Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Delayed joining when playing in teams (especially open world)

FlusteredFerret

This is something that has been bugging me for a while now and I was reminded when playing a Plague Star mission yesterday.

For some reason I always seem to be the last person to spawn, or exit the gate on open worlds, when playing in teams. In normal missions this isn't such an issue as the maps are smaller and objectives easier to reach.

However, in the Plains of Eidolon or Orb Vallis, objectives can be over 1km away and by the time I'm able to join the game, my teams mates are already at the first objective. By the time I reach it, the objective is completed and they are already on their way to the next one. Thus I spend the entire mission trying to play catch-up and not being able to contribute in any way.

This is the main reason I try to play solo as much as possible.

So my question is, would it be possible to synchronise the mission start, so that everyone enters at the same time, so no-one is essentially left behind and surplus to requirements?

My connection and game performance are generally good. I get 15-20ms ping rate and fairly steady 40-60fps everywhere...even on open world maps. So I don't think this is related to my connection or PC performance.

19 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

For some reason I always seem to be the last person to spawn, or exit the gate on open worlds, when playing in teams. In normal missions this isn't such an issue as the maps are smaller and objectives easier to reach.

This is almost always an internet speed or PC performance issue. You say these are good for your, but your FPS is half what I get and you have not mentioned connection speed. No, your ping and connection speed are not the same thing. Run a proper speed test. I have one friend with a slow connection, he is always last to load in. And that is all there is to it, his internet is slow. His ping is fine.

22 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

So my question is, would it be possible to synchronise the mission start, so that everyone enters at the same time, so no-one is essentially left behind and surplus to requirements?

This would be an incredibly bad thing to implement. Consider why this would be good for you. It would be terrible for everyone that loads quickly. I don’t want to delay my missions waiting for someone with sub-par internet to load. If it’s my friend, that’s different - I can wait. But not in public matches.

26 minutes ago, krc473 said:

This is almost always an internet speed or PC performance issue. You say these are good for your, but your FPS is half what I get and you have not mentioned connection speed. No, your ping and connection speed are not the same thing. Run a proper speed test. I have one friend with a slow connection, he is always last to load in. And that is all there is to it, his internet is slow. His ping is fine.

This would be an incredibly bad thing to implement. Consider why this would be good for you. It would be terrible for everyone that loads quickly. I don’t want to delay my missions waiting for someone with sub-par internet to load. If it’s my friend, that’s different - I can wait. But not in public matches.

Well thats nice - you're happy to wait for friends, but not strangers. Double standards much.

Also it is implemented in other games I play - Armored Warfare, for example. There is a mandatory 30 second countdown at the start of each mission and sometimes you have to wait longer, while the matchmaker makes sure everyone has joined.

And FYI my PC runs that game just fine too.

So its not just me being selfish - just questioning whether something that is already implemented in other games, could be applied to WF.

4 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Well thats nice - you're happy to wait for friends, but not strangers. Double standards much.

I am not sure why you are surprised. Friends are people I like and regularly play with. Strangers are just random people that I will likely never see again.

There is a mandatory 30 second countdown at the start of each mission and sometimes you have to wait longer, while the matchmaker makes sure everyone has joined.

How long do the matches take in this other game? Do you think people want to wait 30+ seconds for people to join in Warframe? Given that many missions will take under two minutes, this seems like a significant increase in mission time. Also consider the ‘may have to wait longer’. Previously, I have had to wait one or two minutes for someone to load in. That is a basically going to double the duration of faster missions. For what benefit? The person that may only kill one enemy the entire mission.

• I have encountered this feature in other games too. One thing they all have in common is longer mission times.

And FYI my PC runs that game just fine too.

Well, that’s fairly irrelevant. Maybe it takes 30 seconds for you to load. Then you are still experiencing what you are here.

• Your FPS in Warframe sounds fine. I don’t think performance was being questioned by anyone.
  • I am only questioning your internet speed. Because every time I encounter what you describe, that’s to blame.