Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Afraid Of An Empty Game And De/wfs Future

Mainabi

Reading all these Threads, (Feedback threads, general discussion) seeing well known faces, and people who really supported the game, not only by buying plat, also by helping the devs with translations, summaries and active bug and feedback records.

The Community gets louder and much more disappointed, so much that I'm starting to be scared about Warframes future, it looks good, but that's all, it's all skindeep and shiny, but the core is lacking.

I mean I've never seen a f2p game with so many people loving the game, to the point that they care so much and write letters, trying to be patient, It's bittersweet and sad. 

Leaving Warframe is harder than most other games, simply because people like the game somehow it had something unique, it had charm, or how shall I say, it had magic. (ye ye sounds &#036;&amp;*&amp;*#(%&amp; tsssh >.<!)

But now back to be more serious. in U6/7, the community was rather calm, patient and it really looked like the Devs wanted to make a game for us and themself, right now the shouts are 50x louder than before, people are scared, people love the game, they don't want to see DE turn into G1, Gameforge or alaplaya. It really seemed like even the hardcore players are tired, tired of supporting DE in any ways, simply because they feel pretty much played with, ignored sometimes.

Steve said it himself, the game is nothing without the community, but the community which tries to support the game is starting to get less, the entry level for newbies was too high, (with that stamina nerf it even felt way more slow, so slow that you could play any other tps and you had more fun because you knew at least why and what you're doing, at least you've reverted some changes back which is really nice in 24h right? pretty neat, no need to react and fix everything in 24h, but listen like that!)

Atm, I really feel like too much is like: say say say, but it doesn't feel like do do do! I for myself feel pretty much misleaded, especially since DE sometimes shut downs the communication, there is sometime absolutely NO communication (good examples: stamina change, Melee Slide attack).

The newest Livestream was good, I admit it, it was very informative, yes it's not as much joky loly as the previous ones, but it really looked like you had a plan you knew what you were doing and I personally enjoyed it because it also answered lots of questions (not everything still missing the core questions, but at least it got better), that's really good keep that up, now you should know what you're doing as a whole team, yes I can understand that you guys don't work at the same stuff, but in the livestreams it feelt like the communication also lacks for you. I'm not sure I might be wrong (I hope I'm wrong)

Right Now I'm just afraid, I just hope you manage to turn back and win the trust of your fans again, and keep it, for myself I lost that trust, I'm not leaving but I won't expect much anymore, I will try to keep up with your infos etc but that's pretty much all. I still do have hope...

Nonetheless I want to thank Matt, Juan, Seline, Will, James, Sandra, Timo for the great Support, you're the best (honestly you're even better than the Riot Support and that means a lot, you really care for your players) also I want to thank Rebecca and Megan, for beeing DE's chinese walls, really professional not to snap for me beeing complaining so much and for that rage and anger on the forums, Also thank you Sheldon for wearing the -EGT- T-Shirt on the 13rd livestream but honestly you need to learn to count 4 fingers aren't 2 xP, no honestly I like you you're entertaining, also I want to thank Glen for his hardwork fixing and doing Scripts, and Steve don't know I've got mixxed feelings about you, I'm confused what I should think you, cheer for you? or hate you? (okay hate is a strong word but I know you know what I mean) just keep fighting!

Well... that got pretty long I just kept writing down what I was thinking, my apologies but I had to write it down, feels good at least to speak that out, I just hope you keep your promise for fixing melee and adding a combo system.

Greetings Seira

PS: I know my english is S#&$, I'm tired and I was venting sowwie >.<! but if you want to play grammar nazi feel free to, rewrite it, send me the copy I'll post it and credit you kay :3?

Edited by Seira-EGT-

I feel as if you're fear mongering right here. People make mistakes. People learn from these mistakes. Even through these mistakes, I don't get what is so hard about taking a little break to come back fresh. People are burning out, partly because of the game, but mostly because people play these games for 400 hours, usually for 5 hours a day, and then complain that they're not being spoon fed content. You say they lost trust but don't state exactly how you believe they lost trust. I burnt myself out after the double exp weekend. That is because I bought a founders package, leveled from around mastery rank 4-7, forma'd my nova 6 times, got lanka, forma'd that twice, got vasto, formad that 4 times, got reaper prime, and forma'd that 4 times as well. I completely burnt myself out and waited until the game was fresh again to me to come back. They make some mistakes in regards to balancing, but a game takes years to be balanced, not one year. Look at DOTA. It is a game with over 10 years of development and it still gets balance tweets all of the time. DE will have their missteps, but they need your trust as a fan, not the fear mongering that stirs up a community negatively and makes the trust in them be questioned. 

