Echoes of Duviri: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

URF(Ultra Rapid Fire) but in Warframe Game Mode

danielxmeu

If you don’t know, there is a mode in LOL(League of Legends) that is/was URF(Ultra Rapid Fire) the concept was simple:
In this mode you get reduction on cooldowns by 80% or your abilities, unlimited mana and some other stuff.
What i would really like is this type of game mode added in warframe, since its a rly fun game mode people would play it a lot more.

Concept:

• Always have a energy buff like the kavat one.
  • Abilities cooldown reduced (don’t know how mutch, ex: ember able to fire her 1 one time every sec)
          Duration mods are not going to affect more like in LOL you dont buy cooldown reduction itens
  • Cast speed increased (just enough for the most fun not over doing it)
  • Add a automatic fire to non-automatic weapons and add some fire rate.
  • Add more dmg to the automatic weapons.
          Do the same for the pistols 
  • Just add more dmg to the melle
  • Also you have a magazine but no max ammo

Restraints

• Cant use operator
  • Cant use Gear wheel

Game type:
Usually seen in some mmos

• Infested assacination boss
  • 5 stages mission
  • stationary big boss always present in the battle going to fully attack only on the last stage
  • every stage it can spawn some infested minions
  • 1 2 3 and 4th stage the team needs to destroy 4 tall "Infested Hive" type of structure with a huge health poll
          In every stage there is some type of invulnerability of the hive were you need to dodge the boss attack
          In the end of every stage the boss should take some dmg from the hives getting destroyed
  • Last stage the boss come out and fights

Rewards

• No XP
  • Some kuva for every hive
  • A lot of Mutagen Samples, you know why
  • Other ressources

Others

• Mr8+
  • Location: Derelic (it can be like a separated mission like Jordas or mutalis alad V in Ceres)
  • Add a leader board
  • Clan trophy

IMPORTANT:

MAKE IT HARD/WITH ALOT OF HEALT (but not impossible even with the buffs that you have)
To spend some time in the mission and see those dps numbers and in the end get what we want, HAVE FUN.

Extra:
Seasonal game mode.
Reduce the buffs in the energy and abilities if it is to much and try not to brake the game visually, and add just a buff like the Arbitration one.

Edited by danielxmeu

This reminds me of what Gears of War 5 is introducing. 

There is basically an ‘endless’ game mode they are putting into the game where you have to escape the Swarm hive after placing biogen bombs in their hives/hollows. You go through countless phases of enemies and every so often a type of mini boss. Since the hollows are underground, it’s bit of a hike to make it to the surface, so you’re gonna have to fight through many areas underground. I say ‘endless’ because it is very lengthy, but there is an end point to reach. 

I think there might be a point reward system but I’ll have to rewatch the E3 demo.

If warframe were to introduce this, it could be a type of “Sanctuary onslaught raid” if done properly. 

My only feedback is the buffs. There are too many of them. The fire mode and fire rate ones are interesting, but the infinite energy and super casting speed might be overkill. 

Sounds fun and potentially rewarding. You have my upvote.

Edited by (XB1)A Excal Umbra
  • Like 1

Personally, i don't like the idea. For me the restrictions are way more severe than the buffs.

Is like "remove all efficiency mods and spam abilities doing a little more damage/effect that your regular build, but same duration and range"

But, as the enemies are high level bullet sponges, it will be more like "bring Chroma + Rhino + oberon/wisp/bless for heal" as you can't use operator or gear wheel for that. And kill boss with a reload simulator rubico and normal enemies with whatever melee (90% time meme strike) or automatic catchmoon kitgun.

We already are able to get that with a x2 arcane energize, or just 175% efficiency vs low level enemies. So nothing new for me.

3 hours ago, Dragoncroac said:

Is like "remove all efficiency mods and spam abilities doing a little more damage/effect that your regular build, but same duration and range"

But, as the enemies are high level bullet sponges

The fact that you would have those restiction is because iy would be to easy to dodge attacks and the gear whell wouldn't make a diference, you can have it back just for the Archguns.

And the enemies being able to get a lot of dmg is because i didnt want to have a mission just for 2 min.

