Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave is better than the old alerts, but pain is real.

It feels like homework. I don't wanna do it. I know it's a reasonable system sitting the game, but doing all this stuff sucks because it's almost never something I wanna do. Like, it just hurts. It's better, but I wish it had less of whatever abstract bucket of suck is hidden in there that makes me hate doing it. I can't explain it. Uhggggg I wanna do it, but it's pain. I do like there idea of it though somehow.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Then why are you playing the game?

Because he likes the game. How is it incompatible to not wanting to do certain tasks that might not be enticing to the player? Not everything is kill 500 enemies. What if I don't like mining?

Edited by NightmareT12
  • Like 7

Since now there's a catch up mechanic I don't feel like that anymore. The day after tomorrow I'm going to another town and won't login for 6 days. I'm missing 2 challenges this week - 9 relics to open and 3 full cache sabotages - which I already know I won't do tomorrow because I'm not feeling like it and I want cystoliths for my Dojo golden trophy instead.

Yet no harm in the slightest. I can do it when I return, no pressure. I still think challenges like 3 forma and gild should be eliminated, but at least the forma one can hold on until new gear is released now, so not as bad as before.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 1

Lol no its not the old alert system left you with choice nightwave doesnt. The next season will continue to suck as well, but thats just how the game is now and no I cant change that so ill just be miserable on my own.

• Like 5

I just pair them together or with stuff I already do, then set aside a quick session each day to do them in portions. It's all about planning ahead.

For example, for this week, I did the Sabotage caches one along with the kill count and the dailies on day one. Day two, I got my Fulmin to 30 through my Marduk runs, Forma'd it and my Panthera, then gave it to my Ivara to go on a spin at Adaro, which levelled it back to 30 in a single bound and also completed the Exterminate Elite, then threw in the third Forma. Day 3, I just spent a few minutes fishing and mining in Orb Vallis. I already clear relics every day, so meh on that. Easy peasy.

That said, seeing as the secondary intent behind Nightwave is to breathe new life into old content, I kinda think it should be more mission-based, and less stuff like gilding or Forma-ing something - I just don't think that's really "content." Maybe they could make many of the Weeklies sort of "mini-Sorties" of three different non-endless missions, with a little fun kind of RNG thrown in like, say, having the G3 spawn on the 3rd mission or something.

But yeah, Nightwave is a flawed step in the right direction, but I don't miss Alerts one bit. For me personally, good riddance to Alerts.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

It feels like homework. I don't wanna do it. I know it's a reasonable system sitting the game, but doing all this stuff sucks because it's almost never something I wanna do. Like, it just hurts. It's better, but I wish it had less of whatever abstract bucket of suck is hidden in there that makes me hate doing it. I can't explain it. Uhggggg I wanna do it, but it's pain. I do like there idea of it though somehow.

It only took me about three hours over the course of two days to do all of the weeklies. The longest thing it took me to do is the 10 relics, which I had to do to get the ducats. It's really not as bad as you are making it out to be.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Because he likes the game. How is it incompatible to not wanting to do certain tasks that might not be enticing to the player? Not everything is kill 500 enemies. What if I don't like mining?

Then you don't do mining mission maybe ? Not every mission task has to be tailored to what you like or don't like...

54 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Most of what Nightwave has is killing things. Usually in some way that is done as usual. If you are saying the reaction to most of what Nightwave has you do is like homework, like you are being forced to do things you don't like to do, "almost never something I want to do"... you're saying you don't like most of the game. Mining is not most of the acts in Nightwave.

Why can the simple answer not be to just stop playing a game you mostly dislike? Reread the OP and tell me this is a person who likes to play Warframe.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Why can the simple answer not be to just stop playing a game you mostly dislike? Reread the OP and tell me this is a person who likes to play Warframe.

Warframe is a very expansive game, and most of the time most people won't want to play every part of it. Does that mean they hate Warframe? No! It means people don't like being told "today is interception day, everyone to your interceptions".

Nightwave, at its heart, was all good intentions. Somebody just didn't think through the end result, and so we have what's here today.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

According to this forum, continuing to play a game you get no enjoyment out of, but “want to enjoy” is called love.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

Warframe is a very expansive game, and most of the time most people won't want to play every part of it. Does that mean they hate Warframe? No! It means people don't like being told "today is interception day, everyone to your interceptions".

Nightwave, at its heart, was all good intentions. Somebody just didn't think through the end result, and so we have what's here today.

Agreed. The problem is that the white knights want us to ignore thsee problems instead of trying to improve it. I personally love when they tell us to just skip the nightwave if we have the slightest complaint about it.

I think Nightwave can be great but it still needs a ton of improvements to make it approachable for everyone. The time gating is at least improved this time around as there are ways to make up missed challenges.

Then again, DE refuses to give us basic QoL features like reducing forma to a 22 hour build time so we can more easily maintain a daily schedule (even Dauntless figured this out!) so it's not like they are perfect. Let's hope they will continue to gradually improve Nightwave instead of making us wait for NW2.0.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Agreed. The problem is that the white knights want us to ignore thsee problems instead of trying to improve it. I personally love when they tell us to just skip the nightwave if we have the slightest complaint about it.

I think Nightwave can be great but it still needs a ton of improvements to make it approachable for everyone. The time gating is at least improved this time around as there are ways to make up missed challenges.

Then again, DE refuses to give us basic QoL features like reducing forma to a 22 hour build time so we can more easily maintain a daily schedule (even Dauntless figured this out!) so it's not like they are perfect. Let's hope they will continue to gradually improve Nightwave instead of making us wait for NW2.0.

If the complaints are coming from people that want to play, then great. But if they are coming from people who aren't actually enjoying the game, that no longer want to play, then the best thing they can do is just stop. Reevaluate their relationship to something they clearly dislike on the whole. Free themselves and find a game that suits them rather than take a game they don't like playing and have DE try and keep them, an impossible task.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

I play the game all the time. I just find nightwave particularly negligible. 

since it's negligible for you, you can choose not to do it, even notice it so why complain?

26 minutes ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

Why? Because I want it to be not that. And maybe some like minded people will show up.

If DE made it not negligible and mandatory, I doubt you won't complain since it's not a negligible to do list

22 minutes ago, 844448 said:

If DE made it not negligible and mandatory, I doubt you won't complain since it's not a negligible to do list

Oh you misunderstand. I'm not saying that I want it to be more necessary. I mean that, while I recognize it as something better than the old alerts, I actually find it to be a negative grind where I'm forced to do allot of content I'm I have no other reason to do - which results in me spending allot time doing things for a little reward... 

In my opinion

No, its not.  Its an objectively worse way to obtain the bare essentials.  It has an illusion of being better because of "choice",  but when the currency payout is so paltry that illusion quickly fades.  Its really good at forcing me into the plat shop to buy the potatoes I could easily get regularly in alerts though, so congrats?  It also succeeded in bringing about the largest mass burnout in the history of the game, so that's pretty impressive, lol.

If they would just up the creds to the point where one can actually obtain a comparable number of potatoes, nitain, helms, auras, forma, I'd have no problems with it.  At current the payouts are nowhere close to what one could obtain with alerts.  The old system had a bit of a problem with nitain, but ripping down an entire system because 1 mat was hard to get from it is ridiculous.  Should have just added nitain into T1/T2 survival/defense rotations and boom, problem solved. Or keep alerts running concurrently with NW and just have resources and NW creds as the rewards; bridging the gap between the 2 camps would appease many.

• Like 3

really hate how DE forcing us to play the games content in order for us to get things that we may or may not want. how dare they. /s

someone has already done the math and you can skip some of the quests you are too lazy to do.

• Like 1