Jump to content
angias

Should DE release more weapons of high rank?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

From what i recall DE stated that weapons stats would be determined by it's rank requirement.

So if we want stronger gears (on papers) we will have to accept they will require higuer rank.

Personnally it does not bother me but for many, releasing new content behind rank requirement could annoy some people.

Some people will also bring the subject of powercreep.

 

Asking for MORE weapons in the high rank categorie.

Edited by angias
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it means getting stuff worth using and not just more MR fodder, sure.

Gram Prime is MR14 and it's truly the king of melee.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good content is always welcome. If the weapon is truly good and usable, then please do bring it. And not just stronger damage-wise, Tigris style, new mechanics and new utilities. Which thankully DE is already doing with most latest weapons.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as its actually good - sure. Especially for grineer weaponry.

There  are VERY few actually  good grineer weapons that get S#&$ done without a riven and i bums me the the #*!% out.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
il y a 21 minutes, (PS4)nerdlegend a dit :

 

Already have some higher ranked weapons, assuming you want 10-15+?

Almost all new weapons oustide of prime variant of this years and last year are Bellow Rank 10 and most of them are rank 8.

Almost everything that will come will be mr fodder and at best sidegrade to mid-tier weapons.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Artekkor said:

As long as its actually good - sure. Especially for grineer weaponry.

There  are VERY few actually  good grineer weapons that get S#&$ done without a riven and i bums me the the #*!% out.

Have you ever considered that Grineer weapons may be like that because they are a "low tech" (comparatively) faction based more around quantity of soldiers and cheap, massed produced weaponry?

Their so called "weakness" may be on purpose to be "lore accurate", which is why only specially modified (i.e. Wraith or Prisma) Grineer guns are strong.

37 minutes ago, angias said:

From what i recall DE stated that weapons stats would be determined by it's rank requirement.

So if we want stronger gears (on papers) we will have to accept they will require higuer rank.

Personnally it does not bother me but for many, releasing new content behind rank requirement could annoy some people.

Some people will also bring the subject of powercreep.

MR 20 Cycron Vandal, I don't see why not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They won't do it because people on forums will start complaining if MR req. is higher than 15. Same reason we will never get endgame content. 

  • Like 1
  • Applause 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
il y a 32 minutes, SenariousNex a dit :

They won't do it because people on forums will start complaining if MR req. is higher than 15. Same reason we will never get endgame content. 

Same people will complain about the lack of powerfull new gears or lack of endgame.

Those who call for powercreep when something is 15% stronger than their weapon that is already oneshotting pretty much anything, most of them don't purposely make bad build in order to be challenged.

Damage 3.0 was a very good balance bill and could have fixed half of the problems the game has.

Now DE is stuck trying to avoid powercreep while catering to a Community that fear balance or challenge.

At that point make new content worthwhile for seasoned players or fix the goddamn scalling and balance.

 

 

 

Enough ranting.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the MR system get's reworked out of the tedious grind it is now, I will be fine with it.
The way it is now and likely to stay like that for a long time, no.

Why do I see it as tedious? It forces you to get gear that you are not interested in, so that you can get the gear which you actually want. You can say that about other games, but it feels worse here. When I get bored enough sure, I will pick up some random thing and play around with it, maybe I will end up liking it, maybe I will just throw it in the trash after it's rank 30.

That's not a good mastery system.

”I fear not the tenno who has used 10,000 weapons once, but I fear the tenno who has used one weapon 10,000 times.” - John ''Prodman'' Lee

  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

When the MR system get's reworked out of the tedious grind it is now, I will be fine with it.
The way it is now and likely to stay like that for a long time, no.

Why do I see it as tedious? It forces you to get gear that you are not interested in, so that you can get the gear which you actually want. You can say that about other games, but it feels worse here. When I get bored enough sure, I will pick up some random thing and play around with it, maybe I will end up liking it, maybe I will just throw it in the trash after it's rank 30.

That's not a good mastery system.

”I fear not the tenno who has used 10,000 weapons once, but I fear the tenno who has used one weapon 10,000 times.” - John ''Prodman'' Lee

Incentivizing us to use all the available weapons at least once to level them to 30 will never be a bad thing.

I'm all in for having MR-locked weapons, but of course it shouldn't reach the high MR Spheres. Anything above MR15-18 would be way too high imo.

