. it happens also wether docked or portable.. Theres also this random pink boxes that appear on plains when you are riding archwing... Please DE can you check on this issue..? Also before 4 player party runs good with 20-30 fps even with all the effects bombarding the screen but now same issue like in plains.. It will start good then gets worse over time.. I think there are memory leaks that is happening making the switch performance worse over time.. 

Just like to update with my experience now.. It seems like the slideshow fps performance is now very rarely happening.. The only thing I experience now is sometimes when you do multiple bounties on plains when using the outpost 30-50% of the time you will be disconnected to the game.. there are minor fps drops but not as terrible as before. Wherein its literally unplayable. Anyone of you guys with better fps? Also the pink boxes that appears on plains is still there.. If you dont know it sometimes instead of the trees or grass it's this pink Box will appear then dissapear as it loads the asset for the trees and grass..

I can confirm that it doesn't happen all the time on the plains & in orb vallis. Sometimes it runs at around 15-20 fps when i'm fishing solo but then i hunt an eidolon with one mate and it runs perfectly fine. (maybe it has to do with the time of day or the weather ? Or the resolution ? On jupiter it seems to run constantly at a bad framerate. there is this event right now and one of the missions is on the new jupiter and it doesn't run well at all...

On 2019-07-11 at 2:38 PM, [DE]JoshB said:

Hey all, thanks so much for the feedback. I've already sent a message to Hermy, but I would be interested in getting some details from all of you in what could be causing this regression since the update. I can't think of anything that would have caused a serious performance impact. Any information you can provide would be very helpful.

• Do you typically notice this perf impact while undocked? Or is this docked too?
  • Is the game installed on an SD card or directly on your kit?
  • Are you only hitting these perf issues as a host?

Any information you can provide would be helpful in digging. Its also worth noting that I have a hotfix on the way that will improve performance with Bolkors. Also worth noting that I believe these issues are CPU related rather than GPU, so I don't think lowering graphics quality will help. Don't think your voices have gone unnoticed, Tenno, I promise I'm digging and will do everything I can to fix

1 Both Docked and Undocked equally

2 Directly onto the system men, so full performance

3 Both host and client.

It's really bad for me too, and it seemed to be since the Jovian Concord as well. PoE is really bad. Cetus is also worse.

On 2019-07-16 at 2:56 PM, [DE]JoshB said:

Thanks so much for the time and effort you guys are putting in to fix this. We all really appreciate it.

@(NSW)Hermy will the loading screen fix for more speed loading if you enter the mission something wrong on loading screen this may not so speed loading screen and on login screen has not too speed loading screen and there are not many players wanna playing on 4 matchmaking but there are also need fix with matchmaking for more players wanna playing i see there nothing on 4 matchmaking playing only 2 players playing in mission but i need that fixing all 2 for loading screen on login and matchmaking more players wanna play and that should unplayable for not many players want to matchmaking we need that fix on it is that correct @(NSW)Hermy for framerate that you say and me i would to say for loading screen speed on login and mission on it and matchmaking for more players playing on switch i see only 2 players playing with me not 4 players on matchmaking on mission im picking relics for unlocking and there players want to left and there are also not many players want to matchmaking i see only 2 players not 4 players we need after the cert on update yet for many fixing and we need all fixing do for matchmaking and loading screen on login and on mission too it and framerate that @(NSW)Hermy say this we need this all for it

• 3 weeks later...

Since theres staff here i wanna tell my problem

Whenever i got to 1 mission and extract to orbiter the fps drop so down fells like 5-15fps and i dont know the issue too it happen after the quatz or 25.4 update and already unplayable for me .... already seek for some peeps who got the same problem but they didnt and i already reinstall the game several time. I install it to 128GB sdcard with 18GB free space (already make it bigger but doesnt make any difference )  but at the first login it run smooth i feel like whoaaa 60fps on switch

• 1 month later...
On 2019-08-12 at 11:45 PM, (NSW)Kontoru said:

Since theres staff here i wanna tell my problem

Whenever i got to 1 mission and extract to orbiter the fps drop so down fells like 5-15fps and i dont know the issue too it happen after the quatz or 25.4 update and already unplayable for me .... already seek for some peeps who got the same problem but they didnt and i already reinstall the game several time. I install it to 128GB sdcard with 18GB free space (already make it bigger but doesnt make any difference )  but at the first login it run smooth i feel like whoaaa 60fps on switch

Still no answer 😞

Edited by (NSW)Kontoru

I never experienced this problem... What sd card are you using ? Is it after every mission and does it run so bad constantly ? Does other games have similar problems on your switch ? did you try installing to game to the internal memory ?

21 hours ago, (NSW)Hermy said:

I never experienced this problem... What sd card are you using ? Is it after every mission and does it run so bad constantly ? Does other games have similar problems on your switch ? did you try installing to game to the internal memory ?

I use sandisk ultra A1  128GB

Everytime i extract it occur worse and getting worse feel 5fps on cetus

Other games work just fine and already try it doesnt resolve the issue 

I have to admit this is there same issue I have been having since the Jovian update. On missions it's completely fine but in my orbiter the frame rate is crazy slow and the load time outside of missions, such as "replay mission" is so crazy long that others simply leave the Larry. Assuming I have gone Afk or doing something else. It's a problem that's for sure and sours me doing relic runs. 

• 1 month later...
Am 19.10.2019 um 03:04 schrieb (NSW)ScouserChris:

Just found this thread and currently seeing this frame rate issue since the the last update, never noticed previously. Was there ever a hotfix or did anyone try a full reinstall incase it’s the download getting a bit corrupted?

Yeah, so it seems to be back xP It's not as bad as it was after the release of the Jovian concord, but the framerate took a hit with the old blood. If you're solo or in a squad of two it runs fine, but as soon as more is going on it starts to drop frames... 😕

I tried reinstalling and turning off all graphics settings, but it seems not to be gpu nor corrupted files related... of course it's still possible that the Reason is the resolution scaler not working properly anymore because it looks way sharper than before the update...

But i think it's probably something cpu or ram related that is causing issues.