Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your favorite Warframe for each category

-Vahagn-

Everyone has a preferred Warframe for any situation. That said what is your favorite Warframe for each of the following categories?

You can use the same Warframe for each category and you do not have to answer every category if you do not want too.

The categories:

1. Main: Your primary Warframe that you play and actively main.
  2. Damage: The Warframe you use for shredding bosses or killing large groups of enemies.
  3. Tank: Your favorite tank Warframe or any Warframe you use for being unkillable.
  4. Support: Your favorite support Warframe or any Warframe you use for supporting your team.
  5. Defense: Your favorite Warframe for defending objectives or holding areas.
  6. Spy: Your go to Warframe for stealth and completing spy missions.
  7. Farming: If you need loot, you pick this Warframe.
  8. Fun: The Warframe you play when you just wanna lay back, not worry about anything, and have fun.
  9. Category of your choosing: Anything you want

My choices:

• Main: Nidus: Damage, cc, and an amazing deluxe skin. Nothing will replace my infectious boi.
  • Damage: Mag: Can rip apart anything and I love her deluxe skin.
  • Tank: Valkyr: An unstoppable kitty of murder that cannot die.
  • Support: Trinity: Very good at making your team unkillable.
  • Defense: Vauban: I find him more fun to use compared to Gara or Frost.
  • Spy: Ivara: Infiltrate augment turns spy missions into a joke. 
  • Farming: Nekros: The only thing he's good at.
  • Fun: Octavia: Completing missions with the power of Baby Shark.
  • I want Primed: Nidus: please 
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, WH1735S0W said:
  • 1. Main: Your primary Warframe that you play and actively main.
  • 2. Damage: The Warframe you use for shredding bosses or killing large groups of enemies.
  • 3. Tank: Your favorite tank Warframe or any Warframe you use for being unkillable.
  • 4. Support: Your favorite support Warframe or any Warframe you use for supporting your team.
  • 5. Defense: Your favorite Warframe for defending objectives or holding areas.
  • 6. Spy: Your go to Warframe for stealth and completing spy missions.
  • 7. Farming: If you need loot, you pick this Warframe.
  • 8. Fun: The Warframe you play when you just wanna lay back, not worry about anything, and have fun.
  • 9. Category of your choosing: Anything you want

1. Mesa Prime/Ash Prime

2. Mesa Prime/Ash Prime

3. Valkyrie Prime

4. Trinity Prime

5. Limbo Prime

6. Ash Prime

7. Hydroid Prime

8. Ash Prime

9. Mesa Prime/Ash Prime overall 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
  • Like 1

• Main: Mag, Harrow
  • Damage: Mag. Pop Magnetize on and proceed to delete.
  • Tank: Oberon or Hildryn.
  • Support: Nezha.
  • Defense: Banshee. Resonance, Silence and a whole lotta awareness.
  • Spy: Ivara
  • Farming: Nekros
  • Fun: Mirage, Ember, Gara
  • Category of your choosing -- Experimentalist: My go-to frame for trying out most new weapons, synergies or wacky combination builds. Most often, this falls to Volt, as there are many different and distinct ways to build the zappy boi.
Edited by SenorClipClop
  • Like 1

Main: Nova prime

Damage: Depends on for what, I'll use ESO for example and say Saryn Prime

Tank: Tank for what? Arbitration survival, Inaros. Tank for Index, Revenant

Support: N/A, I play solo, so support doesn't mean much to me

Defense: Mesa Prime

Spy: Ivara 

Farming: Depends, usually Nekros prime. Sometimes Khora

Fun: Volt prime

I could say Octavia followed by Equinox for everything except farming. 

Though I don't have a "main" as such. But if I had to choose my most preferred frame it would be Equinox.

I don't think much beats bone daddy in terms of pure farming potential. 

1. Main: Limbo
  2. Damage: Trinity
  3. Tank: Limbo
  4. Support: Limbo
  5. Defense: Limbo
  6. Spy: Limbo
  7. Farming: Nekros
  8. Fun: Limbo
  9. Most Synthol/Kirill Tereshin: Hildryn
Edited by Guest

• Main: Don't have one. Don't believe in "maining."
  • Damage: Ivara. Two words: Artemis Bow.
  • Tank: Ivara. You can't kill what you can't see.
  • Support: Ivara. You get a Cloak Arrow! You get a Cloak Arrow! Everyone gets a Cloak Arrow!
  • Defense: Gara. Didn't expect that one, did ya?
  • Spy: Ivara. Walk in, walk out.
  • Farming: Ivara. I'll just help myself to that Toroid you got there, thank you very much.
  • Fun: Ivara. Being permanently invisible and one-shotting everything still doesn't get old.
  • Category of your choosing: Can't think of one. Probably Ivara, though.
  • Like 1

