Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague Star Exodia Arcane Cost

ChillyWilly

Straight to the topic, The Cost is bumped from 500 to 5000 on both Exodia Contagion and Exodia Epidemic, I don't think this is a wise idea because

1. Every other arcanes have their standing the same

2. you need 10 of them, meaning you need 50.000, thats around 17 Runs with 4/4.

3. The cost of one Exodia is more than Forma, and looking on how this Exodia works, people generally go for forma

Please, Make the Cost back to 500, or atleast, 1000. there are few people that can't do that many times because time or work

7 minutes ago, ChillyWilly said:

Straight to the topic, The Cost is bumped from 500 to 5000 on both Exodia Contagion and Exodia Epidemic, I don't think this is a wise idea because

1. Every other arcanes have their standing the same 

2. you need 10 of them, meaning you need 50.000, thats around 17 Runs with 4/4. 

3. The cost of one Exodia is more than Forma, and looking on how this Exodia works, people generally go for forma

Please, Make the Cost back to 500, or atleast, 1000. there are few people that can't do that many times because time or work

1 - But they are the same value as other exodia arcanes... not to mention they are now prebuilt so no farming for resources (which often took more time than doing plague star) like at 500. 

2 - you don't NEED 10 of them, 10 of them maxes it out....

3 - you only NEED 10 of each exodia max.  Forma, well I've lost track of how many of them I've used but it's a LOT more than 10...

If you are that concerned over the fact you can't run the mission 17 (times 2 if you want both) over roughly 2 weeks you can always trade for them.  A 'good' team can do it around 10 mins, would likely be quicker but we have time gated elements....

In essence there is no reason to make them any easier to get than they are now.

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

1 - But they are the same value as other exodia arcanes... not to mention they are now prebuilt so no farming for resources (which often took more time than doing plague star) like at 500. 

2 - you don't NEED 10 of them, 10 of them maxes it out....

3 - you only NEED 10 of each exodia max.  Forma, well I've lost track of how many of them I've used but it's a LOT more than 10...

If you are that concerned over the fact you can't run the mission 17 (times 2 if you want both) over roughly 2 weeks you can always trade for them.  A 'good' team can do it around 10 mins, would likely be quicker but we have time gated elements....

In essence there is no reason to make them any easier to get than they are now.

1. Again, the rest of the arcane doesn't get a standing change
2. Yes you do, I don't think people want a Rank 0 arcane

3. 50k Standing can get you 17 Forma.. Umm I would choose the forma over the arcane

I still stand on the point they should be cheaper, certainly not 10x the original cost.

500, 1000, 2000, 2500. I'm fine with that, but not 5000

19 minutes ago, ChillyWilly said:

1. Again, the rest of the arcane doesn't get a standing change
2. Yes you do, I don't think people want a Rank 0 arcane

3. 50k Standing can get you 17 Forma.. Umm I would choose the forma over the arcane

I still stand on the point they should be cheaper, certainly not 10x the original cost.

500, 1000, 2000, 2500. I'm fine with that, but not 5000

1 - EVERY POE arcane had it's price increased... seriously it's in the patch notes when it happened

2 - Rank 0 works the same, it's just weaker... as I said you do not NEED a max rank exodia arcane, you just WANT one.

3 - well that's just being stupid then, you have other ways of getting forma, you don't have that option for the arcanes.  Yes the forma is nice to have but when you can easily farm them from relics it's just daft to focus on forma over the arcanes that you clearly want.

I still stand on the view that they DO NOT need to be cheaper, the cost is representative of the time saving you get for not having to farm for them. 

Of course you're fine with the lower costs, not only do you save the time that you would have had to farm resources for them (which those of us from the first 2 plague stars had to do) but you also don't have to work so hard farming them at their current prices... 

Honestly, suck it up and farm it or just buy it with plat if you're that lazy.

Oh and most of us that farmed the resources and plague star from the first 2 events ALSO work, we managed to fit it in if it was THAT important, if it wasn't well we just skip/ignore it.

Edited by LSG501

12 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

1 - EVERY POE arcane had it's price increased... seriously it's in the patch notes when it happened

2 - Rank 0 works the same, it's just weaker... as I said you do not NEED a max rank exodia arcane, you just WANT one.

3 - well that's just being stupid then, you have other ways of getting forma, you don't have that option for the arcanes.  Yes the forma is nice to have but when you can easily farm them from relics it's just daft to focus on forma over the arcanes that you clearly want.

I still stand on the view that they DO NOT need to be cheaper, the cost is representative of the time saving you get for not having to farm for them. 

Of course you're fine with the lower costs, not only do you save the time that you would have had to farm resources for them (which those of us from the first 2 plague stars had to do) but you also don't have to work so hard farming them at their current prices... 

Honestly, suck it up and farm it or just buy it with plat if you're that lazy.

I'm not lazy, I just don't have time for getting all the arcane.

also, that first point is wrong, none of the arcane have the price increased, you are the one that needs to read the patch notes

Edit: Also those who have BP of Exodia Arcane get them builded for free, who would've thunk

Edited by ChillyWilly

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Tbh, I don't think either of them actually have much use.  You might get a bit of fun using them for a little while but there's no way either will replace exodia force on any of my zaws. 

