Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revised Rng

wkfire

In the past streams I heard Steve (not sure who, maybe a player's thread on the forums) mentioning about Cronus farming. That was before U9 i think, where credits were hard to get and many players farmed Vor because he dropped Cronus BP (worth 5k and it was a lot at that time) at a 100% rate. 

He suggested that initially it would be 100%, but the more you farm him, the lower the % gets. It will replenish as time passes. Why not make it work for Void? 

For example, in T4 survival (figures are made up, scenarios are made up, T4 is made up)

Ratio of H:C:S:B =  5:2:1:2

Mag Prime Helm 50%

Mag Prime Chassis 20%

Mag Prime Systems 10%

Mag Prime Blueprint 20%

So on my first run, I get Mag Prime Helm. The drop rate of mag prime helm should decrease by maybe 25%? Then it should look like this on my next run. 

Helm 37.5% (25% of 50)

Chassis 25% 

Systems 12.5% 

BP 25% 

On my second run, I got the BP, and with the diminishing 25% rate, it will look like this.

H 41.40625% 

C 26.5625% 

S 13.28125% 

B 18.75% (25% of 25)

You might have noticed that after the second run, helm drop rate increases from 37.5 to 41.4. However the % increase for mag prime systems is higher than the helm because I got the helm on my first run and did not get any systems at all. 

This should apply to the host, the player who has the key. And lets say he gets his Mag Prime after sometime and does not visit the T4 after 1 week, the drop rates will slowly go back to its original 5:2:1:2 ratio. DE revise the ratio of these drop rates as well as the diminishing %. This new RNG will reduce grinding and hopefully removes all 'I had to do 75 Raptors to get my Nova systems' problem. 

How's that? Because right now, I'm flooded with Latron Prime Stocks and Mag Prime Helm! :(

Edited by wkfire

these changes have another thing in mind. i saw a guy there of forum who said "ty DE now i can use my old void keys again". Poor guy do not undestand why they did this, because expansion of reward table for void also reduced chances for forma bp drop.

even if, in my opinion, current "rng" system is broken, because after 120+ void runs and no forma or parts i need. your system basically skipping all other parts that we can aquire in the void.

so even if it looks nice, you should provide entire list of void rewards.

Edited by Althix

these changes have another thing in mind. i saw a guy there of forum who said "ty DE now i can use my old void keys again". Poor guy do not undestand why they did this, because expansion of reward table for void also reduced chances for forma bp drop.

even if, in my opinion, current "rng" system is broken, because after 120+ void runs and no forma or parts i need. your system basically skipping all other parts that we can aquire in the void.

so even if it looks nice, you should provide entire list of void rewards before i will even consider to take your post seriously.

These are just an example. There's too much math and calculation if I included Latron Prime and Frost Prime parts in my OP. 

My main point is about the drop ratios and drop rate changes after each run. 

I could include Latron Prime and Frost Prime, then it will look like this,

MP=MagPrime

FP=FrostPrime

LP=LatronPrime

MPH:MPC:MPS:MPBP:FPH:FPC:FPS:FPBP:LPS:LPB:LPR:LPBP

5:4:1:2:3:2:1:3:4:2:1:3

That will be confusing for you and I. 

Of course I would want the drops in the void to remain the same, but I hope for a change in RNG. Note, drop rate, not drops.