1. Main: equinox. ever since U17 when i killed the smooth talkin Tyl Regor upwards of 40 times she has been my favourite. so much grind and never once have i regretted it. i think obtaining her was the last time in this game tbh that i could honestly justify an insane grind. of course at the time i hated it and bad mouthed it, but after having put so much time into the game with her and her alone... to me it made her more special to me.
  2. Damage: usually i try to stay away from being the one in the squad responsible for the damage. so many people will be like, 'no you gotta use this weapon or that mod combo in conjunction with this specific frame' so i usually just run trinity and ev everything for the inevitable chroma/rhino pairing. it depends on what it is im trying to kill. if im soloing a survival for a couple hours, i'll be octavia, hands down. if its one big enemy im soloing, like profit taker, absolutely chroma.
  3. Tank: its a wierd one, but Zephyr. she isnt really thought of as a tank, but her ability that makes all projectile damage inconsequential, she might as well be. it fits with my playstyle, i use hikou + concealed explosives + fire rate, so mobility is key for me. no melee enemy gets close with ho much i move, and no bullets can touch me when thats active. i can just poewr though and take whatever they throw at me
  4. Support: EV Trin. oh i love trin so much. no one ever gets upset when you pop into a mission with an ev trin. 
  5. Defense: equinox. its a wierd one, but i use all the augments on a single build, and if you use her right, shes incredible as a CC frame. not to mention like 8X damage output with laser guided aimbot perfection with her duality augment makes the immediate backup in cas of emergency so nice. also, if the defense target is getting too damaged, put the final enemy of a wave to sleep and just let the defense target regain all its health. it works for me.
  6. Spy: i would say octavia, but i think its honestly just my tenno at this point. usually im running equinox, so the tenno is sort of just a 5th ability with its invis. or.... i guess 8th ability with all the abilities of equinox.
  7. Farming: nekros. creating a chokepoint and shooting down a hallway isnt really my thing and nekros' desecrate just works so well with how much i move around and how erratically i position myself in any given tile.
  8. Fun: nezha with all the anti friction mods equipped is a lot of fun in the void. 

what i miss most: old school void and some of the shennanigans you could do. my favourite wtf moment me and some clanmates did was a loki built for speed, a volt built for power strength, and a zephyr built for buffing friends speed and with sprint boost. volt and zephyr popped their speed boost on the loki, and he wouldd clip through the walls of the map. it was so much fun, and i wish everyone could have experienced the insanity.
  • Like 1

• Main: Revenant. He's basically good at almost anything.
  • Damage: Revenant. His Reave shreds bosses fast and his Danse Macabre kills very large numbers of enemies quickly.
  • Tank: Revenant. His Mesmer Skin nullifies almost all damage. Any damage that slips by while Mesmer Skin is cannot reduce his HP below 2 (e.g. Nox poison clouds, exploding barrels, standing on Plague Star boil, self-destructing Exploiter Orb).
  • Support: I mostly solo, but I use Volt in pug Eidolons and everyone appreciates the shields at the last phase.
  • Defense: Revenant. Danse Macabre and Enthrall are very effective for Defense... even for defense targets like excavators in high level Excavation or low HP mobile defense consoles in Aten, Void.
  • Spy: Limbo. He is effective in most Corpus vaults (haven't tried Gas City) and makes Lua, Spy very easy. He is effective in some Grineer vaults.
  • Farming: Nekros. Press 3 for loot.
  • Fun: Revenant.

Main: Garuda. Love her and mained her since her Release. Having Scaling Damage, Healing, Health/Energy Sustain, Multiplicative Damage Passive for her Abilities and Weapons, and helping the Squad with her Blood Alter and Seeking Talons. Plus, she thick in a bloody way.

Damage: Mirage Prime. Hits very hard and looks sexy.

Tank: Nidus. Defies Death and have Synergies with his other Abilities to survive like a God with his Mutation Stacks.

Support: Trinity Prime. Tanks like a champ even when Eidolon Hunting in a Team or Solo and Supports the Squad at the same time.

Defense: Nova Prime. Slow or Speed in a Squad or Solo? No problem

Spy: Ivara. Who cares about Lasers?

Farming: Nekros Prime. When i really want to farm Resources or LS, he’s the one i go for.

Fun: Wisp. Even though she’s my second top fav, she is very fun.

Edited by GPrime96

1 hour ago, WH1735S0W said:
  1. Main
  2. Damage
  3. Tank
  4. Support
  5. Defense
  6. Spy
  7. Farming
  8. Fun
  9. Category of your choosing
  1. Khora, my Queen :-3
  2. Saryn, because ESO can burn in acid.
  3. None, because I hate tanking and whenever I'm forced to tank I want to gouge my eyes out with a toothpick.
    1. ...but if I had to choose one, it would be Oberon.
  4. Trinity or Harrow.
  5. Frost, and on occasion Limbo if Frost doesn't cut it.
  6. Literally anything, I've done spy so much that I could do it in my sleep.
  7. Nekros or Hydroid.
  8. Hildryn. Not exactly my favorite looking frame, but I like to screw around with her on occasion.
  9. The frame that's most sentimental to me is Mag. She was my first frame, and stuck around as my main until I got Khora.

Edited by mac10smg--Toa_of_Green

1 hour ago, WH1735S0W said:
  2. Damage: The Warframe you use for shredding bosses or killing large groups of enemies.
  3. Tank: Your favorite tank Warframe or any Warframe you use for being unkillable.
  4. Support: Your favorite support Warframe or any Warframe you use for supporting your team.
  8. Fun: The Warframe you play when you just wanna lay back, not worry about anything, and have fun.

