Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave is better than the old alerts, but pain is real.

1 hour ago, Makunogo said:

really hate how DE forcing us to play the games content in order for us to get things that we may or may not want. how dare they. /s

someone has already done the math and you can skip some of the quests you are too lazy to do.

Maybe I'm just getting burnt out of everything that isn't brand new. I do have 1000s of hours after all. I love warframe, but damn does it make me want more and more out of it.

I personally have no beef with nightwave. I like them better then alert and its easier to complete them now then when they first started. If players want they can stretch them out.  Its not really a issue.  And its a good thing we got this mini intermission nightwave.  So we can still get key resources from it.

Poster maybe warframe is just stale for you.  Go play a different game.  Do something fun in real life. Find a new hobby.  Learn an instrument or skill.  The internet has an never ending number of things to do.

If they move nitain, potatoes and umbra forma away from NW, it would be bearable. The "gating resources behind another pointless grind" is the problem.

I have nothing against NW, actually enjoy some of the 'challenges', however having to get to NW 30+8 to get all the nitain I needed to build stuff was ridiculous. And that's spending creds ONLY on nitain, no potatoes, no items or helms, ONLY nitain and booben. Had to get all my potatoes with plat... that was annoying.

Also, as a new player that joined in the middle of it, it was pretty frustrating to find out you have limited time to get to max, and no way to obtain the stuff otherwise.

No it isn't better. At all.

The alerts just rotated infinitely. Anyone could log in and jump in the rotation. There was always a handful of automated missions that guaranteed an instant group.

Nightwave is just timed achievement check lists. By making it time sensitive, they create a false sense of urgency to login when you don't want to. And due to the pool of achievements, you will be forced to play content or complete tasks you wouldn't normally do otherwise. 

The entire thing is designed to force us to play content we don't want to. When we don't want to. Its one of the most egregious forms of content/time-played padding I've seen from digital extremes.

Not to mention we all know they can't keep up. They expect us to login and keep up but they can't even maintain a release schedule. We're currently being given handout intermediary content because they dropped the ball the very first time.....durr

Edited by IIDMOII
  • Like 1

Soooo you're saying Nightwave is like pretty much any content ever made in any game ever made.

Not everything can be 100%, there are certain parts you will not enjoy as much as the other. Nightwave has both good and bad acts to do. Overall it is a massive improvement over alerts.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, peterc3 said:

If the complaints are coming from people that want to play, then great. But if they are coming from people who aren't actually enjoying the game, that no longer want to play, then the best thing they can do is just stop. Reevaluate their relationship to something they clearly dislike on the whole. Free themselves and find a game that suits them rather than take a game they don't like playing and have DE try and keep them, an impossible task.

Let's take this week on consoles. We got Jovian Concord with the limited Hostile Mergers event (and Ropalolyst, Wisp and 3 new weapons, 2 of which require clan research). We got the truncated Intermission Nightwave with fewer days to complete the weekly activites. And then DE gives consoles Plague Star as well. Why?!? Why do we wait months for new content and yhen DE dumps all of this on us for no reason other than they don't plan events for consoles?

So yeah, DE's horrendous planning is what leads to burnout. I don't see this as the players' fault for feeling overwhelmed as they have zero control over the release schedule. Why couldn't Plague Star release after Hostile Mergers ended for consoles? At some point the fault is only DE's regardless of how you try to blame the player for not managing their time better. Feel free to support any rebuttal with facts, just as I have.

• Like 1

Just how many whining about Nightwave threads do we need? You want the rewards you do the tasks. No one is holding a gun to your head. There is plenty to do in the game and all of it offers some form of reward/progression.

25 minutes ago, cmacq said:

Just how many whining about Nightwave threads do we need? You want the rewards you do the tasks. No one is holding a gun to your head. There is plenty to do in the game and all of it offers some form of reward/progression.

Like I said. I can't really articulate it very well. It's like not wanting to do your homework. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Let's take this week on consoles. We got Jovian Concord with the limited Hostile Mergers event (and Ropalolyst, Wisp and 3 new weapons, 2 of which require clan research). We got the truncated Intermission Nightwave with fewer days to complete the weekly activites. And then DE gives consoles Plague Star as well. Why?!? Why do we wait months for new content and yhen DE dumps all of this on us for no reason other than they don't plan events for consoles?