Well, you are not wrong, I want it for collection purposes

14 minutes ago, ChillyWilly said:

I'm not lazy, I just don't have time for getting all the arcane.

also, that first point is wrong, none of the arcane have the price increased, you are the one that needs to read the patch notes

Edit: Also those who have BP of Exodia Arcane get them builded for free, who would've thunk

Then buy them with plat... seriously you're basically moaning because you don't want to farm them

Yes they did all get their prices increased, they went up in the same way that exodias did when they were changed to prebuilt.

And it wasn't just exodia arcanes that had that treatment.... EVERY arcane that was a bp had to be changed, you're also ignoring the fact that only the bp's got changed, we didn't get compensation or anything if we'd already built them.  

10 minutes ago, ChillyWilly said:

Then why are you so desperate to get the price reduced.... you can farm the missing ones the next time plague star comes back...

In the time you've spent moaning you could have farmed at least 1 arcane...

3 minutes ago, ChillyWilly said:

That's fair.

On the time issue involved, from my experience 10 mins per run is pushing it.  You'd need a very good team of experienced players to get close to that.  That's not in any way reflective of what most players are capable of.

I'm mr23, was running this last night with another mr23, an mr19 and an mr27.  Fastest run was 16 mins.  We know what we're doing and have the right gear.   Problem is now you might get 2-3 thumpers saying hello during the boss fight.  Sometimes the boss just glitches and doesn't open his heads, infested stop spawning, the drone gets stuck on a rock etc.   A good run for a pug group is about 20 mins. 

Just now, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

On the time issue involved, from my experience 10 mins per run is pushing it.  You'd need a very good team of experienced players to get close to that.  That's not in any way reflective of what most players are capable of. 

I'm mr23, was running this last night with another mr23, an mr19 and an mr27.  Fastest run was 16 mins.  We know what we're doing and have the right gear.   Problem is now you might get 2-3 thumpers saying hello during the boss fight.  Sometimes the boss just glitches and doesn't open his heads, infested stop spawning, the drone gets stuck on a rock etc.   A good run for a pug group is about 20 mins. 

Really... I did a run with a clan mate and 2 random pugs who were like rank 5 and 10 and did it in less time than you did with your high level squad... can only think your 'bugs' relate to being on xbox because I haven't seen those issues so far during this release.

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

Really... I did a run with a clan mate and 2 random pugs who were like rank 5 and 10 and did it in less time than you did with your high level squad... can only think your 'bugs' relate to being on xbox because I haven't seen those issues so far during this release.

Could be an Xbox thing, wouldn't be a surprise would it lol.

After all, the supposed polished version of the ropalolyst fight that shipped to Xbox after being bug tested on pc (gotta laugh) was causing a lot of players Xboxes to actually turn off. 

1 hour ago, ChillyWilly said:

Where's the proof/patch notes?

Edit: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Exodia_Hunt

If anything, they reduced the price. Please Fact Check

Strange I thought they were more expensive..... but hey you just made your own argument pointless...you're complaining about something already being cheaper than others....seriously you just need to suck it up and farm, they're not going to lower the price during this plague star anyway and once again in the time this has taken for you to constantly complain you could have farmed at least 4 of them...

I don't care either way, I already have what I want and enough standing to buy anything I want but I still don't see the need to lower the prices.

edit:  Actually we're both right - some went up, some went down.

Edited by LSG501

2 hours ago, ChillyWilly said:

Straight to the topic, The Cost is bumped from 500 to 5000 on both Exodia Contagion and Exodia Epidemic

I thought I'd gotten here fast enough, but people have already pointed it out:

The cost was increased because these are fully built arcanes. They aren't blueprints. They were only 500 before because you had to then build each one with Eidolon Gems, Breath of the Eidolon and other rare resources.

If I could recommend, just run the mission with 4 of the blue modifiers and only 2 of the red modifiers. The blue ones increase the base mission standing to 2000, then the two red ones mean you face down two of the Hemocytes for an extra 500. By the time you would do the other 2 Hemocytes you can turn in that run, grab a new Bounty and be half-way through the Mixing stage, meaning it's actually possible to run three missions of 2500 standing in the same amount of time that it would take you to run two missions of 3000 standing.

If you really want to min-max it, you could actually only use the blue ones, avoid the Hemocyte entirely, and get in far more runs of only 2000. The only thing slowing you down is the Mixing portion taking a two or three minutes every time.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

That's fair.

And here I am getting annoyed when my group hit 10 minutes during a 4x4.

Use a Loki or Nova to teleport the drone, it will fix the drone getting stuck and chop off several minutes of time.

Use a Nova and/or Harrow for the boss to speed or slow it or keep the heads opens for longer.

Don't destroy the infested pods when they spawn and try to avoid killing them during the boss phase.

Edited by Bioness

This is ridiculous. Warframe demanding so much time for these limited time rewards is gonna make me have to quit so I don't feel so compelled to keep doing it. 

