Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks, DE, but todays sortie is a pass

crazyjr

The spy mission is nearly impossible, particularly the B vault, I have yet to even get in it, This Freaking rework on the spy, makes me so glad my 200 plus Amalthea spy missions (for Ivara's chassis) were on the old format. Might have quit the game if i had to do that on this layout.

Skipping the jupiter sorties, at least the spies. 

Edited by crazyjr

I remember when I use to think the Grineer Earth Spy "Lower Water Levels" Vault was too hard and literally impossible.....

...Then, you know, I learned it, figured out what I was doing was wrong, and now breeze through no problem every time, even without a Stealth Frame.

• Like 2

I loved it. I always half-ass sortie spies with any frame I have at the time since I know them very well. Even in public squads I usually carry players with my Rhino.

Today I guessed, and rightly so, that the Jupiter Spy would feature new vaults. So I tried solo with my already equipped Mesa from Hostile Mergers endurance runs. I failed right at A. Had to get Ivara once again in order to go slowly and learn how to properly do then.

And hot damn! Those are some damn interesting and tricky rooms. I love them!

• Like 1

Well I hate to be that guy who says they are easy, but they are fun and really easy once you know the route..and I will admit one of the vaults got me once due to a lucky laser...but...I swear to you..if you go into it with the mindset of not caring...Sortie Spy runs are the pinnacle of Shakespearian drama in Warframe especially when a mic pops on....It is not to be missed....

• Like 1

Or you could embrace the novelty of an unfamiliar challenge and the thrill of uncertain success.

I did my first spy sortie on jupiter just last week. Finally nailed it on the fifth attempt and it was all the sweeter for it.

Such moments are fleeting, seems a pity not to savor them.

• Like 5

I know exactly which vault you are talking about. The one with the multiple moving lasers and the sideways lasers in the same little hall right before the terminal yes? Just blast past with the operator and dont care about triggering that alarm, get to the console and hack it before the timer runs out. Doesnt matter if the alarms are triggered, just getting the data matters.

The other two vaults are easy as blinking.

5 hours ago, crazyjr said:

Skipping the jupiter sorties, at least the spies. 

no! no no no.. don't give up: meet the challenge! either that, or grab the Infiltrate Augment for Ivara so you can walk through the lasers...

part of the appeal is to learn the vaults, and try to find a route that works without using Invis: these vaults will be possible to complete without needing to cloak, it's just a question of figuring it out. I recommend you practice the regular Spy over and over: they should be the same 3 vaults each time so once you know them, you'll be able to complete the mission nearly all the time.

I would give tips on the rooms themselves, but haven't yet put in enough practice. I intend to though, and practice has made the Uranus and Kuva Fortress Tiles a lot easier too!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

they should be the same 3 vaults each time

They are the same 3 vaults each time. Think DE's moving away from the '6 possible vaults choose 3' Spy missions in favor of '3 vaults, but more elaborate' Spy missions. That said, I find the Jupiter Spy vaults lacking in that elaborateness.