Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make abilities work consistently

(XBOX)KayAitch

Some frames have abilities that are excellent at killing or controlling most enemies. To balance this out DE just disable those abilities against some enemies.

I get the reason, but it's horribly inconsistent. For instance, without looking at the wiki, can anyone remember all the abilities that don't work against demolysts? How about arbitration drones? Same list?

It's extremely confusing, and frustrating when it happens - I mean, you think you're going to need DPS, take along a Saryn or Mesa, one works and the other is useless (any guess which, it varies by boss)?

I think the solution is threefold:

1. The same rules should apply to everything that has ability resistance - none of the "this works on demolysts and nullifiers but not arbiter drones".

2. An ability should never be completely broken, just because it would otherwise be OP. The ability should always do something.

For instance: DPS abilities could do much less damage, or perhaps lose their scaling. CC abilities should all work (including things like Mind Control and Enthral) but have much shorter durations.

3. Abilities tied to exhalted weapons should always work as if those were actual weapons. This is easy for weapons like the Dex Pixia and Artemis Bow, but would require some Dev work for ones like the Peacemaker Regulators (maybe lose the auto aim but keep auto fire, only hitting resistant enemies in a normal sized reticle inside the AoE one).

7 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

How about arbitration drones

They are immune to all powers...
It's really simple...

8 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

For instance, without looking at the wiki, can anyone remember all the abilities that don't work against demolysts?

Only played the event, and still have no idea how the new mode works. So I can't talk about these fellas

3 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

They are immune to all powers...
It's really simple

You mean like nullifier bubbles? Some exalted weapons work on nullifiers but not arbitration drones (like Dex Pixia), but some powers (like Vitrify) block drones but not nullifiers.

They're also not immune to indirect powers, so Chroma, Harrow, etc can boost your weapons.

I get it - arbitrations would be trivial if Mesa could AoE drones, but also making weapons like Artemis Bow and Dex Pixia not work is just confusing. 

And drones aren't really the problem - they're a little inconsistent, but...

3 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

So I can't talk about these fellas

Demolysts, the list of what affects them and what doesn't is crazy.

I think what they're trying to do is something like drones, but immune to CC and not DPS.

My guess is during playtesting DE had some kind of cut off for abilities, any that were too effective they turned off.

Try out some frames on the new mission type and you'll see what I mean - it's a bit of a lottery what works.