Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There's not enough people talking about the lack of enemies in solo endless missions

BloodyTides

Seriously, it took me around 25 minutes to complete the excavation sortie today, I was finding one enemy every 15 seconds and it was the most boring thing I've done in the game lately. Not to mention survival when you want to go for a long run and there's just not nearly enough enemies to keep a steady flow of life support even when using Nekros or Hydroid. I know they have mentioned this before but it needs to be fixed asap, it's literally game breaking.

• Like 2

I agree with the base of your statement OP, but, I do think it should be pointed out, that Europa Ice Planet tiles absolutely suck for excavs, always have.

Enemies get stuck all over the place and cant find a path towards you, its a heck of a lot more noticeable when running solo since you need to at times travel halfway across the map just to find a group thats stuck on some tiny ledge that just cant be walked up but requires a bunny-hop to get over.

Really want this tileset to get a little bit of TLC but some enemy spawn increases would be lovely as well!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Giantconch said:

I agree with the base of your statement OP, but, I do think it should be pointed out, that Europa Ice Planet tiles absolutely suck for excavs, always have.

Enemies get stuck all over the place and cant find a path towards you, its a heck of a lot more noticeable when running solo since you need to at times travel halfway across the map just to find a group thats stuck on some tiny ledge that just cant be walked up but requires a bunny-hop to get over.

Really want this tileset to get a little bit of TLC but some enemy spawn increases would be lovely as well!

Yeah, you do have a point. Europa is very problematic with the npcs path finding, just makes the issue a lot worse unfortunately..

• Like 1

Thatz because I never go solo..... at least.... not if I can help it....

The same thing happens in Bounties....

On the Plains when you have to Liberate a camp the Area control will dwindle and yet theres not a single enemy In sight....

On Fortuna.... kill 25 Drones/MoAs game refuses to Spawn Drones/MoAs....

Hell you no that bounty where you have to rescue the Captured prisoners by looting keys droppes from Jailers.... yeah well obe time the drop ship came with no jailers..... also I realised that the drop ships won't come at all of you don't kill the enemies. 

The profit taker has this problem too.... it refused to spawn any Terra Mankers that drop Archgun Ammo.....

The Orb Mother..... no Coolant Raknoids....

The list goes on whether you're in a group or not.... 

Why does DE rely so much on this design method of tying everything to RNG ? If a mission requieres specific enemy types then it should guarantee those enemy types Spawn....

• Like 4

There's a lack of enemies in multiplayer missions at this point, the time to kill for warframe has gotten so high if anyone in your team isn't being hard carried you are virtually left with nothing to fight. DE need to up enemy spawns in general, though in your specific instance it might have more to do with just the really bad pathing because the ice tileset has always had a really ugly back and forth on that front. 

• Like 1

I join random pug Derelict Survival (game option set to pug). Guess what? I'm never matched with anyone so I solo for 40 minutes to 1.5 hours every single time. Awesome multiplayer experience on Derelict! It's a Derelict-only issue, but I'm farming those Mutagen Samples all by myself all the time...

On topic, in Derelict Survival while exploring and farming those Mutagen Samples, it's quite a tricky thing to keep life support up! You see... there's just not really many enemies dropping capsules (because there's often not many enemies). And unlike all other survivals, Derelict containers and lockers never drop them either! Fun!

But you know... This is a multiplayer game where the matchmaking always fails for Derelict for unknown reasons (unknown to me). Not too long ago, I did an experiment with someone on this forum. We made public Derelict Survival games but couldn't join each other's game. We were always solo. He made a bug report post.

How about endless relic missions where you end up solo even though you had a full squad initially? I mean, that can happen in a multiplayer game! I do love Interception missions. But there aren't enough enemies spawning to get 10 reactant in 1 round of Interception solo! Well, this has almost always been the case in my experience with Interception...

• Like 1

Its low to prevent people with snipers, shotguns, no energy regen and frames that suck at room clearing getting absolutely steamrolled. I cant remember which frame it was but back when i was starting out it was near impossible to clear some defence, mobile defence and survival missions solo I'd run out of ammo before i even reached the 1st extraction wave. (I complained about it and it was changed sometime later).

I dont think any changes currently should be made to solo mode because of that experience.

