Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pride Flag Palette for Pride?

DoctorRegulus

Itd be a nice way to show support for LGBTQ+ players. It keeps with holiday celebration palettes, as Pride is widely celebrated. Already have the colors? Color remix palettes for cheap are already a thing. The existence of LGBTQ+ players isn't political, and DE wouldn't be "making the game political" by deciding to show support. Please don't get nasty in the thread, I love this game and want to love the community, and I know that our Devs are great people, so my only reason for wanting this is it'd be nice to have a message from Dev to player saying that yes, even gay/trans/lesbian etc Ninjas can play free.

5 minutes ago, DoctorRegulus said:

Itd be a nice way to show support for LGBTQ+ players. It keeps with holiday celebration palettes, as Pride is widely celebrated. Already have the colors? Color remix palettes for cheap are already a thing. The existence of LGBTQ+ players isn't political, and DE wouldn't be "making the game political" by deciding to show support. Please don't get nasty in the thread, I love this game and want to love the community, and I know that our Devs are great people, so my only reason for wanting this is it'd be nice to have a message from Dev to player saying that yes, even gay/trans/lesbian etc Ninjas can play free.

I believe your previous thread put the conversation on this where it should be. 

Edit: To quote Datam4ss who said it very well; "Game developers should remain apolitical and never take a stance in anything which is controversial/always act neutrally. In the same vein, colour palettes should be what they are - colour palettes. They should never be attached to any minority/political group/organisation." 

Edited by sleepychewbacca
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, DoctorRegulus said:

Itd be a nice way to show support for LGBTQ+ players

*sarcastic*i want then catholic palette for all christian players, then muslims, and next other religions
then... give palette for... dunno... white hetero man/woman, etc...*sarcastin-end*

5 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

To quote Datam4ss who said it very well; "Game developers should remain apolitical and never take a stance in anything which is controversial/always act neutrally. In the same vein, colour palettes should be what they are - colour palettes. They should never be attached to any minority/political group/organisation." 

^ this... +1

Edited by Rin-senpai

LGBTQ+ players existing isn't political. Showing those players that they're welcome with a single, optional color palette isn't political. Unless you don't want them to be welcome, I suppose, but then you probably should look into playing another game.

• Like 2

I want to post something witty but everything has been said already, so have a lol.

"LOL"

Just now, Rin-senpai said:

i want then catholic palette for all christian players
then... give palette for... dunno... white hetero man

Where's my atheist palette?

1 minute ago, DoctorRegulus said:

LGBTQ+ players existing isn't political. Showing those players that they're welcome with a single, optional color palette isn't political. Unless you don't want them to be welcome, I suppose, but then you probably should look into playing another game.

Yes it is...

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

I want to post something witty but everything has been said already, so have a lol.

"LOL"

Where's my atheist palette? 

Sorry, i forget about atheist... but Right... y'all need palette too

i want then catholic palette for all christian players

As a Protestant, I am offended. How dare you not respect me and rub elitist christian theology in my face. 

Also, we need a palette for every race, every religion, and every binary and non-binary mode of representation. This should be done asap. 

I personally identify as an assault helicopter and worship the flying spaghetti monster. Where's my palette's? This is discrimination. 

or something like that. /s obviously. 

4 minutes ago, DoctorRegulus said:

Unless you don't want them to be welcome, I suppose, but then you probably should look into playing another game.

No u. 

Seriously though, what did you have to make in making another thread again? Your last one didnt get the replies you wanted? Forum reputation farming? 

It's a can of worms. Open to one, everyone else will start demanding recognition.

By your logic, if x does not get a colour palette, they are not welcome? 

4 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

As a Protestant, I am offended. How dare you not respect me and rub elitist christian theology in my face. 

Also, we need a palette for every race, every religion, and every binary and non-binary mode of representation. This should be done asap. 

I personally identify as an assault helicopter and worship the flying spaghetti monster. Where's my palette's? This is discrimination. 

or something like that. /s obviously. 

protestants are christians thoo :v btw
i just put all catholics, orthodox, protestants, arians, jehowas, etc. in one bag 😉 i just dont want edit post after 1st quote
PS. i know it's /s still others can dont know this 😛

Edited by Rin-senpai

This is the thing I've never been able to understand; why do they (or anyone) need a special welcome to the game?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DoctorRegulus said:

As much as you want to believe it isn't political, it's really not. It's going to be a hot button issue for many years to come. I would prefer they keep an apolitical stance, and if you thought anymore into it than "muh pride, muh colors, muh ninjas" you might get a glimpse into the repercussions of them doing something like that. 

Edited by TheGuyver
  • Like 1

Alright, time to break down my request again. Pride flag color palette. Why? Pretty colors for everyone, for cheap. LGBTQ+ tenno get a nice treat during their holiday, Pride Month, the month that celebrates them. Why do I think DE would do this? Because they seem to be caring people, who want to show their audience that they're welcome. Also, ticker, a trans character, exists.

• Like 1

protestants are christians thoo :v btw
i just put all catholics, orthodox, protestants, arians, jehowas, etc. in one bag 😉 i just dont want edit post after 1st quote

According to some catholics, i am going to hell cause I dont recognise their doctrine. reeeeeeeeee. 

Let's make it fair the way OP wants. DE should add like, 7+ billion colour palettes into the game to represent every single person. Then only will the game truly have full inclusion and fairness. 

Also, the reason why I reposted is because I don't want the idea to lose attention. Im not on forums enough to care about rep.

So you contacted the moderator who closed your initial thread and got permission to remake?

Otherwise, that's a paddlin'.

what even was there flag again 

id have so many flags waved in my face in the recent years they all kinda blur together wasn't it the rainbow one or was it the one that was white sky blue and light pink ? 

either way at most it just be a pallet of 3 colors that we already have or the variation of each color block will be so minimum they will look the same regardless 

Also, the reason why I reposted is because I don't want the idea to lose attention. Im not on forums enough to care about rep. 

making hundred threads dont make it real
this is horrible idea, realize that
and it is political asf.