Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There's not enough people talking about the lack of enemies in solo endless missions

BloodyTides

How about a sniper mod, like 'frag bullet' or 'shrapnel bullet' or something like that which would turn sniper rifle hits into an AoE similar to an Electric Lanka except with Slash damage, dealing a percentage of the initial damage to the mobs caught in the AoE?

As a sniper main, this would fix this problem for me.

Currently the spawn rates are broken.

6 hours ago, nslay said:

I join random pug Derelict Survival (game option set to pug). Guess what? I'm never matched with anyone so I solo for 40 minutes to 1.5 hours every single time. Awesome multiplayer experience on Derelict! It's a Derelict-only issue, but I'm farming those Mutagen Samples all by myself all the time...

On topic, in Derelict Survival while exploring and farming those Mutagen Samples, it's quite a tricky thing to keep life support up! You see... there's just not really many enemies dropping capsules (because there's often not many enemies). And unlike all other survivals, Derelict containers and lockers never drop them either! Fun!

But you know... This is a multiplayer game where the matchmaking always fails for Derelict for unknown reasons (unknown to me). Not too long ago, I did an experiment with someone on this forum. We made public Derelict Survival games but couldn't join each other's game. We were always solo. He made a bug report post.

How about endless relic missions where you end up solo even though you had a full squad initially? I mean, that can happen in a multiplayer game! I do love Interception missions. But there aren't enough enemies spawning to get 10 reactant in 1 round of Interception solo! Well, this has almost always been the case in my experience with Interception...

Derelicts are key missions which AFAIK means you can't actually PUG them-same with Mutalist Alad V and a few others.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

But why? What exactly the idea behind this? Are busy players not allowed to have fun or something? 

Also i don't remember hearing anything of the sort but i have terrible memory. 

It was awhile back when they were doing a q&a , they didnt give a reason iirc they just said they didnt like the idea .

A little clarity on their stance on the subject would be nice .

• Like 1

il y a 43 minutes, (XB1)Futarrari a dit :

It was awhile back when they were doing a q&a , they didnt give a reason iirc they just said they didnt like the idea .

A little clarity on their stance on the subject would be nice .

Ye it would. People have been asking for it for years... 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

Ye it would. People have been asking for it for years... 

Remember that topic I made when Rebecca first showcased PoE?  It was about this very thing of adding option to increase number of enemies during solo.  

I haven't brought it up again because how badly one arsehole trolled the topic because he didn't like the idea.  

That was about two years ago.  😀 

Edited by DatDarkOne

il y a 19 minutes, DatDarkOne a dit :

Remember that topic I made when Rebecca first showcased PoE?  It was about this very thing of adding option to increase number of enemies during solo.  

I haven't brought it up again because how badly one arsehole trolled the topic because he didn't like the idea.  

That was about two years ago.  😀 

I might but my memory is getting worse by the day xD 

Still, there is also the incredible resistance from some players that baffles me, just like for level sliders. I mean, the heck do you care if they implement an option to play the game at lv 100? Or to get decent mob counts solo? It's like you're personally attacking them o.O

1 hour ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Got a solution to that 

This would literally fix the issue, and lower Mr players are protected..

This also would contribute to "endgame" because let's face it, it only truly exists when you're solo and all fire is concentrated on you.

Needs to be renamed "awesome mode" so even low MR players will be compelled to turn it on. 

21 hours ago, BloodyTides said:

Seriously, it took me around 25 minutes to complete the excavation sortie today, I was finding one enemy every 15 seconds and it was the most boring thing I've done in the game lately. Not to mention survival when you want to go for a long run and there's just not nearly enough enemies to keep a steady flow of life support even when using Nekros or Hydroid. I know they have mentioned this before but it needs to be fixed asap, it's literally game breaking.

It is a topic, but most people talk about it in terms of difficulty sliders instead.

How about a simple spawn multiplier for solo mode that we can arbitrarily input at our own risk and amusement? Let's say I want spawns for a hypothetical 10, nay 100, player game? If it crashes, it crashes...

vor 23 Stunden schrieb (NSW)Fiftycentis:

I think it was pointed out so many times with no response that we stopped doing it

This, people have been saying it since the implementation of survival back in 2014. DE doesn't want to give us the scaling of 4 players if we're alone in the missions.

My internet company is garbage, so I'm practically forced to solo most of the time.

I don't do certain mission types (like Excavation) now unless I'm forced to just because the spawns are so low that my sentinel/companion can handle them with ease. I have over 2k hours in this bloody game, so give me something to fight.