Warframe is not the only game I'm trying to play but it keeps demanding that it be if I want the stuff. If I play at all I want to get the stuff. It's exacerbated by how many concurrent events they are running at a time. This is on the back of nightwave burnout for me as well. 

I would have gotten the blueprints and happily worked my way to crafting them slowly. 

Edited by (PS4)Endverse86

On 2019-06-17 at 2:25 PM, Bioness said:

And here I am getting annoyed when my group hit 10 minutes during a 4x4.

Use a Loki or Nova to teleport the drone, it will fix the drone getting stuck and chop off several minutes of time.

Use a Nova and/or Harrow for the boss to speed or slow it or keep the heads opens for longer.

Don't destroy the infested pods when they spawn and try to avoid killing them during the boss phase.

The issue seems to be console, I haven't been able to farm plaguestar on my PC account but I'm guessing it's much better than console. Right now on the nintendo switch, it can take you up to 30 mins to clear a bounty. Why? Well you got your typical drone issues alright and your solution for the drones would seem like it would work since you move the drone out of the path and hopefully he continues until he reaches WP. That's good in theory but Nova's wormhole is really weird about placement. You gotta aim it just right so you don't pop the hole in the middle of the drone or the worm hole will be placed horizontally (because that makes sense). And if you managed to place the worm hole correctly there's a chance the worm hole path will collide with terrain and it'll just teleport the drone 0.0005m. So Nova is kind of not practical unless you are really good at placing the wormholes or predicting bogus drone pathing. Loki seems like the a decent alternative to it except... it doesn't work for some reason. Instead of switching places with the drone, Loki gets teleported to the drone... this doesn't happen always but in that one place where the drone gets stuck it happens all the time). And I'm sure you are thinking by now, this is nonsense, none of these things work like this and yet... they do on the NSW. Whenever that happens is best to just go back into Cetus because by the time you can get the drone fixed you already wasted double the amount of time from the bounty.

Oh but that's ONLY the drone pathing issues. If you drop in the cave near Twins Horns before Konzu manages to put a WP for the first stage of the bounty there's a high chance, konzu will simply not start the bounty (it really be early lunch for konzu) or simply put the WP in another location (low chance). But that's not all, if you manage to go through all the bugs and glitches that can happen in between the stages... on the last stage the infested can stop spawning. This isn't your "you are destroying the pods too early for the infested to pop out" scenario... This is 0% progress and NO infested spawns. They do spawn eventually (5 mins later).. but then the progress is slow as snails.

The first bounty on the plains is usually not glitched but if you retake the bounty on the plains, well weird stuff can happen. Oh and also, there's a glitch on the NSW that increases loading times. Everytime you load into a new area there's a black screen that last something like 30 secs. That's on top of the ridiculous loading times we have on PoE right now (something like 3 to 4 mins). So yeah, everytime you start a bounty you can pretty much get a coffee in between, which I guess is nice.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Bromsson said:

The issue seems to be console, I haven't been able to farm plaguestar on my PC account but I'm guessing it's much better than console. Right now on the nintendo switch, it can take you up to 30 mins to clear a bounty. Why? Well you got your typical drone issues alright and your solution for the drones would seem like it would work since you move the drone out of the path and hopefully he continues until he reaches WP. That's good in theory but Nova's wormhole is really weird about placement. You gotta aim it just right so you don't pop the hole in the middle of the drone or the worm hole will be placed horizontally (because that makes sense). And if you managed to place the worm hole correctly there's a chance the worm hole path will collide with terrain and it'll just teleport the drone 0.0005m. So Nova is kind of not practical unless you are really good at placing the wormholes or predicting bogus drone pathing. Loki seems like the a decent alternative to it except... it doesn't work for some reason. Instead of switching places with the drone, Loki gets teleported to the drone... this doesn't happen always but in that one place where the drone gets stuck it happens all the time). And I'm sure you are thinking by now, this is nonsense, none of these things work like this and yet... they do on the NSW. Whenever that happens is best to just go back into Cetus because by the time you can get the drone fixed you already wasted double the amount of time from the bounty.

Oh but that's ONLY the drone pathing issues. If you drop in the cave near Twins Horns before Konzu manages to put a WP for the first stage of the bounty there's a high chance, konzu will simply not start the bounty (it really be early lunch for konzu) or simply put the WP in another location (low chance). But that's not all, if you manage to go through all the bugs and glitches that can happen in between the stages... on the last stage the infested can stop spawning. This isn't your "you are destroying the pods too early for the infested to pop out" scenario... This is 0% progress and NO infested spawns. They do spawn eventually (5 mins later).. but then the progress is slow as snails.

The first bounty on the plains is usually not glitched but if you retake the bounty on the plains, well weird stuff can happen. Oh and also, there's a glitch on the NSW that increases loading times. Everytime you load into a new area there's a black screen that last something like 30 secs. That's on top of the ridiculous loading times we have on PoE right now (something like 3 to 4 mins). So yeah, everytime you start a bounty you can pretty much get a coffee in between, which I guess is nice.

Oh, well that is crap. I hope they at least give you guys an extension or something. Or just disable it until they can fix those problem.