Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vortex's Effectiveness Was Removed, Can We Get It Back?

SnakeWildlife

Hello! : ) Ill explain what i mean,

Vortex on Vaubon was super effective against small enemies because it would eventually insta-kill them by sucking them into the vortex itself.

This was removed, and the current Vortex now ticks at a very low 15 damage per second at max rank, which is completely in-effective, and Vortex's hold area is tiny when compared to Bastille. In this sense, it is not a viable power anymore.

So!

Why pay 100 energy for a much smaller Bastille? You dont! :P You support this forum topic to get Vortex's output back on track.

What can be done to rebalance Vortex?

Now that the Insta-kill mechanic was removed...the DoT damage should be significantly increased to make this power worthy once again of being an ultimate. Up 15 DPS at max rank, to around 100 (or something around there, would need balance testing!)

--

If Ember and Volts AoE's can tick for higher than 300 in a massive area....why cant Vaubons TINY Vortex tick for much greater numbers? Think about it.

What say you, Warframe Community?

Edited by SnakeWildlife

Vortex is awesome as a strong CC to clump mobs together for killing with other weapons. Vortex doesn't need to kill. Vortex sets up the kill.

If anything, just remove the damage since 15 is really too low to be meaningful.

Yeah i get that, but that's what BASTILLE is for. Thats why it has to be 'Not another bastille'

It's just silly having:

75 Energy - Large Bastille

100 Energy - Small Bastille (Vortex)

It just looks, unintended to be a second bastille. It has to become something else.

Edited by SnakeWildlife

Bastille has a set number of targets that are held in place. This is very useful for Area Denial.

Vortex has an unlimited number of targets that are pulled to a central position. This is very useful for setting up AoE damage. You can place Vortex in a choke point and go about your business elsewhere. 10 or 15 seconds later, just nuke the massive mob ball for fun and profit!

They are both CC, but very distinct sub-classes of CC that serve purposes in different situations.

Edited by honeybadger

If Ember and Volts AoE's can tick for higher than 300 in a massive area....why cant Vaubons TINY Vortex tick for much greater numbers? Think about it.

Because armor and mono-factional warframes.  I don't even disagree with a buff to the DPS of Vortex.  I just think this a terrible reason.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

Because armor and mono-factional warframes.  I don't even disagree with a buff to the DPS of Vortex.  I just think this a terrible reason.

Then read the rest of the post comparing it to Bastille, that was my main point, which you missed and then judged me on a minor comparison after the main point. Please read.

...you would have done the same with Bastille, thats my point.

In fact with that new weapon you would have done it without both those powers. Thats not a very viable arguement.

But with Bastille you would have to target each mod individually (unless they were pre-clumped somehow). With Vortex, you shoot into a mass of bodies and decimate multiple targets in a single area.

I think you are overlooking the clumping as the primary benefit of Vortex.

? The damage is still the same, since months. The way bigger problem with the latest Vortex changes is that it

now doesn't suck all enemies inside. 1/3 of them just get smashed on the ground at random positions, and

lie there till Vortex runs out. Now you can't protect the Cryo-Pod with a single, well placed Vortex anymore.

Toxics will destroy the pod either due to their toxic clouds on their bodys, or due to the fact that someone kills

them accidentally near the pod.

Then read the rest of the post comparing it to Bastille, that was my main point, which you missed and then judged me on a minor comparison after the main point. Please read.

I did.  I was just saying that the reasoning you gave at the end didn't help.  I'd already agreed that a buff would be good, but the last bit isn't a very convincing argument.

I must agree with this. At this point vortex is a slightly stronger Bastille. The advantage it had over bastille was that it provided damage in addition to holding the enemy. At this point the damage is negligible, making vortex a marginally better Bastille. A damage increase would make it more viable as an ultimate power rather than a smaller Bastille.

I must agree with this. At this point vortex is a slightly stronger Bastille. The advantage it had over bastille was that it provided damage in addition to holding the enemy. At this point the damage is negligible, making vortex a marginally better Bastille. A damage increase would make it more viable as an ultimate power rather than a smaller Bastille.

Yay someone gets it!

Hello! : ) Ill explain what i mean,

Vortex on Vaubon was super effective against small enemies because it would eventually insta-kill them by sucking them into the vortex itself.

This was removed, and the current Vortex now ticks at a very low 15 damage per second at max rank, which is completely in-effective, and Vortex's hold area is tiny when compared to Bastille. In this sense, it is not a viable power anymore.

So!

Why pay 100 energy for a much smaller Bastille? You dont! :P You support this forum topic to get Vortex's output back on track.

What can be done to rebalance Vortex?

Now that the Insta-kill mechanic was removed...the DoT damage should be significantly increased to make this power worthy once again of being an ultimate. Up 15 DPS at max rank, to around 100 (or something around there, would need balance testing!)

--

edward_scissorhands_yes.gif