7 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

I might but my memory is getting worse by the day xD 

Still, there is also the incredible resistance from some players that baffles me, just like for level sliders. I mean, the heck do you care if they implement an option to play the game at lv 100? Or to get decent mob counts solo? It's like you're personally attacking them o.O

That's exactly what happened.  Guy was acting like I was hurting his Soul with my suggestion even though it wasn't going to effect him at all. 

17 hours ago, MagPrime said:

City of Heroes has an NPC players go to and have their mission levels raised, so it's entirely possible to put that power in the players hands.  But, for some reason, DE doesn't wanna.  They seem to be determined to find entirely new ways of doing things, which I love, which is why I made the Specter suggestion. 

And yet DE blatantly copies mechanics like battle passes and mobile timers. I agree that they innovate more than most but they are still guilty of 'borrowing' ideas from other games and refusing to add basic QoL features.

Would it really be that difficult to add a mission difficulty option when solo, or even a starting level option if you have completed specific challenges for that node? Maybe even some kind of node mastery that adds more customization options to keep the star chart challenging for veteran players.

DE could easily roll out node mastery on a planet by planet basis and it would add a ton of replay value over time without requiring much actual content. But like you said, they just don't want to for some reason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

And yet DE blatantly copies mechanics like battle passes and mobile timers. I agree that they innovate more than most but they are still guilty of 'borrowing' ideas from other games and refusing to add basic QoL features.

Would it really be that difficult to add a mission difficulty option when solo, or even a starting level option if you have completed specific challenges for that node? Maybe even some kind of node mastery that adds more customization options to keep the star chart challenging for veteran players.

DE could easily roll out node mastery on a planet by planet basis and it would add a ton of replay value over time without requiring much actual content. But like you said, they just don't want to for some reason.

Moving forward is a much better option, that's why. Veteran players, if given harder nodes like mastery nodes similar to nightmare nodes, will simply complain about lack of rewards associated with them. Now, creative rewards need to be designed...which would be met with meta/balancing complainers. DE is trying to please masters of the game with up to 2190 DAYS(!!!!!) of experience. The solution is not to make the same elements they've mastered harder. The answer is to create new arcs, lores and missions that allow increased difficulty to make sense. Current factions can't handle the OP super ninjas so they must adapt.

Edited by (PS4)GEN-Son_17
Grammar error

On ‎19‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 8:35 PM, BloodyTides said:

I know they have mentioned this before but it needs to be fixed asap, it's literally game breaking.

totally agree.  a while back a guy had an interesting idea: enemy beacons: basically a deployable gear item that mimicks an SOS signal for the current faction you're fighting, which would cause more enemies to spawn. by making it a gear item, you would actively be able to choose at will whether you want tons of mobs or not. I love this idea, and I bring it up whenever anyone mentions the lack of solo spawns.

it's funny, because it seems like when you actually want a slightly quieter game, you get swamped. like yesterday, took a friend Sola Toroid Farming, hardly any spawns with 2 of us. went there later on solo, got absolutely overrun. there's no consistency, but with a gear item the player has to deploy themselves, you can get that without having to go public.

and for anyone worried about forcing more spawns onto other players, this item could be made usable only whilst solo. of course one can always ask in chat if more spawns are desired as well.

On 2019-06-19 at 1:03 PM, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Yeah it's frustrating. I'd love to do arbitrations solo but the heavily decreased enemy spawn is just horrible.

I always had a "squad mode" setting in mind, that you can tick in the settings (maybe after a certain Mr rank?)..

If ticked, the enemy spawn is set to 4 players always if you're hosting. So even if a scrub (sorry) leaves after the first rotation the enemy spawn still is set to 4 people.

I remember a host migration bug that caused this on hydron and I actually was challenged to protect the pod, almost didn't make it. That was really fun.

you can do Arbi's solo in survival. If you go from Life support to life support you wont run out of air. I think you can do the mode with out killing as 1 drops after the next.

I've done it more then once with operator and umbra combo for fun and never ran out of air. 

disclaimer I stopped at 1 hour all 3 times I went solo, so who knows way up there if it changes?

Just came back after some time away, and thought I was losing my mind. Went 40 minutes in a solo survival Arbitration and was thinking, are the spawns crazy light, did they reduce spawns while I was away? Map had 2 of the best tiles for a survival, so I was thinking I would do an hour. Nope standing around twiddling my thumbs is not fun game play.

I will give credit to DE though they have mastered the art of content that punishes you for missing it because real life got in the way. 

I was shocked that Itzal drones still do not play well in underwater tiles. Do they ever plan to fix that?

Auto block and channel on a toggle make me a sad Tenno. I miss having full control of my block and channel, and toggled anything just irritates me a little. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, symisz said:

so i've bought a booster but it only worked for once, seems like an update has changed things. i get one fourth of the drop i once got.

Boosters don't effect spawns, only credits, resources, drop chances and affinity.