Jump to content
(XB1)Architect Prime

Nightwave is better than the old alerts, but pain is real.

Recommended Posts

Nightwave could still use a few tweaks, but DE have proven that they are listening to our feedback. the challenges aren't so bad anymore, it's just the rewards that need looking at: Creds should be more frequent and awarded for completing challenges, rather than just relying on having to reach certain ranks. I believe if the currency was easier to attain, more people would be willing to accept the Nightwave System. Ideally, completing like 3 or 4 objectives a day should guarantee enough to buy a Nitain pack or Cosmetic BP, and completing all objectives should give you enough to buy any item you please, regardless of rank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Nightwave could still use a few tweaks, but DE have proven that they are listening to our feedback. the challenges aren't so bad anymore, it's just the rewards that need looking at: Creds should be more frequent and awarded for completing challenges, rather than just relying on having to reach certain ranks. I believe if the currency was easier to attain, more people would be willing to accept the Nightwave System. Ideally, completing like 3 or 4 objectives a day should guarantee enough to buy a Nitain pack or Cosmetic BP, and completing all objectives should give you enough to buy any item you please, regardless of rank.

The hard part is balance, because these things do have a plat cost (like most everything does) and if it's too easy to 'earn' players won't buy it, which is why Plague Star is basically a once a year thing at this point, otherwise no one would buy forma.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why do they continue to INSIST we gild a modular item for a challenge? It makes no sense  ( if you're done with this content ) to require players to gild something they'll never use except for this challenge and is a complete waste of time/parts.

  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

why do they continue to INSIST we gild a modular item for a challenge? It makes no sense  ( if you're done with this content ) to require players to gild something they'll never use except for this challenge and is a complete waste of time/parts.

Skip it

  • Woah 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, swiftasacoursing said:

Build some Moas and give them stupid names

But I have...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Let's take this week on consoles. We got Jovian Concord with the limited Hostile Mergers event (and Ropalolyst, Wisp and 3 new weapons, 2 of which require clan research). We got the truncated Intermission Nightwave with fewer days to complete the weekly activites. And then DE gives consoles Plague Star as well. Why?!? Why do we wait months for new content and yhen DE dumps all of this on us for no reason other than they don't plan events for consoles?

So yeah, DE's horrendous planning is what leads to burnout. I don't see this as the players' fault for feeling overwhelmed as they have zero control over the release schedule. Why couldn't Plague Star release after Hostile Mergers ended for consoles? At some point the fault is only DE's regardless of how you try to blame the player for not managing their time better. Feel free to support any rebuttal with facts, just as I have.

That's why you avoid console, the cert really shakes the schedule

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You would think that they would reward nora/wolf creds for completing challenges so that we can get the things we want quicker. Makes wish alerts were here. At least then you could get what you need if your at the right time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tinklzs said:

All for 2-3 orokin cells. (Seriously, who at DE thought that is a worthwhile reward?)

because the enemies decided to stash them all in their crates and lockera, knowing the tenno won't bother to check them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

UGH!!!! Okay white knights we get it.  DON"T BASH YOUR PRECIOUS GAME.  Jezus Christ you guys are insufferable.  I wasn't going to get involved but you know what 'bucket'!  

 

First of all Nightwave is in no shape or form better than alerts.  Again Alerts were you snooze you lose, but if you were there and you ran the mission you got your pay. With this system you are jumping through more hoops to get to your prize.  Alert: Capture; Reward:Helmet, Nitain, resources, or aura; Nightwave; Find a mission where you can hopefully clear at least 2 tasks for a rank up.  Only thing saving this version is that the very first rank gives you creds.  That was a welcome, but we all know that its because they left people in a nitain and aura drought.

Secondly having started a new game on my brand new switch I'm feeling that hurt of having to farm'farm' for resources instead of finding an alert to take some of the pressure off.  Alert for 300 oxium(RIP) alerts for Kubrow eggs/kavat codes(RIP)  Easy Argon Crystals without access to the void(RIP) regular credit alerts for those that really need it(RIIIIIIIIIP)  alerts for aura's to give you those much need points at low MR(extreme RIP) These are real issues that need to be addressed and your lack of compassion to even think of the impact they have on others is disheartening to put it politely. 