I feel as if you're fear mongering right here. People make mistakes. People learn from these mistakes. Even through these mistakes, I don't get what is so hard about taking a little break to come back fresh. People are burning out, partly because of the game, but mostly because people play these games for 400 hours, usually for 5 hours a day, and then complain that they're not being spoon fed content. You say they lost trust but don't state exactly how you believe they lost trust. I burnt myself out after the double exp weekend. That is because I bought a founders package, leveled from around mastery rank 4-7, forma'd my nova 6 times, got lanka, forma'd that twice, got vasto, formad that 4 times, got reaper prime, and forma'd that 4 times as well. I completely burnt myself out and waited until the game was fresh again to me to come back. They make some mistakes in regards to balancing, but a game takes years to be balanced, not one year. Look at DOTA. It is a game with over 10 years of development and it still gets balance tweets all of the time. DE will have their missteps, but they need your trust as a fan, not the fear mongering that stirs up a community negatively and makes the trust in them be questioned. 

I can't talk for everyone I also won't I have 700h+ on this game I barely complain about the content in all honesty I can't even care about the end content, melee combat for myself isn't fun at all, just look at S4 League, melee and gunplay is fun there, stamina works (okay yes it's a pvp game but w/e the feel from the melee and stamina is way better)

as you can see in WeissKreuz's Thread or Ced23Rics Thread they're not complaining about content, and the replies there aren't about content neither, many are complaining about not fixing stuff, not or even give us insight in some stuff, for example what are you actually doing for armor? are you tryign to code? are you in the brainstorming phase? etc etc, people are complaining that stuff that needs fix doesn't get a fix, meanwhile we get thrown with content, I don't say no to content, but I say no to that kind of content, to pretend everythings fine, someone said you can't build a tower without a foundation, the foundation in warframe is still broken, abilities don't work how they should, example volt: De describes that wf as an alternative combat frame to gunplay, but nothing's like that, the cooldown only system doesn't work, the energy only system doesn't rly work neither. at least not how they expected. (I'm not a volt fan btw, but that's still something I see)

of course we care, it is not even about the money.

For example i don't wanna farm forma bps - it is easier for me to buy them. But i don't see a reason why. To max next weapon? what is next? nothing?

for nothing i will do nothing.

that's also something we need to talk about, why are the droprates so messed up? a normal human beeing should learn from their mistakes, did they read that pwnatron stopped caring and playing warframe so they weren't afraid of droprates anymore?

I'm fine if forma doesn't have a droprate of 50% but at least a reasonable chance would be fine, I mean cmon 0.67% even PSO2 is nicer to you.

so I really don't understand why are the rates like this, and not only the forma bp is a problem, new clantech stuff are simply overpriced with forma, I'm fine with 15 mutagen masses, (honestly I'm really fine since mutagen samples drop at least in controlled amounts unlike forma which is pure lottery)

I can only understand why people refuse to buy more platinum, I really understand, I'm starting to say no to platinum.

Edited by Seira-EGT-

DE can still save this game they just have to make it from our perspective. 

save it?  where  is it going down? wtf?

i hate  some of the people in this community you  know?

warframe is the only company where  devs listen and adjust according to the needs and wants of their player base.

you see blizzard or Aion doing this  crap? no.  

get a grip people.

warframe is the only company where  devs listen and adjust according to the needs and wants of their player base.

get a grip people.

Just because another company doesn't listen to their player base, doesn't mean the instant one does makes them untouchable and flawless.

" get a grip people."

You said it best. Get a grip.

get a grip people.

actually aion/ncsoft did, that's why it got turned into PvE for a long time, but they just didn't respond or warned anyone, 

I'm simply afraid that DE doesn't even know what they're doing right now, the launch is in 2months, do you think they can fix the stuff what should've been fixxed 5months ago?

as I said I'm not sure what to think about DE

Edited by Seira-EGT-

actually aion/ncsoft did, that's why it got turned into PvE for a long time, but they just didn't respond or warned anyone, 

I'm simply afraid that DE doesn't even know what they're doing right now, the launch is in 2months, do you think they can fix the stuff what should've been fixxed 5months ago?

