Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ephemera Trading?

I don't think that'll happen, but I'd want some of the rng ephemeras to be changed into "Effort-based ephemeras", like the Eidolon one was intended to be. Not because I want the ephemeras, as I already have all of the available ones, but because it's really disappointing to play Arbitrations or ESO and getting an ephemera I already have, and unlike Ayatans, radiant relics or vandal parts, I can't really do anything with these ephemeras. No trade, no build (because redundancy), nothing. They're basically an empty reward, a "here's nothing for your trouble".

• Like 3

Absolutely.  Everything should be tradable, it benefits plat sales and helps keep sanity with RNG based grind.  

I'm willing to bet that absolutely no one earned these.  How can you?  They just got lucky.  What's wrong with profiting off your luck.  

It's the look at me I'm so cool, I got it in first try.  Sucks for your, but look at me mindset.  I like that you can grind or buy cosmetics or gear in this game.  These shouldn't be different.

Guess what, your the only one that cares you have it and it's not impressive.  You got lucky, you didn't earn it with a job working in the real world or even accomplish some difficult task in the game.  You played a game and got lucky.

Big deal.

EDIT - my trick is to stop caring.  If you don't give a crap, it ceases to bother you.  Just look in pity at everyone with a freeze emphera and how much time they wasted getting it!

Edited by Educated_Beast
  • Like 3

I must say that the idea of trading these is a hard pass.just flat out no. That said I would  prefer them to be changed from how they are now as a chance drop to something more like an achievement reward. Like in monster Hunter there are titles that you can gain and slap on for killing a monster a set number of times. Like you kill an elder dragon 100 times and you can call yourself god slayer. 

You could acheave a very long run or get a large score in some modes. Something that while accessible would require someone to know what they are doing. Like killing so many eidolons in a night, killing X orbs, or beat the stalker 100 times without using beacons. 

Alot of people will not like the difficulty of what you may need to do but the fact that it will require some skill and planning to get these makes them more interesting. And they would make more of a statement when using them.

Why do I leave fire in my wake, i just maintained efficiency above 90% in eso for 16 rounds.

Those flowers yeah I went 20 rounds in arbitration 3 times.

I opened 30 some rivens in a day so now I have a holographic image flowing me.

4 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

EDIT - my trick is to stop caring.  If you don't give a crap, it ceases to bother you.  Just look in pity at everyone with a freeze emphera and how much time they wasted getting it!

Best advice, honestly. Sometimes if you are too stubborn and can't beat the game, prepare to be beaten by the game. Better way to farm some items is to farm them by not farming them. By playing naturally until they eventually drop on their own. A patient gamer is a healthy gamer.

• Like 1

On one hand, I don't support the idea of trading Ephemera because only a tiny minority of players reach Arbitrations and I don't think it's fair to sell them to players who are not meant to build them until they do. It's something they can't hope to use unless they happen to stay long enough.

On the other hand, making them so you can trade Ephemera for Ephemera and no other resource or plat would be perfectly fine by me.

5 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

Considering Ephemeras are gated by RNG and not effort, I don't see why not.

31 minutes ago, Swagernator22663 said:

Exactly, they lost their worth right at the start, so just add them to the market and be don with it.

You still need to beat 200+ different missions and reach Arbitrations in order to build one. Only a tiny fraction of players stay long enough to do that. I don't understand why no one even considers the build requirements of Vitus Essence for Ephemera when using this argument. Just because you are already there doesn't negate what it takes to get there.

4 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

Absolutely.  Everything should be tradable, it benefits plat sales and helps keep sanity with RNG based grind.  

I'm willing to bet that absolutely no one earned these.  How can you?  They just got lucky.  What's wrong with profiting off your luck. 

I earned my right to use them by staying long enough to beat all missions in the game. Even if I had gotten the Smoke Body Ephemera on my first Stalker encounter on Venus at MR3 I would have been unable to build it until beating the entire game with all other +200 different missions and quests that are mandatory for progress. If you think that's something most players do you're not really aware of how small of a minority you and I really are.

Don't downplay that by throwing luck into the mix. Getting an Ephemera during your first 10 minutes or after 200 hours means the exact same thing if you don't reach Arbitrations first. That is still time and effort for all Ephemera except the 2FA one (Which should been a BP that required 1 Vitus Essence to be built. I'm not happy about DE giving it fully built for free to players who have not reached Arbitration).

