Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave Revision

KVG_UMBRA

Digital Extremes, you participated in the creation of one of the best PVP games in the entire history of video games. I'm talking about Unreal.
Please pay attention to the conclave between large updates. There are currently three problems with the conclave. Parkour, the lack of people and useless rewards.
On parkour - you can completely remove the bulletjump, add stamina. It is clear that only in conclave.
According to the lack of people - it is enough to announce about the rework of the conclave and about the changes of parkour in it.

If you want to explain the lack of parkour in the story, there is a small thought. Create another planet on which lawlessness and strong gravity reign. Warframes are very hard to run for a long time and make a bulletjump, unlike other planets. 

In general, as for me, PVP is necessary. Especially when there is a lull in the game. For example, now. In the Plague Star got what I wanted and finished the night wave. There is nothing special to do - it's time to get into PVP.

Also a very interesting idea was given by the user Sekan
"I think a solution could be to focus conclave on gathering points, like... first player to 1000 points, and then add in AI controlled mobs so its "still" a horde shooter. Then you could get 1 point for a normal enemy, 5 for a special, 10 for an elite, 25 for an eximus, and then 100 or so for killing another player. "

Edited by VadimKozinec

I don't use Conclave, even though I do enjoy it as a concept, and I like playing it. Too bad it's an unbalanced mess, and I'm to underpowered and confuse all the time. Otherwise I'd play more. I mostly dislike PvP in general, but a few bouts in-between PvE rounds always feel nice, just for the thrill and dumb fun.

That said, I really wish DE paid more attention to it. It's a pretty bad mode atm, not even important for the game. But it does exist and should be properly reworked in a way that makes it still "just a part of the greater game", but still a good part of it, not a neglected one. I know it can happen it's a matter of finding the time and resources for it.

vor 50 Minuten schrieb VadimKozinec:

the lack of people

This is hardly something DE can do about. Warframe is a PvE game, so it's only natural that hardly anyone is interested in PvP.

If you are looking for PvP while you are playing a PvE game like Warframe, then youa re in the wrong place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VadimKozinec said:

Please pay attention to the conclave between large updates. 

It would be amazing but not for the reasons you listed.

On parkour - you can completely remove the bulletjump, add stamina. It is clear that only in conclave.

Core mechanics should be consistent between PvE and PvP in order to make skills transfer between modes, by adding stamina -a brand new resource to manage that doesn't exist in PvE- you're adding a new reason for players to avoid it.

Let's not turn warframes into "asthmatic ninjas" just because people can't be bothered to learn how to aim (in a shooter) at anything moving faster than a flameblade under the effects of any crowd control power (with something that isn't ignis, plasmor, fulmin, catchmoon or sometimes amprex) while moving everywhere as fast as their sprint speed allows them to.

According to the lack of people - it is enough to announce about the rework of the conclave and about the changes of parkour in it.

In the first place, keep in mind that there is a PvE event going on, so many players are farming it as hard as they can before it ends, that nightwave's intermission is live.

With that out of the way, it would be better to start by providing tools that help players find each other more easily, something as small as moving from the current RNG matchmaking to a match/server browser to let people see ongoing matches (hopefully with the ping to their host, type of host, region, game mode, player count and RC status for those below rank 3) and join easily instead of going blindly praying to find a match within in the selected region, on the wanted mode, for their matchmaking setting (RC on/off for those who can choose) and within their ping settings.

There are some other things needed such as a forced graduation in RC to get rid of players who learn enough to bully newbies but are still afraid of those out of it; a look at balance, which despite being mostly well done, some frames with silly stuff going on with their powers exist and there are also some overtuned weapons after 2018's rebalance that DE hasn't looked back for pvp.

In general, as for me, PVP is necessary. Especially when there is a lull in the game.

I agree with this, and tbh, PvE gets dull quickly to me even before getting everything from new updates or events.

There is nothing special to do - it's time to get into PVP.

Yes, but that usually means learning the game's mechanics and improving at them, not trying to get them changed.

• Like 2

The problem with adding or removing things exclusively to conclave (like removing parkour) is that then its no longer a test of skills, but a test of a secondary arbitrary set of skills. At that point Conclave could just as well be a Warframe themed kart racing game. Parkour is very central to Warframes identity, the tenno are and I quote the lotus "Masters of mobility". By removing or restricting said mobility would be taking away from what warframe PvP should be. Warframe PvP should, in my eyes, be pitting the skills you've gained from playing warframe, against the skills of other players. This should include all skills, from modding to a weapons strength, to parkour, to using your warframes abilities. 

I think the issue with warframes PvP is not so much the parkour, but that warframe was designed as a horde shooter. you're meant to be dealing with and avoiding large groups of enemies with simple patterns. I think a solution could be to focus conclave on gathering points, like... first player to 1000 points, and then add in AI controlled mobs so its "still" a horde shooter. Then you could get 1 point for a normal enemy, 5 for a special, 10 for an elite, 25 for an eximus, and then 100 or so for killing another player. 

Now you have a use for that mobility and modding.

10 минут назад, Sekan сказал:

I think a solution could be to focus conclave on gathering points, like... first player to 1000 points, and then add in AI controlled mobs so its "still" a horde shooter. Then you could get 1 point for a normal enemy, 5 for a special, 10 for an elite, 25 for an eximus, and then 100 or so for killing another player. 

Thats a good idea, man. It would really be better to compete with other players by doing what you do in PVE. I will add your idea to the main post. It is a pity that the developers are likely not to pay attention.

3 hours ago, VadimKozinec said:

Thats a good idea, man. It would really be better to compete with other players by doing what you do in PVE. I will add your idea to the main post. It is a pity that the developers are likely not to pay attention.

Dude, just go into a PvE mission and see who gets more kills. Stop trying to turn PvP into PvE with extra steps.

• Like 5

If you want more people to play PvP, just make all weapons available in PvP so you don't have to spend 1000 hours in PvE just to get some weapons to use in conclave. As in, when you go into the conclave arsenal, you have all the weapons there to choose from, even if you haven't obtained it in PvE. 

• Like 1

Im my opinion, objective based pvp modes (like the old Solar Rail Conflicts, yes I miss them)
Or a straight up Quad Domination Interception mode, With two teams competing in decoding the message...
Or something MOBA-like might just work...

Of course the fact that everything would most likely have to be re-balanced again (and "Everything is like in PvE" is a rollback to the old conclave... that didn't really work (and would require Conclave ratings to be brought back...)
(and people would win by virtue of nuking the whole map into oblivion instead of skill)

I really would like to see a server or match browser...

On a side note, I'd really love to see a melee-only mode...

• 4 weeks later...
On 2019-06-19 at 2:59 AM, Walkampf said:

This is hardly something DE can do about. Warframe is a PvE game, so it's only natural that hardly anyone is interested in PvP.

If you are looking for PvP while you are playing a PvE game like Warframe, then youa re in the wrong place.

I always disliked that answer, when there is a clear effort from DE having a PvP platform at hand. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 2Sk3tChy said:

I always disliked that answer, when there is a clear effort from DE having a PvP platform at hand.

Off-topic: Welcome, but be prepared for a rough ride around here.

However, don't let it get to you too much. It's not just Reddit, and it's been like this for a while.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

Off-topic: Welcome, but be prepared for a rough ride around here.

However, don't let it get to you too much. It's not just Reddit, and it's been like this for a while.

Hey, this is kinda insane that you replied. Conclave discord had mentioned you to me - we should talk.

• Like 1