  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 минут назад, Datam4ss сказал:

Have you ever considered that Grineer weapons may be like that because they are a "low tech" (comparatively) faction based more around quantity of soldiers and cheap, massed produced weaponry?

I considered it now. And i think its bullS#&$.

I like to think that grineer are actually competent at making their stuff, even if it looks like it was made out of what they've found on a junkyard. Otherwise we would be seeing grineer guns jamming in the field without the help of Mesa. And you can't win a battle if your guns can't even hurt the opponents. Not to mention how they slowly introduce new, more complicated  and better made weaponry like those PoE tanks, which means even if  they sucked at it before -  surely they are figuring out  that quality matters too if they starting fielding units like that.

And also grineer do not overwhelm by numbers. That's the core trait of  Infestation.  The theme of grineer is raw power, as opposed to corpus theme of high-tech tactical superiority (mines, traps, drones, nulifiers, etc.)

Except for some reasons their weapons do not represent that in any way.  Well... They do in the way they function  and sound, but the stats are almost universaly S#&$. The Hek, Tonkor and Zarr is probably the best their arsenal  has to offer and that's it (and hek needs a syndicate mod). To be fair, corpus weapons are not that  much better either,  although they have about  twice the ammount of "exceptions". (And i do not count upgraded  variants like vandal or wraith).

Ultimately everything gets overshadowed by Prime Master Race, because orokin had the big brain.

Thankfully, my old friend Baro occasionaly baths grineer  weapons in the void (how did he ever came up with that?) and somehow that makes  them better, but i do not question his methods, since his, uh, "products" actually get S#&$ done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
il y a 17 minutes, AlphaPHENIX a dit :

 

”I fear not the tenno who has used 10,000 weapons once, but I fear the tenno who has used one weapon 10,000 times.” - John ''Prodman'' Lee

What about the one thas used a 1000 weapon a 1000 time?

 

I like trying new weapons and trully master them.

 

This doesn't discalifie your point it's just a different perspective.

Edited by angias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Incentivizing us to use all the available weapons at least once to level them to 30 will never be a bad thing.

Yes, but that doesn't excuse the bad execution of the system

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
il y a 10 minutes, AlphaPHENIX a dit :

Yes, but that doesn't excuse the bad execution of the system

I once thought of a system that gave diminishing mastery returns up to the cap. Something like 100 per level on first rank up, 50 on 2nd, 25 on third, 13 on 4th etc, and maybe some other metric like 1 mastery point every 100 kills. 

Basically that way you can either master everything or master a lot of stuff and use it for a long time. 

Edited by Autongnosis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One question though, what is the purpose on higher MR weapons? Is it for stronger stats or something that is hard to master but fun and does the job? Because there are only 2 outcomes for many

Weapon is stronger : POWERCREEP!!!1!1

Weapon is normal : OMG useless weapon, MR fodder. Back to *meta weapon*

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Autongnosis said:

I once thought of a system that gave diminishing mastery returns up to the cap. Something like 100 per level on first rank up, 50 on 2nd, 25 on third, 13 on 4th etc, and maybe some other metric like 1 mastery point every 100 kills. 

Basically that way you can either master everything or master a lot of stuff and use it for a long time. 

There was a small chat on a devstream long ago with stuff like this. Getting MR points for doing more stylish kills (while sliding, while aim gliding, ect.) were mentioned, if I remember it right. Might have been 2-3 years ago by now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont see a problem with them adding more weapons up to MR15. We all know how powerful the weapons are at that level and below. We certainly dont need stuff beyond MR15 because that would simply be too much power creep for no real reason whatsoever.

And even with the MR8 weapons we've gotten, some are good and some are bad. Fulmin is a great piece of equipment in the full auto category, but the semi mode is horribly lacking (except on Ivara).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be nice to get a new meta weapon once in a while.

The problem right now is that most meta weapons are easy to use with high output while most new weapons are unique but either lack output or are just horrible to use.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Renegade343 said:

You're already MR23.

Ready for the MR 24 test for the last year.  I don't see a point in going any higher because there is nothing that pushes me to rank up.  

Standing caps?  Trace caps? Daily trade increase? I already don't hit those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Ready for the MR 24 test for the last year.  I don't see a point in going any higher because there is nothing that pushes me to rank up. 

And if I decide to push you to rank up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Renegade343 said:

And if I decide to push you to rank up?

That'll be amusing to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...