OH and OP I feel you on the homework portion.  When I finally hit 30 on the last iteration of nightwave I said never again and turned this game off for a solid 2 weeks.  When I came back it was refreshing to not see a list of chores and I finally was able to use MY TIME to go and farm up mesa and equinox primes then managed to enjoy getting wisp before that nightwave crap jumped back up.  I leveled her to 30 and I'm turning this game off till it goes away again. because you can't just ignore nightwave.  You'll be completeing BS and I want my voice to be heard by my inaction of doing these tricks for treats I got previously for doing less work.

Analogy: The effort per task is constant. You get paid 100 bucks for every task you complete.  They change the policy and say you only get the 100 bucks for every 3 or 4 tasks you complete.  Would you still keep the job?

Edited by (PS4)Tenchi145
Spelling and tenses
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, 844448 said:

because the enemies decided to stash them all in their crates and lockera, knowing the tenno won't bother to check them

Everyone knows that one 20 minute run in a certain stage can net you almost all the Orokin Cells you will ever need.  Most of us don't need them anymore.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 844448 said:

That's why you avoid console, the cert really shakes the schedule

DE controls when events go live. Don't pretend that cert messed up Plague Star's schedule.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

DE controls when events go live. Don't pretend that cert messed up Plague Star's schedule.

The jovian concord gets the shake, but isn't that what people want? Having lots of to do that isn't done in a day? Now you have hostile merger with plague star once you're finished with getting glaxion vandal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 844448 said:

The jovian concord gets the shake, but isn't that what people want? Having lots of to do that isn't done in a day? Now you have hostile merger with plague star once you're finished with getting glaxion vandal

Feel free to show me these people that want simultaneous events. The issue isn't having lots to do; the issue is having limited events at the same time.

If this had happened on PC the forums would be on fire, but since it is just consoles that are affected it's a tough luck, deal with it response. The point being that there is no benefit to having Plague Star at the same time on PC and consoles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Feel free to show me these people that want simultaneous events. The issue isn't having lots to do; the issue is having limited events at the same time.

If this had happened on PC the forums would be on fire, but since it is just consoles that are affected it's a tough luck, deal with it response. The point being that there is no benefit to having Plague Star at the same time on PC and consoles.

The hostile merger event is playing 3 disruption missions before the endurance, that gives you spectra and glaxion vandal at 1000 and 4000 points. I doubt that isn't something people on console won't be able to do in a day before not touching it at all and ask for more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, 844448 said:

The hostile merger event is playing 3 disruption missions before the endurance, that gives you spectra and glaxion vandal at 1000 and 4000 points. I doubt that isn't something people on console won't be able to do in a day before not touching it at all and ask for more

My only question is: What's my reason for doing disruption missions? I'll have to check out the rewards at some soon point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

the challenges aren't so bad anymore

LoL.... its just makes me so sad hearing this phrased that way...

Edit: I mean it its like freezing your toes off and you're like..."Atleast I don't have to clip my toenails any more"....

Im all for looking on the brightee side of things but.... I honestly just feel sad hearing this.

 

Edited by Lutesque
  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

My only question is: What's my reason for doing disruption missions? I'll have to check out the rewards at some soon point. 

See why you should be grateful having hostile merger and plague star at the same time?

If you want reason, you can skip the A rotation table straight to B and C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Oh please. This is the exact type of white knighting that I spoke about earlier. DE could have easily told console players that Plague Star would start after Hostile Mergers ended so get ready for it. That would have allowed console players to remain informed and prioritize current content in preparation for the upcoming event. But I guess it was our fault for asking for it to return, right? Even though there were several better options that DE could have used in this situation.

Honestly, are white knights really this ignorant or do you purposely ignore facts because you won't admit DE messed up? The best part is that once the 24th comes around and Plague Star ends you know we're going to have another content drought, right? I mean maybe in July for TennoCon we might get new content but there will certainly be a gap that could easily have been filled by delaying the Plague Star ever so slightly. If DE gives us continuous content after Plague Star ends then I guess they did plan correctly, but if there is even a slight gap then it is 100% their fault for horrendous event scheduling on console.

Have you not read the forums lately?

One guy even claimed that Plague Star had been delayed several times (and months) for console when you have in reality had zero delays (besides this latest one). And it isnt white knighting for pointing out the faults i.e consolers complaining and DE caving in. That is criticism towards both parties in this. The fault simply doesnt end up on DE to 100%, it is a 50-50 problem.