So yeah, DE's horrendous planning is what leads to burnout. I don't see this as the players' fault for feeling overwhelmed as they have zero control over the release schedule. Why couldn't Plague Star release after Hostile Mergers ended for consoles? At some point the fault is only DE's regardless of how you try to blame the player for not managing their time better. Feel free to support any rebuttal with facts, just as I have.

Oh I am having a fly of a time working out a build for the new sniper and the new plot progression was enjoyable. Jupiter looks great now. Wisp makes aimglide a lime of a time. 

It's just that nightwave.

Then don't do it or at least the ones you don't want to do.

There isn't any need to finish every act to get to rank 15, there is less leeway due to it being a shortened season but 100% still isn't mandatory. There aren't even any prestige ranks this time around.

And technically the only "exclusive" reward in Intermission is potentially the Gamma colors as this is the first time it has ever been re-released. The Ephemera was also confirmed to be added elsewhere later. And as for the cred shop you get the last creds at rank 11 anyways.

20 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

It feels like homework. I don't wanna do it. I know it's a reasonable system sitting the game, but doing all this stuff sucks because it's almost never something I wanna do. Like, it just hurts. It's better, but I wish it had less of whatever abstract bucket of suck is hidden in there that makes me hate doing it. I can't explain it. Uhggggg I wanna do it, but it's pain. I do like there idea of it though somehow.

That fact that it is encouraging me to do stuff I'd normally put off, is actually a pretty good thing. I've had items sitting in my foundry for weeks for want of gems and fish parts. 

It's not that I hate fishing or mining, just that there are so many other things that I kept prioritizing ahead of getting that done. I finally managed to get a couple of them started, but since I also completed the challenges, I guess I will wait to start grinding for the last one. 

11 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

That fact that it is encouraging me to do stuff I'd normally put off, is actually a pretty good thing. I've had items sitting in my foundry for weeks for want of gems and fish parts. 

It's not that I hate fishing or mining, just that there are so many other things that I kept prioritizing ahead of getting that done. I finally managed to get a couple of them started, but since I also completed the challenges, I guess I will wait to start grinding for the last one. 

Yeah I can understand that 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Reason that happened is because console players cried and exaggerated their need for the Plague Star event. DE decided to cave in and make it an all platform release from now on. So thank your fellow consolers for your stacked events.

21 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Then why are you playing the game?

This right here isn't helping. He's voicing his concern and opinion. Telling players to 'go somewhere else' if they don't like it, doesn't change the fact that something might be wrong, and for how many have been complaining of nightwave. I'd say it is a.. forced fit rather than a natural one (as someone who kind of likes nightwave). 

I don't think alerts are the answer, nor do I think that nightwave is. It's been said before, and I'll say it again. Have them both.

Normal alerts that give forma, potatoes, nitain extract with 12+ hour durations, with a few random missions (credits + endo of respectable amounts) sprinkled in, perhaps have the alerts have a couple of helmets that the nightwave 'store' doesn't have at the time.  

Nightwave Season 2 is where we will truly see if Digital Extremes has been listening to the feedback and criticisms or not. 

15 hours ago, (PS4)segulibanez65 said:

No, its not.  Its an objectively worse way to obtain the bare essentials.  It has an illusion of being better because of "choice",  but when the currency payout is so paltry that illusion quickly fades.  Its really good at forcing me into the plat shop to buy the potatoes I could easily get regularly in alerts though, so congrats?  It also succeeded in bringing about the largest mass burnout in the history of the game, so that's pretty impressive, lol.

If they would just up the creds to the point where one can actually obtain a comparable number of potatoes, nitain, helms, auras, forma, I'd have no problems with it.  At current the payouts are nowhere close to what one could obtain with alerts.  The old system had a bit of a problem with nitain, but ripping down an entire system because 1 mat was hard to get from it is ridiculous.  Should have just added nitain into T1/T2 survival/defense rotations and boom, problem solved. Or keep alerts running concurrently with NW and just have resources and NW creds as the rewards; bridging the gap between the 2 camps would appease many.