1 minute ago, CarrotSalad said:

Its low to prevent people with snipers, shotguns, no energy regen and frames that suck at room clearing getting absolutely steamrolled. I cant remember which frame it was but back when i was starting out it was near impossible to clear some defence, mobile defence and survival missions solo I'd run out of ammo before i even reached the 1st extraction wave. (I complained about it and it was changed sometime later).

I dont think any changes currently should be made to solo mode because of that experience.

Snipers and Shotguns are great roombas, unless you are running into level 15+ content with unmodded weapons/ MK1 Strun. If you are doing that, then thats on you.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Futarrari said:

DE said in a devstream awhile back when ask this , they dont like the idea of being able to solo play and have enemy spawns as if you was in a full 4 person squad .

Yep.  It's why I suggested using the Warframe Specters to help boost spawn rates a touch.  It wont get players the same numbers as a full team but it will at least double what you get on your own, and, it gives less experienced/equipped solo players the option to increase difficulty, if they want to.  

Il y a 10 heures, (NSW)Fiftycentis a dit :

I think it was pointed out so many times with no response that we stopped doing it

Precisely. 

Il y a 9 heures, MagPrime a dit :

Well, maybe have spawn rates react to specters like it does to teammates.  Want more spawns, drop a Warframe specter and have things spawn more.  

Just introdice a button or something i can click to say "I'm no longer mr 4 gimme enemjes to fight". Half the gripes i have with the game would instantly disappeared. 

• Like 2

il y a une heure, (XB1)Futarrari a dit :

DE said in a devstream awhile back when ask this , they dont like the idea of being able to solo play and have enemy spawns as if you was in a full 4 person squad .

But why? What exactly the idea behind this? Are busy players not allowed to have fun or something? 

Also i don't remember hearing anything of the sort but i have terrible memory. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Autongnosis said:

Just introdice a button or something i can click to say "I'm no longer mr 4 gimme enemjes to fight". Half the gripes i have with the game would instantly disappeared. 

City of Heroes has an NPC players go to and have their mission levels raised, so it's entirely possible to put that power in the players hands.  But, for some reason, DE doesn't wanna.  They seem to be determined to find entirely new ways of doing things, which I love, which is why I made the Specter suggestion. 

à l’instant, MagPrime a dit :

City of Heroes has an NPC players go to and have their mission levels raised, so it's entirely possible to put that power in the players hands.  But, for some reason, DE doesn't wanna.  They seem to be determined to find entirely new ways of doing things, which I love, which is why I made the Specter suggestion. 

To be blunt, the #*!% do i care about creativity at this point. 

I wouldn't be so rude if it wasn't for the fact that on top of not doing anything for the bullS#&$ solo spawns the hadn't also indirectly nerfed those same spawns by introducing AI changing and severely restricting access to appropriately weighted content... 

• Like 2

Just now, Autongnosis said:

To be blunt, the #*!% do i care about creativity at this point. 

I wouldn't be so rude if it wasn't for the fact that on top of not doing anything for the bullS#&$ solo spawns the hadn't also indirectly nerfed those same spawns by introducing AI changing and severely restricting access to appropriately weighted content... 

tbh I don't care either but that's because I either play with people or not at all, so solo spawns aren't a factor to me.

2 hours ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

I do remember the enemy spawn rate being decreased due to complaints about it being too high. 

I actually feel bad for DE a lot of times. Pleasing the left hand, pissing off the right.....

This issue can be fixed by not being greedy with the mods that would allow solo players to deal with these problems....

DE Definitely can't please everyone but this.... this doesn't even qualify.... they can totally fix this.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Futarrari said:

Then they are full of S#&$ because there are numerous scenarios where the game throws enemy after enemy at you despite being Solo....

49 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

Are busy players not allowed to have fun or something

Yep....

• Like 2

The Spawns at Solo Survivals is the killer without Enemy Radar, Primed Animal Instinct, and Enemy Sense. It only hurts the Team if the spawns go towards the Player that’s alone but Solo, only a slow rush of Enemies can make the LS drain become unbalanced very quickly. Running out of LS from slow kills is more understandable but running out of LS because only a few Enemies are coming towards you in every less than a couple Mins, not ok at all.

• Like 3