Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tombfinger feels/acts broken

beaker_redux

I found this old topic:

But it was archived and closed.  I want to revisit the subject.  Was the tombfinger ever fixed?  I'm having a terrible time with it.  It often does 0 damage.  The hit markers are all over the place.  They show up down and to theleft when ADS.  They're much better visually when hip firing.  But sometimes I don't even see the hit (small explosion).  It just shows nothing.    The gun is just terribly inconsistent.    I'd like some feedback.  Just me?  Or have others noticed this gun acting bugged? 

I'd like to mix things up and use the tombfinger instead of the catchmoon, but the gun performs so god-awful it's impossible to use it.  

Thoughts?

If you dug through the comments, there was one pointing out that the explosion is a reverse-cone shape.  This might explain some, if not all, of the lacking damage, as I don't know if the explosion would hit the projectile's initial target.
As for what happened with everything else:  IDK.

I also couldn't tell you whether or not the reverse cone was intended, as it seems like an odd choice, especially if it doesn't hit the enemy who you actually shoot.

I guess, long story short, no, the gun was never "fixed" because it's unclear if it was "broken."  It might just suck.
Either way, DE should revisit it.

• 3 weeks later...

I did see that comment, but I appreciate you highlighting it here again.  I've tried numerous times to use the tomb again.  It's just broken.  The Catchmoon is awesome.  I love Rattleguts (my current favorite).  And the Gaze is quite powerful and enjoyable with the Ramble grip.  I do enjoy that.  But the tombfinger remains broken.  It just doesn't kill stuff.

Design or bug, it's broken. Either it's broken by design, or broken by bugs.   But the suck factor is over 9000!

Pity too, I have a god riven for it.  Pish tosh.