Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Game Mode Pitch

Son_of_Anubis

As the title says I'm here to pitch a new game mode to the community and DE hoping they read this. Now I wont lie this will be long I apologize in advance. 

Also do not know what section to put this in so I thought here would be the perfect place. If I'm wrong please move to the correct place - Thank you.

First off when a new upgraded weapon is introduced  we know its from Grineer or Corpus Tech but person giving you the weapon is neither of the two so It hit me instead running one mission 100 times to get Eudico to email you the weapon for example Opticor Vandal OR Doing a mission several times to get enough affinity just to have some random NPC email you the new vandal/wraith - why not have a mission in place that offers a new twist to Warframe. This such mission I nicknamed "Payday" yes it takes inspiration from there and the name is not final just wanted to put a name to it. 

Now in "Payday" point of the mission is to access highly secretive scientific labs of either Grineer or Corpus and steal the Technology from them while they are building it and testing it out before mass production. I have made a detail layout(unfortunately no maps not good with modeling) that I will try to put to paper so to speak.

Back Story

Firstly how would the Tenno hear about this tech since we no longer have an information network feeding us intel anymore A.K.A. Space Mom.

Quills

Depending on what weapon has been released whether be a Vandal/Wraith a Quill will contact you not directly but will send a message to Ordis who will then un-encrypt the message get the coordinates and take you there. Now if this is a Wraith you will be heading to the Plains of Eidolon to a specific base that you cannot normally reach to through the normal route without coordinates and will meet up with your Quill informat Onko who will inform you that your presence was anticipated but your bit behind on arrival. He will then inform you that the base your at has a tech that is currently being built by orders of  Vay Hek not only is it being built Quills have reason to be believe technology has already been built and is in final testing phases and also believe this is the final day to acquire that tech before it is shipped to the Kuva Fortress to be then mass produced. Now your job if you choose to accept it is to infiltrate the base and steal the tech but of course Quills did not invite you here just for you to prosper alone. They need you to access to terminals inside to take some information back and upload it to them two to be specific. You will ask what the reward is for helping Onko will reply new tech provided by the Grineer themselves with information provided by the Quills. Can't argue there

Onko will say short on short the rules of engagement for this one where infiltrate which means to get in undetected because if you are detected the base will go on lock down mode and depending on how close you are to the weapon storage vault base may even be self destructed to stop you as well. But Onko will say that if your not the type for deft hands you could strong arm it but highly advises against it. 

From here your free to take which path necessary to complete the objective.

Difficulty / Floors / Smaller Rewards

Depending on which Base you get the maximum number of floors will change but the same premise will remain the same with the vault being on the final floor and with security turned all the way up more annoying degree more than normal. Now in my head I would say floor plan would revolve around either 1-3/1-5 floors with a calculation being that if maximum number of floors is equal to  3 difficultly will spike up a great degree and if Maximum number of floors equals to or less than 5 but greater than 3 difficultly will be within normal range. When I say difficult I mean:

-Ranked Enemies

-Non destroy-able cameras in other words static cameras

-More death traps

-More consoles for enemy units to alert Vay hek even flying units that alert upon sight

-More complex security systems for example Trip beams, motion sensor floor panels, automatic door lock mechanisms, Electrified walls and so much more 

Etc

Now upon entering a scientific facility that makes weapons you would expect little goodies all around  right? Three words for you Forma , Catalyst and Weapons. No I'm not taking blueprint version of these items, no I'm talking items that has been built already and ready to be used. Only problem is are you willing to risk detection to get them? 

Layout

First floor - Loading Bay | Storage 

A loading bay where Grineer accept shipments from Vay Hek of metals and circuits and other materials also stored of this floor, normally this floor is quite busy and a lot of Grineer are here and one or two cameras.

Second floor - Component Assembly line | Factory | Processing Plant | [Power Plant(Only if maximum number of floors equal to 3)]

Since the first floor stores the Material more than likely First and Second would link up so they start processing/building Materials thus making it easy for materials to move to the second floor without much scrutiny. Armed personal will be present if maximum floors equal to 3

Third Floor - Ballistic Research | Processed Materials Storage | Ammunition Research | [Vault(Only if maximum number of floors equal 3)] 

This floor has the most traffic where even stealth would be difficult since a lot of hands will be on this floor. But Grineer love their cat walks so who knows. Also on this floor Tier 3 items would also be available for example Forma, Catalysts and Weapons. Now its always one of the three that spawns never all three with weapons having a higher chance of spawning then the other two. This floor has a platter of cameras but no armed personal. 

Fourth Floor - Power Generation | Wiring

This floor would house the Massive Generator that runs the base with also most wiring also accessible to players as well. Why would I mention this you wonder? Well security cameras complex security systems and more than likely all of these systems can be powered down/rewired to run power else where if you managed to make it there and find the correct panel for the cameras and security system. Also keep in mind that Engineers will also prowl that level but much less traffic will be on that level. Also the Massive generator has a potential be overloaded but only with electricity or electric based weaponry.

Fifth Floor - Vault

This floor is much smaller than the others but houses the vault that houses the objective which is the shiny new weapon. One problem doors are sealed and only way to open that is with clearance from head scientist at the facility and no Grineer will help you out of the kinds of his or her heart. There may be a rare chance that you make it the floor and vault is open and the head scientist is in the vault which means all security would be off in the vault all you would need to do is get rid of the head scientist and claim your prize but that is a a VERY RARE RARE chance.

To breach this vault normally would require:

-either and overload of the power generators would would initiate a blackout and automatically reset the vault locking mechanism

-or infiltrating the vault through the obvious air vent around that are booby trap to hell and making your way in. But only to realize your dropped at the back of the vault and your prize is at the front so you will have to make your way through more grueling traps back to your prize.

-destroying vault door but would require heavy duty weapons - probably weapons that require space flight to use because of how heavy they are and would also alert the base

-hacking the console at the door and solving the 12 puzzles consecutively in a 30 second time limit

-If you were able to kill the head scientist before reaching this floor and already have the key required then you can just open it normally

Extras

Security room which was not mention for good reason can spawn anywhere between floor 2-4 and if maximum floor equals 3 2-3. What this means is that if you find this room and kill the Grineer manning the cameras. You will no longer need to worry about detection by cameras anymore. but do keep in mind Vault cameras are on a different system linked directly to Vay Hek. Also remember other main Objectives which is to satisfy the quills information lust before extracting or the mission is a failure overall.

Also keep mind your on a time limit so you cant get kill everybody and loot the place and extract whenever you feel like. As Onko said this is the final day for testing and who knows maybe Vay Hek gets more anxious and decides to call for it early so that team comes and see your carnage/anything out of place they will alert Vay Hek

Same thing for Corpus for vandals but with location being Fortuna and Quill agent being little duck and with Nef Anyo running the show.

So overall what do you guys think of my pitch?

• Like 1