as I said I'm not sure what to think about DE

you're overeacting.>.<

and sorry for the late reply I wasn't sure to reply calmly about that, dota has it's core dota 2 core also works, starcraft 2 core also works, it's the core that works for them, warframe core doesn't rly work how it should work in 2 months (launch day) tweeks and balances are fine perfectly fine, but breaking down something rendering something totally useless (parry, melee, movement, crappy wallrunning the feel which isn't right and fluid)

you're overeacting.>.<

because I love the game, I can't keep calm about stuff I love ;)

and sorry for the late reply I wasn't sure to reply calmly about that, dota has it's core dota 2 core also works, starcraft 2 core also works, it's the core that works for them, warframe core doesn't rly work how it should work in 2 months (launch day) tweeks and balances are fine perfectly fine, but breaking down something rendering something totally useless (parry, melee, movement, crappy wallrunning the feel which isn't right and fluid)

because I love the game, I can't keep calm about stuff I love ;)

as scott  said and mentioned there are people that whisper and tell him that they love this game and love U10

the majority of people  love U10. Sooo   i dont see this game goign anywhere anytime soon.

devs are stronger better than this. they're not  going to be easily intimidated, provoked by whinners, and complainers

they will balance, hotfix like they been doing though  cuz they're  probably the  fairest devs i've ever known >.<

speak for yourself lol.

What? I'm saying, open your eyes a little, look at the mistakes DE keeps making over and over. The void with forma. Diluted drop tables. Grindwalls. MASSIVELY overcosted crafting prices.

as scott  said and mentioned there are people that whisper and tell him that they love this game and love U10

TBH, the people who whisper "i <3 DE" Are really a problem in a way, they (the devs) see too much of that and go "Hmmm think we're doing almost everything fine, people don't seem to care about the bugs too much and whatnot." until massive forum rage like we've had.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

I'm not too concerned for the future of the game. The most vocal critics of the game right now are the players who have been around for a long, long time. They've essentially extracted every ounce of entertainment from the game, and all that's left for them to do is obsess over getting every new item. A point is approaching where they may not be able to keep pace with the release of new content, and while I understand that's frustrating, it's somehting DE has talked about doing for a long time -- making new content last long enough for them to get more new content out the door, instead of having a large gap between content releases where players have little to work toward.

It's not the end of the world. It's just a shift. New players come in all the time, and the PS4 release will bring a huge influx of players. Those players won't have the same frame of reference, and they'll enjoy Warframe with fresh eyes. They won't be chasing every new content pack like an oasis in the desert, because there are simply too many weapons for them to catch up with.

Warframe has its share of problems, but I don't think the grind is the game-killer some people are making it out to be. The game has always been about co-operative grinding. That's fine with me. If something requires more grind than I'm willing to endure, I skip it. It's that simple. Each player is free to decide how to spend their time. If that means retiring from this game, so be it.

It's good that players care, but getting so invested that your perspective demands things go your way or the game is "doomed" is unhealthy for the player, the community, and the game.

What? I'm saying, open your eyes a little, look at the mistakes DE keeps making over and over. The void with forma. Diluted drop tables. Grindwalls. MASSIVELY overcosted crafting prices.

TBH, the people who whisper "i <3 DE" Are really a problem in a way, they (the devs) see too much of that and go "Hmmm think we're doing almost everything fine, people don't seem to care about the bugs too much and whatnot." until massive forum rage like we've had.

are you kidding me? this is nothing compared to the blunders from other companies.     i would love to share you the  time that a game called dfo was around and  people  who pvped had to have their ranked reset to 0 cuz there were hackers. but that be a waste of time.

its people like you  that complain and only point out the negative that  cuz the fall of a game cuz  theres just no pleasing.

the majority of people  love U10. Sooo   i dont see this game goign anywhere anytime soon.

devs are stronger better than this. they're not  going to be easily intimidated, provoked by whinners, and complainers

they will balance, hotfix like they been doing though  cuz they're  probably the  fairest devs i've ever known >.<

for me u10 is hatelove I hate the overpriced stuff, I'm fine if the price is deserved if the stuff are really that good but it isn't

the boss looks cool that's all, no challenge, (increase the attackspeed by x4 and movement speed by 3, disable all no4 abilties for frames, and make it cc immune, label him as hardmode, and let him drop other stuff than bps, for example materials, or maybe a very low chance to drop forma, or high chance for a corrupted corma that needs to be cleansed with something you might find in okay amounts on normal void mobs)

but I have to admit the map is gorgerous survival is more fun than exterminate, etc, the update isn't bad, but core mechanics are still missing, they said the work on armor but I'd like to know what are they working at, so I don't have to worry it ends up like Duke Nukem Forever (when it's done S#&$)

I'm not too concerned for the future of the game. The most vocal critics of the game right now are the players who have been around for a long, long time. They've essentially extracted every ounce of entertainment from the game, and all that's left for them to do is obsess over getting every new item. A point is approaching where they may not be able to keep pace with the release of new content, and while I understand that's frustrating, it's somehting DE has talked about doing for a long time -- making new content last long enough for them to get more new content out the door, instead of having a large gap between content releases where players have little to work toward.

