Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FIX Mesa !!!!

Nas0

I'll be honest I really hate seeing frosts in almost any mission. But for solid defense missions he is probs the worst. You know what's most likely to happen. They are going to put down globes and they are going to get in the way. I find the fact that they block friendly shots from the outside extremely uncooperative in design and in consistent. Gara's wall can be shot through on both sides. Limbos bubble will allow powers to work accrost the gap. And atlases wall acts as a more physical but smaller object so it can be worked around. 

What really annoys me is that frosts glove blocks some major powers. I noticed it most with whips where a frost was placing globes on my porters. And after he did I was unable to warp back to them. It would be nice if this would change so that I would not dread running into a snow globe frost, but at this point it's never going to happen and frost will remain the most ungroup friendly frame.

Just for clarity sake, Mesa has always been able to shoot into and through Frost's bubble with her 4. If they decided to change it, then they should've reflected that change (or fix, depending on how they view it) in a patch note. If no patch note exists, we can assume this is a bug and will be addressed in the future.

Anyone coming on here commenting on whether it should or shouldn't work that way is irrelevant. It has been a feature of the ability since its' inception and the opinions of people commenting their thoughts on its' balance don't matter, since that is not the topic. The discussion is purely on the fact that this bug was recently introduced, and should either be fixed, or acknowledged as a proposed bug fix in a patch note by DE.

• Like 1

It is a bug, she has always been able to shoot from the outside into and through the globe. Her exalted acts differently than others, so have different strengths and weaknesses. Just as Ivara and Titania can rip through nullifier bubbles while Mesa cant even target them.

Sure this may also not be a bug and simply something that has exsisted for years without a fix.

39 minutes ago, Umquaptovis said:

I'll be honest I really hate seeing frosts in almost any mission. But for solid defense missions he is probs the worst. You know what's most likely to happen. They are going to put down globes and they are going to get in the way. I find the fact that they block friendly shots from the outside extremely uncooperative in design and in consistent. Gara's wall can be shot through on both sides. Limbos bubble will allow powers to work accrost the gap. And atlases wall acts as a more physical but smaller object so it can be worked around. 

What really annoys me is that frosts glove blocks some major powers. I noticed it most with whips where a frost was placing globes on my porters. And after he did I was unable to warp back to them. It would be nice if this would change so that I would not dread running into a snow globe frost, but at this point it's never going to happen and frost will remain the most ungroup friendly frame.

All frames are unfriendly to groups in the wrong hands.

Mesa was never able to shoot into Frost bubbles. She cannot shoot through them from one side, to hit enemies on the other side. This isnt broken, and doesnt need fixing. Welcome to LoS, where something like a snowglobe acts as a solid object, and Snowglobes only allow players to shoot from inside, to the outside.

This thread appears more like bait with each of OPs responses.

2 hours ago, Nas0 said:

The second part ! Since when ? I didnt find anything about that being a bug and needed fixing. WTH! 

1. Call the hell down, maybe lower your medication or something.

2. Move if you can't fire through something.

1 hour ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

This poor soul is a member of the "muh kill steal" church?

Kill stealing is a petty thing to complain about.

I'm a "muh game being turned into a walking simulator by room nuke abuse frames" kinda guy. 😛

Edited by Pizzarugi

Most gunfire, both friendly and hostile, is blocked from entering the globe (gunfire can exit the globe normally). Abilities which are not area-of-effect in nature (e.g., Shuriken) are blocked as well. that is from the wiki my mesa shots fro inside globe but not out side it wasnt always the case

Snow Globe will not block direct-targeted attacks, such as Soul Punch, Shock, and Smite. It will block attacks with Punch Through, but not Railgun MOA projectiles

I do know there was bugs at some point that i could shoot outside in but they did fix them ...

there is nothing wrong with frost players in general the problem is players that just spam globes every where and dont know you can pop them with first ability...

Sad to see they "fixed" this. Being able to ignore bad Frost players who didn't know how to take down their globes when they're done was a great perk for Mesa. Wonder if it still shoots through Limbo's Cata. Though I'm betting if I go check most the AoE effects that shouldn't bypass Snow Globe from outside still do...

BTW does anyone else find the new Arctic Eximus Globe more visually obstructing? Wasn't it supposed to be less?

Just now, Xzorn said:

BTW does anyone else find the new Arctic Eximus Globe more visually obstructing? Wasn't it supposed to be less?

I kinda like the way they look.  It's very easy to tell what they are as first glance now.  But that might just be me.  😀 

14 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I kinda like the way they look.  It's very easy to tell what they are as first glance now.  But that might just be me.  😀 

Oh I've no problems spotting it but seeing what's inside seems worse off than before.

Funny all the new Mesa players who didn't know she ignored ability created objects since she was added, even Arctic Eximus.

Kinda what reminded me of the new animation.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Legion-Shields said:

I know it can’t happen anymore, but I swear for the longest time I was able to shoot into the bubble from outside as long as my weapon had punch through. But from this thread it sounds like that was never the case. 

My Lanka (Which has 5 Meter Punch Through by default) can shoot through thick walls and can't shoot through Reinforcement beacons and Breakable containers....

Im guessing this is what Frost's Snow Globe is according to the game's internal logic which would explain why you can't shoot through them....

13 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

All frames are unfriendly to groups in the wrong hands.

Hikou with Concealed Explosives for self Rad Procs... Press 4 for Friendly fire....

5 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Does this work?
According to the wiki, esplosions from Concealed Explosives won't proc statuses.

Have you never seen Chroma On an Eidolon Hunt ? 

Im prettt sure it works.... or at least it used to work.... even if it doesn't there are other options. 

I was able to proc Viral Damage on myself using the Lenz without dying....