Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Neglect (RANT))

Seriouslly ?! After almost 1 year of not releasing a clan event you expect over half the clan to be active in a clan event ? Are you so disconnected from the game and diluted?

I started playing this game like anyone else, finding my way within the game threw the game mechanics and social aspects. Unlike most others I developed a very successful clan from the bottom up. Back then it was easy to build, but the relationships difficult. I soon became accustomed to only clan matters and not playing the game itself. From that I've built true friendships and leaders. Whom without them our clan would be nothing. We fought threw clan events almost every month to get those gold trophies, we maintained top 10 in leaderboards for our clan kills a week. This was our measurement of success and activity, in fact we created a promotion system based upon it. As well as relying on clan events for activity. And than DE decided to get rid of that. The fact that clan leaders are left to decide how promotions are based on in the clan is enough pressure on the leaders of that clan in the first place. If it's not game based mechanics we can rely on how we should run our clans, what mechanics and or system should that be based on ? Beacuse it seems like DE wants nothing to do with it. As a clan leader who's been here since the beginning I can tell you with certainty DE doesn't give 2 S#&$s about clans. The fact they will run plauge star, a nightwave, etc.. during a clan event as well as other things proves this. I'm tired of this neglect of clans in warframe and being a clan for over 5 years in ready to just shut it down. 

Please remove the PSA and Megathread tags, I think both are just supposed to be used by mods. Also prob PC since the event ended there.

On topic

I would agree if it wasn't just trophies, which only have the value of what you give it since they're purely dojo cosmetics.

Also being a console player you should have had information on participation required in advance so you could have prepared.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)unknownmystery_1 said:

The fact they will run plauge star, a nightwave, etc.. during a clan event as well as other things proves this.

This is the fault of syncing that they're trying to do for uncertain reasons. We're not completely sure if it's to slowly test and bring cross platform play/updates, but it's what they've decided to do.

5 minutes ago, --RV--Dopekoke said:

What event is going on the ps4?

Hostile Mergers, they got it like 6 days ago, not sure how long they have left.

11 hours ago, (PS4)unknownmystery_1 said:

Seriouslly ?! After almost 1 year of not releasing a clan event you expect over half the clan to be active in a clan event ? Are you so disconnected from the game and diluted?

I started playing this game like anyone else, finding my way within the game threw the game mechanics and social aspects. Unlike most others I developed a very successful clan from the bottom up. Back then it was easy to build, but the relationships difficult. I soon became accustomed to only clan matters and not playing the game itself. From that I've built true friendships and leaders. Whom without them our clan would be nothing. We fought threw clan events almost every month to get those gold trophies, we maintained top 10 in leaderboards for our clan kills a week. This was our measurement of success and activity, in fact we created a promotion system based upon it. As well as relying on clan events for activity. And than DE decided to get rid of that. The fact that clan leaders are left to decide how promotions are based on in the clan is enough pressure on the leaders of that clan in the first place. If it's not game based mechanics we can rely on how we should run our clans, what mechanics and or system should that be based on ? Beacuse it seems like DE wants nothing to do with it. As a clan leader who's been here since the beginning I can tell you with certainty DE doesn't give 2 S#&$s about clans. The fact they will run plauge star, a nightwave, etc.. during a clan event as well as other things proves this. I'm tired of this neglect of clans in warframe and being a clan for over 5 years in ready to just shut it down. 

Half your roster to get gold is reasonable for a casual competitive clan.  Consoles getting hit with 2 events was poorly planned, I admit but, you have over a week to complete both and they each take about a day to get basic points for if you're doing dedicated runs.

Nightwave is a permanent thing now though, not sure why you've included it, you can easily complete the challenges while doing the event runs.  

It's not DE's fault if you run a loose and casual clan that also wants the perks of a competitive one, however.  You have to manage the clan in a manner that gets you the trophies you want or, don't have them.

• Like 3

If you have such a good clan why are you worried? 

You should be able to manage it well.

Or are you worried about other clans that don't have leadership like yours? 

Granted that the plague star and hostile merger happening at the same time is a rather bad move, but HM only counts your highest score, and PS is mostly free forma after some time of grind. Not sure this is enough reason to say clans are in a S#&$ place. 

Clans are in a S#&$ place because there aren't enough events and reasons to stick together. 

Anyway, clans are highly neglected but I'm not sure it's the way OP is meaning.  It would be nice if clans had the ability to;

• Be chosen as default load in (instead of Liset (Maybe have the Liset docked to the Dojo?)) 
  • Launch clan oriented missions (I start up a Sortie mission, pop up for any clan members that let's anyone online know I have spots open (would be perfect for clan based events))
  • The ability to designate a percentage of my loot and credits to be donated directly to the clan 
  • Clan tiers based on member counts, automatically shifting based on the roster and not barracks
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Fishyflakes said:

DE requiring 50% after not caring about clans for about a year is pretty bonkers.

They did do a good job by not rewarding the top exploiters though, so I suppose it evens out.

What percentage would be better though?  I think 50% for top trophy is actually a touch sad.  

Your clan might be dead but thats not on us, a lot and i mean a lot of clans are still active and its clear you're  just in one of the inactive ones, people requested a clan event because there hasnt been one for so long, just because it doesnt sit well with your clans condition doesnt mean it was wrong of them to do