Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gas City Spy alarms going off without opening vault

Sephoriss

This happened a couple of times trying today's sortie. I got vaguely near vault A in the new Gas City Spy mission, but I was still 100m or so away, before I even got to the initial panel that opens up the room, the alarms for A triggered. I was solo, so no one else was messing with it either.

(I'm a little extra bitter about it, because I finally got Repair Kit to drop during one of them.)

Were you playing Mag?  Did you use Polarize near the vault?  Polarize can remove the shields from the cameras in the vault without destroying them which causes the alarms to go off before it's even opened.  There may be other powers that can do the same kind of thing.

11 minutes ago, Katinka said:

Were you playing Mag?  Did you use Polarize near the vault?  Polarize can remove the shields from the cameras in the vault without destroying them which causes the alarms to go off before it's even opened.  There may be other powers that can do the same kind of thing.

Nope, I was playing Limbo, hadn't used anything other than his dodge phase-out thing. I did notice that they both happened while I was in a section with an Amalgam lab in it. The first time I had shot the access controller before the alarm went off, but I left it alone the second time.

Edited by Sephoriss

Happened to me at least 1 time. On one of the vault, enemy goes to terminal near the vault and starts the alarms, all while door to vault is not yet opened. Vault countdown warning to destruction while the vault door was never opened. No weapons, no melee, no killing enemies, no opening vault doors. This is simply being detected by enemy, and enemy starting up alarms while enemy is near vault, but not in the vault.

Jupiter enemies are also broken in general. I've had someone go full alert as I ran past them with invisible Loki. I didn't touch anyone, I didn't shoot or slash anyone, didn't cast any powers, sentinel didn't do anything. Just random full alert monster from nowhere.

One of the many reasons why I have absolutely zero interest in going there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
10 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Highly doubt there ever was a bug.

It's still a thing.  Happened to me spy archon hunt before last. enemies were alerted in my presence without actually spotting me. 

Forced me to kill everyone before going into the vault to ensure no early alarms. Not sure what is causing it but there's some interaction that pre-spots you while invisible.

But it's inconsistent which is why they probably can't patch it without knowing exactly what's causing it. 

• 5 months later...

Could be sound, could be physical presence, I know it's not companions because syndicate operatives and at least kavats haven't set off datavaults in any spy missions I've been in. My first thought is something is setting enemies to a fully alert state and they're using a terminal within the vault itself to set off the data purge timer, but that's me making my best guess.