While I don't have the math as to how many forma/potatoes I got while playing, it did feel like the old alerts gave you more opportunities (plus it was fun playing vaubaun prime for vauban alerts).  And even if nightwave did (which it doesn't) give as many as old alerts did, it's psychological; it's been ingrained in player's minds that they were getting a good deal, simple mission good reward. Now you need to do 'chores' to get mediocre rewards "eat your spinach"  in order to get that tasty morsel. Which is why getting wolf creds at the end of nightwave was a double let down for many, even though you could get wolf credits faster and technically get potatoes sooner than with old alerts (however only after fully completing the nightwave story). 

*Additional Note

One thing I do like about NIghtwave is how some missions provoke players to try things they haven't done before. I hadn't gone for all three eidolons until after the first week of nightwave, where it wanted you to kill the Hydrolyst.  Or for some it was doing a 30+ wave defense or 60 min survival.   While this does come with drawbacks (exclusivity if you aren't geared and the fear of missing out if you can't participate due to real life or lack of gear), it does show that DE are trying.. something different, hopefully they keep taking notes from the forums and actively try to make Nightwave Season 2 better. 

i have to say we dont get alerts that give out the potatoes very often. so i personally find that even tho u would have to use most the creds on potatoes if u wanted  them it is still more reliable than waiting for an alert. 

oh and thats if you are even online when the alert is available.

for example people often complained about missing nitain alerts. and the potatoe alerts that appear in the invasions were very uncommon. and often got completed within a few hours.

same can be said for vauban. it took me like 3 months before i was actually on for the piece to appear in alerts that i actually wanted. 

getting vauban prime was alot less of a headache.

Edited by Makunogo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Orblit said:

That feeling when you complete 10 finishers, 150 electricity kills, and doing a lvl 30+ ext. without detection in a single 8 minute run...

tenor.gif?itemid=4571547

All for 2-3 orokin cells. (Seriously, who at DE thought that is a worthwhile reward?)

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Reason that happened is because console players cried and exaggerated their need for the Plague Star event. DE decided to cave in and make it an all platform release from now on. So thank your fellow consolers for your stacked events.

Oh please. This is the exact type of white knighting that I spoke about earlier. DE could have easily told console players that Plague Star would start after Hostile Mergers ended so get ready for it. That would have allowed console players to remain informed and prioritize current content in preparation for the upcoming event. But I guess it was our fault for asking for it to return, right? Even though there were several better options that DE could have used in this situation.

Honestly, are white knights really this ignorant or do you purposely ignore facts because you won't admit DE messed up? The best part is that once the 24th comes around and Plague Star ends you know we're going to have another content drought, right? I mean maybe in July for TennoCon we might get new content but there will certainly be a gap that could easily have been filled by delaying the Plague Star ever so slightly. If DE gives us continuous content after Plague Star ends then I guess they did plan correctly, but if there is even a slight gap then it is 100% their fault for horrendous event scheduling on console.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tinklzs said:

All for 2-3 orokin cells. (Seriously, who at DE thought that is a worthwhile reward?)

I didnt even know about the intermission until last Friday...so it gave me 2 sentinel slots...for the next sentinel to exist...as I'm full..

4 minutes ago, Orblit said:

I didnt even know about the intermission until last Friday...so it gave me 2 sentinel slots...for the next sentinel to exist...as I'm full..

Yeah that's kind of nice (for when they might add a sentinel in the future), but the orokin cells... really? That's the only "why" reward in the intermission, the rest are acceptable.

Nightwave could still use a few tweaks, but DE have proven that they are listening to our feedback. the challenges aren't so bad anymore, it's just the rewards that need looking at: Creds should be more frequent and awarded for completing challenges, rather than just relying on having to reach certain ranks. I believe if the currency was easier to attain, more people would be willing to accept the Nightwave System. Ideally, completing like 3 or 4 objectives a day should guarantee enough to buy a Nitain pack or Cosmetic BP, and completing all objectives should give you enough to buy any item you please, regardless of rank.