It's not the end of the world. It's just a shift. New players come in all the time, and the PS4 release will bring a huge influx of players. Those players won't have the same frame of reference, and they'll enjoy Warframe with fresh eyes. They won't be chasing every new content pack like an oasis in the desert, because there are simply too many weapons for them to catch up with.

Warframe has its share of problems, but I don't think the grind is the game-killer some people are making it out to be. The game has always been about co-operative grinding. That's fine with me. If something requires more grind than I'm willing to endure, I skip it. It's that simple. Each player is free to decide how to spend their time. If that means retiring from this game, so be it.

It's good that players care, but getting so invested that your perspective demands things go your way or the game is "doomed" is unhealthy for the player, the community, and the game.

to point 1 my clan egt, has really many players but some of them are also only complaining about the core mechanics,

I also tried to let people play the game, note not only hardcore gamers, first or second time gamers, girls and guys alike, almost all of them dropped the game, simply because they don't know what's going on, having someone guide you through the game is a hassle, I mean even I don't rly know why I have to capture this target why do I have to kill that, just because it's a little bit scary? why do I have to kill everyone on this ship asteroids?

questions, not knowing what's rly going on why you do something, dark souls kept you in the dark but with the challenging and FAIR gameplay people still managed to get through it, also the story was barely explained yet when it got explained it gave the aaah moment, I don't have it here, I don't know why I'm helping lotus I don't like lotus I want to work alone or at least for my clan only. because I don't know what lotus is I don't know why I'm helping lotus so I prefer it that way, I have no relationship to lotus as a tenno.

and for point 2 I'm afraid, wallrunning simply doesn't feel right, warframe will get a mediocore score on the ps4 people see a ninja game with guns so they expect stealthy stuff, with melee combat and guns as extra, melee simply doesn't work, you can do SOME parkour but as a console and pc gamer who played mirrors edge, battlefied, AC etc, the movement system wallrunning etc feels CLUNKY not RESPONSIVE, SLOW and absolutely not natural.

to point 3 I also don't think grind is a problem I don't mind grind at all, I could grind 30h nonstop the same spot on aion (which I did because I was bored) it's simply as I said the core, it feels wrong Warframe feels wrong to some points, movement doesn't feel right, stamina is rather a hinderance using stamina is a hassle, not an extra someone made a thread about stamina, he had wonderful ideas.

DE says warframe is a fast paced COOP shooter, but as a new player it feels super slow, you don't even notice that there's parkour movement, and coop? shooting together that's pretty much all about coop I miss the coop aspect, even borderlands 1 and 2 had better coop although it was just pew pew, enemies at least scaled and the rewards got better thanks to that.

point 4 I agree that too much customer care baby sitting isn't good, but as I said it also doesn't look neither that DE knows what they're doing, shifts, patch control,  devs section not communicating with each other or at least forgetting what they've done, that can't be good neither, DE needs a goal. but right now it looks like DE has a crew with crews that has different goals and then they get in with the community it gets complicated and nobody rly knows what they're doing

Edited by Seira-EGT-

are you kidding me? this is nothing compared to the blunders from other companies.     i would love to share you the  time that a game called dfo was around and  people  who pvped had to have their ranked reset to 0 cuz there were hackers. but that be a waste of time.

its people like you  that complain and only point out the negative that  cuz the fall of a game cuz  theres just no pleasing.

"are you kidding me? this is nothing compared to the blunders from other companies."

I don't care. They messed up, whoop dee doo. Again, you're assuming that just because other things are worse, that something has to be even worse to be bad. That's like saying "This guy killed 10 people, but that guy only killed 1, so he's not bad"

"its people like you  that complain and only point out the negative that  cuz the fall of a game cuz  theres just no pleasing."

Why do I point out the negative? Because it stuff that needs to be fixed. I didn't come to the forums to gush over DE and how great they are and how they can do no wrong.

"are you kidding me? this is nothing compared to the blunders from other companies."

I don't care. They messed up, whoop dee doo. Again, you're assuming that just because other things are worse, that something has to be even worse to be bad. That's like saying "This guy killed 10 people, but that guy only killed 1, so he's not bad"

"its people like you  that complain and only point out the negative that  cuz the fall of a game cuz  theres just no pleasing."

Why do I point out the negative? Because it stuff that needs to be fixed. I didn't come to the forums to gush over DE and how great they are and how they can do no wrong.

you apparently dont know meaning of hard work and the value of time and effort clearly.