Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

super unfun mission design in the new Spy Vaults

so we just got the Corpus Gas City rework on my system a few days ago, i just was in the new Spy Vaults part of it for the first time and here's my feedback regarding it. 

i used to speedrun-grind the old and newer Corpus Spy missions and the latest Grineer Spy missions - but the newest Corpus Gas City Spy Vaults? just awful, in the way of super unfun. sure - the level design is beautiful, but the first vault i was in was full of these super unfun cheater guys and cameras that couldn't be killed by distance shots (at least not by my Lanka magnetic-loadout that i use only for Spy (i use another loadout without magnetism on it for Eidolon obviously) as it doesn't trigger AE's and has no weaknesses against Sensor Regulator's Ferrite while being super strong against shields when built for magnetism - plus like that it can incorporate the only Rifle Primed element mod easy) - and the second Spy Vault was purposefully designed so that someone attempting it the first time has the hardest possible such to find which ways to go and where the buttons to press are, it was also filled with stuff that isn't a security sensor of any kind but yet triggers alerts nonetheless. purposefully built to be as unfun as anyhow possible. 

know this DE: longtime Warframe veterans running Spy over and over and not minding it - even enjoying it - are rare enough, and among those few you lost me entirely for the new Jupiter Spy vaults until you rework them to be fun too/ at the very least drastically less unfun. i refuse to adapt to them in the meantime - and regardless whatever reward, i will skip anything and everything that requires running these vaults as they are simply not fun enough to waste any further parts of my lifetime with them. ain't nobody got time for this stuff! 

• Like 1

vor 8 Minuten schrieb (PS4)HELLHOUND_ROCKO:

and the second Spy Vault was purposefully designed so that someone attempting it the first time has the hardest possible such to find which ways to go and where the buttons to press are, it was also filled with stuff that isn't a security sensor of any kind but yet triggers alerts nonetheless. purposefully built to be as unfun as anyhow possible. 

Isnt that the point of spy vaults? That you need to figure out a way to get through faster?

vor 9 Minuten schrieb (PS4)HELLHOUND_ROCKO:

i refuse to adapt to them in the meantime - and regardless whatever reward

Do what you like i guess. Adapting is kinda the point of spy vaults though so I'm not sure how much of your self imposed "veteran" status is true.

• Like 3

That first paragraph needs a little touching up, as you spend more time talking about your build etc with no end than the level issues itself.

Seen a few complaints about this change. Have yet to bother with the new levels though.

I like them so far, never failed them, I'm the point where I can even complete them with Hydroid, so figure... they are far from hard. Of course they have the typical shortcuts you need to learn like any other vaults. Speed running is not always the solution, using the breaks from time to time does not hurt.

Have fun o/

• Like 1

You really shouldn't be throwing around words like "unfun" when you speak only for yourself.  I quite enjoy all three of the new rooms, and find them to be extremely easy.  I had literally run the mission five times (with Inaros, before you accuse me of cheesing them with a stealth 'Frame) before I set an alarm off, and when I finally did I was entirely to blame (jumped right in from of an obvious camera).

The new vaults are far form "unfun", they're some of the best yet.  You've just decided not to like them because you oh-so-special spy build didn't trivialize them.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)HELLHOUND_ROCKO said:

and among those few you lost me entirely for the new Jupiter Spy vaults until you rework them to be fun too/ at the very least drastically less unfun. i refuse to adapt to them in the meantime - and regardless whatever reward, i will skip anything and everything that requires running these vaults as they are simply not fun enough to waste any further parts of my lifetime with them. ain't nobody got time for this stuff! 

Well, have fun being the only person petty enough to boycott this one mission, because I don't see DE changing it over one rather weak complaint.

EDIT: The heck does "cheater guys" even mean anyway?  I've not seen any enemies in these rooms that are any different from the usual.

Edited by xXRampantXx
  • Like 1

The new spy mission is by far the best one DE has done though. Can only hope they'll change the other ones to match the new Jupiter spy. It finally gave a little challenge unlike the old vaults that are to easy. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, (PS4)HELLHOUND_ROCKO said:

know this DE: longtime Warframe veterans running Spy over and over and not minding it - even enjoying it - are rare enough, 

That simply isn't true, I do most of my forma levelling through spy missions, and really love the new spy tilesets, I've seen quite a few others proclaiming their enjoyment for spy missions both old and new. ☺️

I’ll echo that the new spy vaults are a welcome breath of fresh air. I’d really like spy vaults that are randomized every time so you can’t get used to them (but I acknowledge that is a very hard thing to design so they’re always solvable by any frame). 

• Like 1

On 2019-06-15 at 12:05 PM, --Brandt-- said:

The new spy mission is by far the best one DE has done though. Can only hope they'll change the other ones to match the new Jupiter spy. It finally gave a little challenge unlike the old vaults that are to easy. 

Only a challenge for the first run.

Jupiter Spy showed up for sortie, figured out all 3 vaults.

Guess that's it then, no more challenge now that I know the solutions.

Back to being bored.

On 2019-06-15 at 7:53 PM, xXRampantXx said:

Well, have fun being the only person petty enough to boycott this one mission, because I don't see DE changing it over one rather weak complaint.

No, he's not the only one. I attempted to run it when it showed up in the sortie. Vault #1, the alarm tripped for absolutely no reason (nothing saw me, and I never touched a laser). I just managed to get there in time. Vault #2, I'm guessing it was a laser but I have no idea which part of me got hit (I was behind a crate). I actually managed to get to the console by just child mode spamming through all the lasers and did manage to hack the console, but because the game still feels a burning need to play this pointless "let's wobble the icons" animation before it'll stop the timer and succeed, even though you've actually made the damn hack, the mission failed itself for me.

Nope. Not doing that again. I haven't touched moonspy ever since they ruined Limbo by putting rift toggle on roll (do DE even play their game?), I won't touch this one either.

• Like 1

Just Use Ivara with her augment and you win every spy unless your just suck at hacking. This sounds like complaining for complaining sake and you should probably learn to do things in the optimal way. Lua spy would like a word with you by the way, try that and then tall me the gas city vaults are bad XD

OP says new Spy missions are not fun because for him 'fun' is speedrunning the same vaults over and over again by rote memory; and the new ones are hard the First Time cause he has no rote memory of them to go off of.

...uh yeah? isn't that how memory and experience are supposed to work? in this universe anyway?

So keep doing them till you memorize the new solutions? and that kinda fixes itself?

• Like 1

The camera thing does sound like a really bad glitch my dude, but like, maybe you're just bad? I did them all with a level 12 wisp just to see if I could. And I did (albeit badly) tough I had never played the vaults before.

On 2019-06-15 at 1:36 PM, Rin-senpai said:

Ivara with augment is an answer
If u think this is bad i just use 2 words: Lua spy

Dude, just bring Limbo with a walk-latch and movement speed mods?

Or if you are ivara use the dash wire with your Artemis vow alt fire. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)Smooth81Criminal said:

I read this a few days ago and decided to run the spy on Jupiter. I gotta say, I didnt really find any issues going through it. I thought it was pretty nice to see a map switch up in the vault. But I did not find it particularly hard or troublesome.

ppl just griping cause it's not braindead easy like they want. players like them why the game will never have semblance of good difficulty.