And so somehow you also say it is OK for the "content draught" to hit PC but not console. Atleast that is how it sounds by your implication that PS should have been delayed for console. Nevermind that PC have already waited over 3 and a half month extra for this return.

It is good both platforms will have the same "content draught".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Have you not read the forums lately?

One guy even claimed that Plague Star had been delayed several times (and months) for console when you have in reality had zero delays (besides this latest one). And it isnt white knighting for pointing out the faults i.e consolers complaining and DE caving in. That is criticism towards both parties in this. The fault simply doesnt end up on DE to 100%, it is a 50-50 problem.

And so somehow you also say it is OK for the "content draught" to hit PC but not console. Atleast that is how it sounds by your implication that PS should have been delayed for console. Nevermind that PC have already waited over 3 and a half month extra for this return.

It is good both platforms will have the same "content draught".

Except it is never the same. PC gets updates first and consoles roll out weeks later. So all that having simultaneous events does is make the content drought that much worse for consoles as the same content PC got over 4-6 weeks gets released in 2-3 weeks instead. Then PC gets their content first again and consoles are left with nothing new for months. But you keep telling yourself that it is the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 844448 said:

The hostile merger event is playing 3 disruption missions before the endurance, that gives you spectra and glaxion vandal at 1000 and 4000 points. I doubt that isn't something people on console won't be able to do in a day before not touching it at all and ask for more

I get it, you have time to do all that content right away but the thing is that not everyone else does. There is also a new resource that players need to farm and a boss to farm. But I guess on PC you got to do all that without having any other content so you think having Plague Star is great since it gives you something else to do. Except for console players we are forced to split our time between the two so in 2 weeks instead of being able to focus exclusively on Plague Star like PC players can right now, console players will have no active events. It's just bad planning and it's getting frustrating because DE continues to screw over console players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

I get it, you have time to do all that content right away but the thing is that not everyone else does. There is also a new resource that players need to farm and a boss to farm. But I guess on PC you got to do all that without having any other content so you think having Plague Star is great since it gives you something else to do. Except for console players we are forced to split our time between the two so in 2 weeks instead of being able to focus exclusively on Plague Star like PC players can right now, console players will have no active events. It's just bad planning and it's getting frustrating because DE continues to screw over console players.

I completely understand where you're coming from, but I think you need to look at it from DE's point of view. Moreso Microsoft and Sony. 

DE has to pay $$$ in order to update console versions, and not a small amount either, easily in the $10,000 + range per update.  So while it sucks to be on the receiving end of that, only thing I can say (as a fellow player) is dude that sucks and if you don't like it very much, consider building a PC (it's quite easy once you get past the initial daunting task).   However, nothing really will change - that I can see anyway - in the foreseeable future.

Edited by Tinklzs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Except it is never the same. PC gets updates first and consoles roll out weeks later. So all that having simultaneous events does is make the content drought that much worse for consoles as the same content PC got over 4-6 weeks gets released in 2-3 weeks instead. Then PC gets their content first again and consoles are left with nothing new for months. But you keep telling yourself that it is the same.

Which is the way it should be when you are on a port platform. Game is initially designed for PC so PC gets releases first. Be happy that events will now be across all platforms at the same time since it leaves more time for DE to do other stuff that possibly tweak things twice in a row for an event.

edit: The platform wide event merger was bound to happen at some point and that point was now, with Plague Star. PC is still months behind on it compared to consoles.

Edited by SneakyErvin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

I get it, you have time to do all that content right away but the thing is that not everyone else does. There is also a new resource that players need to farm and a boss to farm. But I guess on PC you got to do all that without having any other content so you think having Plague Star is great since it gives you something else to do. Except for console players we are forced to split our time between the two so in 2 weeks instead of being able to focus exclusively on Plague Star like PC players can right now, console players will have no active events. It's just bad planning and it's getting frustrating because DE continues to screw over console players.

hostile merger doesn't even take that long, I doubt console players can't reach 4000 in one go and you will spend your 2 weeks doing disruption only

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of them are just pure busy work. The current one wants me to fish and run "Different" bounties in PoE.

I hate bounties, especially in PoE. They are unrewarding chores that have a habit of straight up breaking themselves. Gave up on playing today after the Drone got trapped on geometry yet again.

The fishing is slightly less busted but still a chore.

 

Only complaint I have about the Hostile Merger's content doesn't have much to do with the event at all. Hexanon takes longer to farm than Oxium.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...