Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should DE release more weapons of high rank?

angias

as long as the weapon's MR requirement reflects the stats, sure. higher rank weapons should be more powerful; people should have to work a little harder for the better guns. I'm close to MR 27 now myself and while it may not carry any real weight, the extra standing and trace caps always prove useful in the long term for Prime farming and new Syndicates.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Yes, please. I'd be fine if we had higher Mr weapons that are not fodder and actually good from the get go.. 

what if I told you I can compete if not surpass opticor users with my Stradavar?

At the rate DE release New weapons, it is not surprising they have average requirement and stats.

But to the point where old gears are more appealing than most new weapons is quite the stretch. Don't get me wrong, we had multiple great weapons but all of them were of average rank and add little to raise the bar.

Kitgun and zaw are an exception but they are a problem on their own, offering so many possibility of combinaison to the point that we can't add something truly new without being gimmicky. Quite sad to think that now the only weapons that stands out are the one with gimmick because we can't have something new that has average stats.

So people complain about fodder or DE running out of idea.

I'll say it, we are saturated by average and decent weapons. Outside of prisma/prime variant, what really stoud out of the bunch?

Edited by angias

While it may indeed be annoying to some people, it deos give a purpose to push past MR16. I for example would like to see an alternative to the Amphrex, since its one of the few Weapons i enjoy using. I was thinking of something like a charge based lightning chain gun, that has a relatively high crit chance and something broken like a 4 or even 6 times base multiplier and of course the requirement of MR20. Could be fun, but would probably cause alot of people below said MR to get incredibly upset.

Tough to say. I think items ranked at 18 or above would certainly cause lots of complaints from a number of players - can't talk about percentages of course because it's always the vocal part of a community that complains about something. To be perfectly honest, I don't think it would be a good idea for DE because it would sound like they lock some items behind an arbitrary "mastery" stat that does not actually represent the real mastery of a player.

I think if there were to be such high-MR items they would need to be very few and exceptional in nature, such as the primary or secondary equivalents of the Paracesis (the sentient-killers).

1 hour ago, angias said:

I am not suggesting to mainly release weapons ranked above rank 16, i suggest to release more weapons above rank 10.

I don't think it's really necessary though, if that weapon is stronger it would make people scream powercreep or dismissing it as MR fodder if it's not any stronger

I just thought they put more powerful weapons they have been releasing behind a grind fest vs mr fest to get around some of these complaints or to redirect complaints in different manners.   I have zero clue if any of the weapons they have released as of late are wroth it though, such as the ones with profit taker and all the atmos systems stuff.

il y a 29 minutes, OneYenShort a dit :

I just thought they put more powerful weapons they have been releasing behind a grind fest vs mr fest to get around some of these complaints or to redirect complaints in different manners.

Fair point.

il y a une heure, 844448 a dit :

I don't think it's really necessary though, if that weapon is stronger it would make people scream powercreep or dismissing it as MR fodder if it's not any stronger

People will complain regardless.

Has long has DE release something, someone somewhere will complain.

I do not bellieve in mr fodder and i'm getting tired of something average.

Edited by angias

il y a 9 minutes, OneYenShort a dit :

But do you believe in mrs fodder?

Got baited...

Whatever.

I believe the concept but the application praticly non existent, so i simply disregard it.

Edited by angias

il y a 25 minutes, KnightCole a dit :

all to useable levels....

What a peculiar choice of words.

This mean nothing here.

Max out a mk1-braton then you'll understand.

Apologie.

I guess it would be a better way around.

De will still release new gears, it's just annoying they mostly target ''mid-game''.

But if DE can afford doing that sure.

Edited by angias

a few things more or less related. but more so towards weapons..

i find weapons are way too easy to craft and the wait time to craft them is too long, i think this should be reversed. 

increase the materials required to make them and remove/significantly lower the build time. ( frames to 1 day and weapons to 6 hours for example) 

this would still be a wait but i personally find it more reasonable. the amount of required resources could also depend on the mr of the weapon/frame ect. currently orokin cell requirements on prime gear is pretty decent, wouldn't say it needs much of an increase. though if it did I wouldn't be too bothered, however i think we can all agree we dont want to increase the grind too much. however with shorter craft times that can make up for it.

I would actually love them to make some MR 15-20 weapons. heck even higher up to maybe even 25. will it take a while for them to get it? probably. but thats not really the point.

frankly idc if that "gates" newer players, it's not supposed to be for newer players.. it's about constant progression

to be honest from what i have seen, most people have not wanted things to be high MR i can only assume cus they dont want to wait (fomo) but i think the game kind of needs it.

more things to look forward to and to strive for as cheesy as it sounds it will incentivize people to rank up more, as  currently going up in Mr tends to feel like a chore. id much rather if players had the " this weapon is pretty cool but it's MR 18, soon ill be able to use it " 

i am pretty sure most people have had  a similar thought with certain weapons (cough gram prime on its release)