5 hours ago, (XB1)A Excal Umbra said:

but the infinite energy and super casting speed might be overkill. 

even with that spam that you could do the objective is for the enemies being able to receive that dmg and even tank it a lot because of his huge HP
ex in a minion:
Mara Detron 6 elements + Reedemer Condition Overload, in a normal minion it would do ike 200.000 dmg with armor striping (i dont know) and one shot it in this game mode you would do x4 the dmg and still doing only 10% or less of his total hp, that what i would like to see in a enemy, big number and spend some time for the most fun

The only things that currently affect skill spamming is:

Energy costs

Casting Speed

In case of certain projectile skills, you can only launch another after the projectile sent previously has already ended or traveled X meters (not sure exactly how much though)

So, a mode where you got reduced cd's (there are no cd's in warframe?) would only be appliable if we had infinite energy (not hard to do from the developers side), increassed casting speed (again, not difficult), but the 3rd limiting factor will require significant changes for each and every warframe and would potentially break the game (expecially with warframes like vauban and limbo with the flashy attacks. Your eyes would melt and your soul would dissipate at such a sight) requiring a whole lotta effort from the developer team... Not sure DE would be up for that. Plus, we kinda already spam skills and almost got unlimited energy in warframe (expecially because of zenurik).

Edited by devildevil21

4 minutes ago, Legion-Shields said:

Riot refuses to give their player base URF proper, since it turned out to be more popular than their Esports generator game mode. So here we are.

No, Riot refuses to bring back the original URF because these "hyper" game modes are bad for player retention. League of Legends had its largest player drop off in history after URF was taken out.

When you release a super fun overpower hyper mode, players will find the regular game boring and not want to continue playing.

Due to this developers are very cautious about releasing such content.

6 minutes ago, Bioness said:

No, Riot refuses to bring back the original URF because these "hyper" game modes are bad for player retention. League of Legends had its largest player drop off in history after URF was taken out.

When you release a super fun overpower hyper mode, players will find the regular game boring and not want to continue playing.

Due to this developers are very cautious about releasing such content.

You could say that's because URF mode revealed how much more fun the game could be ( I am aware plenty actually hated it, but then those wouldn't be the ones who contributed to that massive drop off after URF was taken out) and how mediocre the main game mode actually was.

24 minutes ago, Legion-Shields said:

You could say that's because URF mode revealed how much more fun the game could be ( I am aware plenty actually hated it, but then those wouldn't be the ones who contributed to that massive drop off after URF was taken out) and how mediocre the main game mode actually was.

League of Legends was the most obvious example, but Path of Exile had the same issues with some of their races that had enhanced extra loot mechanics.

You can't have URF all the time, because people will get burned out or find the novelty tiring. You also shouldn't release URF at all because it makes the main game look slow and boring.

The main game being boring after these modes is NOT a fault of the game itself, but rather people getting high off of all that sugar and no longer wanting food.

Overwatch has Total Mayhem going atleast one day per week. It is practically the exact same as URF mode, yet most people avoid it because there are simply better ways to play the game.

I would really not like to see something like that in WF, just as I dont wanna see BR in WF either. Other games already have those things, so play those games if you want those things.

56 minutes ago, Bioness said:

League of Legends was the most obvious example, but Path of Exile had the same issues with some of their races that had enhanced extra loot mechanics.

You can't have URF all the time, because people will get burned out or find the novelty tiring. You also shouldn't release URF at all because it makes the main game look slow and boring.

The main game being boring after these modes is NOT a fault of the game itself, but rather people getting high off of all that sugar and no longer wanting food.

You make a fair point, though I have far more experience with League than I do with PoE (as in, none). I'm just a bit jaded by the Esports craze that seems to be dictating everything (scrapping the Titan MMO for Overwatch is my biggest gripe). The main game mode in League can be far more rewarding for the patient.

Edited by Legion-Shields
  • Like 1

Although players should still have to farm every weapon to try it out in the game mode and it could be a sesonal thing.

Or like the raid like before, people how played it want it back because it was fun and this game mode could be to.