Edited by Jarriaga

as much as we complain that is just not going to happen. they would have just made it a buyable cosmetic instead of making it tradeable which would be even more sales.. so saying making it tradeable would increase sales is well.. silly in comparison.

perhaps they will make one that is in the market but the other ones we have now. no they should stay untradeable. 

yes it is rng but it is still something to work towards. we have enough things we can get with plat. lets leaves some things to have at least some semblance of rarity.

22 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

On one hand, I don't support the idea of trading Ephemera because only a tiny minority of players reach Arbitrations and I don't think it's fair to sell them to players who are not meant to build them until they do. It's something they can't hope to use unless they happen to stay long enough.

On the other hand, making them so you can trade Ephemera for Ephemera and no other resource or plat would be perfectly fine by me.

You still need to beat 200+ different missions and reach Arbitrations in order to build one. Only a tiny fraction of players stay long enough to do that. I don't understand why no one even considers the build requirements of Vitus Essence for Ephemera when using this argument. Just because you are already there doesn't negate what it takes to get there.

I earned my right to use them by staying long enough to beat all missions in the game. Even if I had gotten the Smoke Body Ephemera on my first Stalker encounter on Venus at MR3 I would have been unable to build it until beating the entire game with all other +200 different missions and quests that are mandatory for progress. If you think that's something most players do you're not really aware of how small of a minority you and I really are.

Don't downplay that by throwing luck into the mix. Getting an Ephemera during your first 10 minutes or after 200 hours means the exact same thing if you don't reach Arbitrations first. That is still time and effort for all Ephemera except the 2FA one (Which should require 1 credit and 1 Vitus essence to be built, I'm not happy about DE giving it for free to players who have not reached Arbitration).

hmm i would be down for emphera to emphera trading. 

the other means no way. 😛 but this seems like a fair tradeoff for people who end up with extras

• Like 2

Just now, Makunogo said:

hmm i would be down for emphera to emphera trading. 

the other means no way. 😛 but this seems like a fair tradeoff for people who end up with extras

Indeed. The middle ground between the two camps would be the ability to trade them for other Ephemera. It would still suck for unlucky players who never even get even 1, but it would ease frustration from those other players who happen to have multiple copies of one of them but can't get another one they like.

5 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

Guess what, your the only one that cares you have it and it's not impressive.  You got lucky, you didn't earn it with a job working in the real world or even accomplish some difficult task in the game.  You played a game and got lucky.

Warframe0223.jpg

88 days of farming. While luck is a significant factor in how soon one gets it, you can't dismiss that having the right gear and skill to use said gear can make the farm go by much faster. 

That's how it went by for me. Heck, at this point I have multiple blazing and seeding step's simply because I run ESO and Arbitrations a lot for focus and endo. 

8 hours ago, Chewarette said:

That would defeat their whole point. Big nope from me.

And what is the point of them?  A mark of achievement?  Unfortunately they completely fail at that.  Currently the only one that's marginally a mark of achievement is the Bleeding Body.  That one requires that you do 20 rounds of arbitration to obtain.  Sure, you could do 20 single rounds, but you still did 20 rounds.  Every single other one is RNG.  Could have gotten it on your first run, could have gotten it on your 100th run, or you may not even get it after 1000 runs.  If they're RNG, they should be tradable.  If they're not tradable, they should have fixed acquisition methods.  "Do X, get Y" instead of what it currently is, "do X, hope for Y."

• Like 2

8 hours ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

They're keeping people playing modes so I doubt it'll happen soonTM

Stats trump all.

You are just a number.

Only thing I need from Orb mother is one of these ephemera. I'm not going to spend hours farming for something while getting worthless items when I could simply be getting forma from plague star or cracking relics to make tradeable sets. 

Yes, please. I only want the Smoking Body ephemera, and I've been getting so much Dread (literally) from farming Stalker and constantly bullying The Sergeant. It's even worse when I run out of ducats from spending them on Beacons only to get the same duplicate blueprints and mods.

And to anyone concerned if people who have earned the spot of being able to craft Ephemera may lose their sense of pride when others who haven't gotten that point can get the same things for plat, just make it so that it's required to unlock Arbitrations before hand.