Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tried to do an Octavia Skin

rinaxln

On 2019-06-20 at 4:19 AM, LunaSelenis said:

When i saw the 'hip section' the first thing that came to my mind was that it kind of looks like it could be the start of a dress or something, kind of like ballerina. It looks very nice, regardless! 

thanks you for your compliment!>w<) I'll work hard to finish it~

On 2019-06-21 at 8:06 PM, Xgomme said:

The problem is not what the OP used to make his model, but simply the rules of Tennogen... You can't alter the body mesh, at all.

DE also never took fan arts to make Deluxe skins (yet?) 

So like @lukinu_u said (he's the only Octavia tennogen creator atm) if the OP is aiming to have his concept ingame, the best way is to make it following tennogen rules. Or as a fanart in the codex. Those are the two only realistic opportunities

BTW, OP, the helmet is looking cool imo you should try to upgrade it to DE standard and upload it as an alternate helmet 

I understand~ thanks you
 I'll try to learn more about the DE standard |>w<)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@rinaxln

I really like the concept, especially the helmet! Whilst it is currently not Tennogen compatible; I believe it could be made so with a little clever design work. If you'd like, I'd be happy to do a "redline" and/or help you transfer the design onto Octavia's model so that you can model it in Mudbox or Zbrush. 

On 2019-06-22 at 1:06 AM, Xgomme said:

The problem is not what the OP used to make his model, but simply the rules of Tennogen... You can't alter the body mesh, at all.

DE also never took fan arts to make Deluxe skins (yet?) 

So like @lukinu_u said (he's the only Octavia tennogen creator atm) if the OP is aiming to have his concept ingame, the best way is to make it following tennogen rules. Or as a fanart in the codex. Those are the two only realistic opportunities

BTW, OP, the helmet is looking cool imo you should try to upgrade it to DE standard and upload it as an alternate helmet 

Actually most Deluxe are kinda fan art, since most concepts were created by people that don't work directly for DE.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2019-09-08 at 11:47 AM, Skyeraikes said:

@rinaxln

I really like the concept, especially the helmet! Whilst it is currently not Tennogen compatible; I believe it could be made so with a little clever design work. If you'd like, I'd be happy to do a "redline" and/or help you transfer the design onto Octavia's model so that you can model it in Mudbox or Zbrush. 

hi there, sorry fot this very late reply, I haven't came into the forum for a while. thanks you so much for your proposal, Im glade that you liked it. however, I haven't worked on this concept for a long time and it's was in fact never finished. I may try to finish it in the near futur. maybe then, Im gonna need your help if it's final result is satisfiying (because I was never satisfied with my own design, that's what mostly blocking the progress). Also, sincerely, I still dont know anything about how to make a TennoGen skin, I tryed to look into the documents, but i juste couldn't understand (QwQ) , I was never into game model design, im always doing models only for 3d prints.