1. Chroma

2. Chroma 

3. Chroma

4. Night Equinox

5. Revenant if it’s defending a non squishy defense objective or Frost if it’s a squishy objective (looking at you, excavator)

6. Loki

7. Nekros (obviously)

8. Revenant, when I am burned out from playing too much Chroma

9. Revenant, when I decided to pour in Forma into him after months sitting in my inventory (I clicked my revenant loadout by accident actually and decided to do it). I found it was fun utilizing his kit. drawing enemy aggro with his 1, become basically almost immortal with his 2, dying ? Press 3 and regain full health and shields, and be a spinning beyblade of death with his 4.

Hello. New folks probably can't or really shouldn't choose or opine on this topic yet, but here is my newbie opinion. I started with Volt, built Rhino because I needed a tank for beating the Vlalkyr Specter, and then discovered Oberon, who has become my main Warframe. I have to admit that after a few hundred plus hours of playing, I have not used Volt again. I have, though, used Rhino when the situation dictated it. Warframe is a harsh task master about choosing right tool/Warframe for the mission. I am not sure if I lucked out getting Oberon early, but he is a nice cross between Volt's speed, which I cannot and do not want to learn to manage, and Rhino's tank-iness. So, for now, Oberon is my all around frame. I think that if he was mentioned as being available sooner new players might try him out and hang in a bit longer. He is just a very user friendly Frame. Moving forward, in building my Warframe arsenal, I think that Harrow will be my next Warframe. Still, all stats aside, Oberon, for me, is just a nice fit for my still Inexperienced playing style, but mostly, for me, he is fun which keeps me playing. I can see myself maining him except for special circumstances. 

Ugh sorry, I didn't follow the outline. 

Edited by (PS4)jester_of_clubz
  • Like 3

Main : People actually main frames in this game ?!     ( probably Nova. She's the one I use the most altough I try to switch depending on the mission type )
Damage : Depends on the mission type, again . Chroma , Saryn , Khora , Mirage , Mesa , Equinox , Excal....don't really have a favourite , they are all nice       
Tank : Valkyr & Khora ; I like the others too but these two gals are my favourite tanks
Support : Nova without hesitation. Love Wisp , Harrow , Trinity , Octavia , Banshee and Mag too
Defense : Frost & Nidus . All support frames are fine too. I like using Gara and Limbo as well but I wouldn't say they are my favourites.
Spy : Loki master race 
Farming : Nekros 
Fun : probably a support or cc frame , I'd still say Nova
I want Primed : Khora 

• Like 1

1 none to be honest, I play mostly Valkyr just to be safe in most situations but valkitty only taught me how to play the game and basic understanding. Nowadays I just pick whatever I feel like I want to play to specific mission

2 Saryn/Excalibur umbra/Frost

3 Valkyr, I very rarely decide to take any usual tank frame like inaros cause they're just boring for me to play 

4 Harrow/Operator/Oberon

5 Frost/Limbo

6 Loki - just loki

7 either Hydroid or Nekros 

8 Valkyr/Excalibur umbra/Nidus/Volt/Mesa/Khora/Loki/Revenant/Wisp

9 try hard : Volt/Saryn/Valkyr/Excalibur umbra

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WH1735S0W said:

Everyone has a preferred Warframe for any situation. That said what is your favorite Warframe for each of the following categories?

You can use the same Warframe for each category and you do not have to answer every category if you do not want too.

The categories:

1. Main- Wisp

2. Damage- Saryn

3. Tank- Valkyr

4. Support- Wisp

5. Defense- Wisp

6. Spy- Ivara

7. Farming- Limbo

8. Fun- Volt/Mesa (so hard to choose)

9. Husbando- Chroma

Edited by (NSW)1kSakura

1. Main: None really.
  2. Damage: Mag, Titania, Saryn or Enox.
  3. Tank: Revenant or Oberon in general, Inaros or Hildryn for Arbi survivals since they make companions immortal.
  4. Support: Oberon or Wisp, depending on mission.
  5. Defense: I'll include Excav here too. Frost overall, Saryn or Enox for all sorties or infested arbi defense, Nezha or Hildryn for corpus/grineer arbi defense.
  6. Spy: Ivara, hard to resist lazy mode.
  7. Farming: Frost, since most I farm nowdays is Kuva and incase it is another mission he'll seperate bodies for whoever plays nekros.
  8. Fun: Not sure, I have fun with most.
  9. Frame I can utilize pretty much everywhere: Revenant. Mr. Spirit Beard is really a jack of all trades and he does them all pretty damn well. Only places I dont see myself bringing him to are spy missions and excav. Frost comes close second. He is durable enough for higher content and his avalanche is such a useful skill everywhere pretty much.
  • Like 1

Main: Loki Prime

Damage: Mirage Prime

Tank: Inaros

Support: None

Defense: Limbo

Spy: Loki Prime

Farming: Nekros Prime (?)

Fun: Mirage Prime

Where's the Deluxe Skin, DE? : Mirage (Prime)

Edited by Gabbynaru