Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr killed has arrived

NoLazyShadow

22 часа назад, Chewarette сказал:

But she is... not meant to be in eternal Hysteria. Just like Baruuk is not really meant to be in eternal 4.

Aka you only meant to play just like those awesome totaly not biased devs on trash sub lv 50 or 70 missions, cause hey we balance the game around lv 30. But then we also have napalms, hyekkas, bombards, heavy gunners, hyenas and all of the Corpus capable of one shotting most warframes at lv 100 and above, or kill most warframe in seconds depending on the mods from lv 50 or 70.

But yeah youre not meant to do that, totaly not meant to neither enjoy yourself or the game with that one warframe that only has Melee range based Exalted Weapon as its shtick and is incapable of both mass murder in a press of one button and doing most objective related missions on its own. So enjoy by all means. 

11 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Aka you only meant to play just like those awesome totaly not biased devs on trash sub lv 50 or 70 missions, cause hey we balance the game around lv 30. But then we also have napalms, hyekkas, bombards, heavy gunners, hyenas and all of the Corpus capable of one shotting most warframes at lv 100 and above, or kill most warframe in seconds depending on the mods from lv 50 or 70.

But yeah youre not meant to do that, totaly not meant to neither enjoy yourself or the game with that one warframe that only has Melee range based Exalted Weapon as its shtick and is incapable of both mass murder in a press of one button and doing most objective related missions on its own. So enjoy by all means. 

If a Bombard lvl 100 kills your Valkyr without Hysteria, you're the problem though

Valkyr's eternal war will get one-shotted by nearly nothing until the stupidly high levels. And if you know you'll be running head first inside a room with 20 toxic ancients lvl 400, you're supposed to anticipate that and hit 4 before, like, dying. That's even worse you're talking about Bombards and Napalms as their missiles are slow af, you have plenty of time to activate 4 if you know this will kill you.

tl;dr Valkyr's survivability is fine, that looks like a "you" problem

• Like 1

I used to play Valkyr a lot until I realized she is simply weak in compare to many other frames.
Survivability? - Inaros, Gara, Wukong, Hydroid, Rhino, Atlas and many others do it much better and are not limited to short ranged goofy claws.
Damage? - Gara, Banshee, Saryn, Ash, Garuda, Nova, Mag, Equinox and many others do it better
Team buffs? - Harrow, Octavia, Wisp, Rhino do it better
CC? - do I even have to comment?
Exalted weapon? - she has the worst one - short range, goofy stance, low damage

I don't say she is useless, she is just outdated and could use some polish here and there to make her a viable choice.
She has been a viable choice not before Wukong rework but before Inaros appeared. Her only strengths were Warcry, Hysteria and high armor value.
Hysteria has been nerfed. Armor has a softcap. Inaros made her cry in corner. Then Gara. Revenant. Now Wukung. For warcry - Octavia appeared, Harrow now Wisp.

Valkyr needs a rework too, along with all old warframes. The new frames (and well reworked frames) are simply too strong in compare to old ones. (and instead of buffing the old ones, DE decides to nerf them ...... *coughs* Ivara's Cloak Arrow *coughs* Ember's WoF *coughs* Banshee's Quake *coughs* Nezha's Warding Halo *coughs* Trinity's Blessing *coughs* Zephyr's Turbulence *coughs and dies coughing* ...)

• Like 1

On 2019-06-20 at 3:49 AM, NoLazyShadow said:

What I can say? Wukong rework is really good! I like it. He's still an immortal monkey with a stick, but now he's strong, useable and can rip and tear using all 4 skills. I can't say the same about Valkyr. She's forgoten, heavly outdated and in need of a rework for years. Half of her skillset is useless, she need at least 3 augments to be useable with all 4 skill. But now nobody gonna play her - we got another frame that do everything she could, but better. God damn it, DE, when you stop ignoring Valk and gave her love she deserve...

That’s a funny way to spell “NYX”.

44 минуты назад, Sanxxieh сказал:

I used to play Valkyr a lot until I realized she is simply weak in compare to many other frames.
Survivability? - Inaros, Gara, Wukong, Hydroid, Rhino, Atlas and many others do it much better and are not limited to short ranged goofy claws.
Damage? - Gara, Banshee, Saryn, Ash, Garuda, Nova, Mag, Equinox and many others do it better
Team buffs? - Harrow, Octavia, Wisp, Rhino do it better
CC? - do I even have to comment?
Exalted weapon? - she has the worst one - short range, goofy stance, low damage

You forgot to mention god mode - too many drawbacks mixed with short ranged exalted weapon that have no way to close gap without augment

1 час назад, (XB1)Demon Intellect сказал:

Dudes clearly not going to get it if he thinks shes useless, he probably thinks Mesa is garbage because you cant stay in peacemaker all day.

Ahem. The only problem Mesa have - her first ability. Outside of that she's a solid frame.

1 час назад, (XB1)Demon Intellect сказал:

Valkyr used to be able to maintain her 4 pretty much indefinitely

Yea, no. Before Update 13 killed her(melee 2.0) Hysteria was duration based. After hysteria rework and before the nerfs - yea...she was op. But I never was a fan of god mode.

4 hours ago, Chewarette said:

I'm sorry but then you have to rework 39 Warframes. Yes, 39. Because none of them is useful as long as you have an Operator and a CL Dagger.

That isnt really what I said though. I dont even understand how you got to that completely ass backwards conclussion. I mean I'm mindblown atm at that comment.

My comparison was between CL and Hysteria, both being extremely bad and slow solutions to any encounter unless you get into absurdly high levels. They both just add pointless overkill damage in 99% of the content, 1 target at a time. In content where a regular melee approach would wipe out several times more enemies in the same timeframe.

My point is that Hysteria brings nothing useful to the table until you get very high up in the levels. Perma invulnerability is completely pointless, just as it was on Defy, the life leech is meaningless in most cases and the reach of her claws is so narrow it is silly. Her exalted weapon does nothing that a regular weapon based EW Valkyr cant do, which is surviving massive punishment and sustaining the health. The EW Valk will also have the bonus of being able to clear full rooms in a far shorter time than Hyst Valk.

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

My point is that Hysteria brings nothing useful to the table until you get very high up in the levels. Perma invulnerability is completely pointless, just as it was on Defy, the life leech is meaningless in most cases and the reach of her claws is so narrow it is silly. Her exalted weapon does nothing that a regular weapon based EW Valkyr cant do, which is surviving massive punishment and sustaining the health. The EW Valk will also have the bonus of being able to clear full rooms in a far shorter time than Hyst Valk.

And once again, Valkyr is not meant/supposed to be in permanent Hysteria state. Hysteria is supposed to be that oh-S#&$ button to tank incoming damage or heal yourself back to full. That's the intended design from DE, and it works hella fine.

Because even with eternal war / 3k armor / adaptation, you'll still take damage in the end. May it be 1 damage at a time, 800 times later you're low life. What are you supposed to do ? 4, heal yourself, go back to your regular Melee. Or as I said, if you know you'll take significant damage soon, you activate 4 to tank that peacefully.

I mean... Hysteria. HYSTERIA.

Anyway. Once again the main argument here is that Hysteria sucks for lvl 10- content. Like we give a damn. "Oh noes Hysteria sucks because it adds tons of overkill on the Earth while any random melee can do better". Yeah, no melee is useful in this game as Saryn and Equinox can definitely do better. Can we start talking about any relevant content ? I'm really happy having Hysteria to instantly remove an Eximus Nox from existence in Arbitrations. Or to heal myself without having to sit in Operator's Void Mode for 5 seconds. That's Hysteria's goal. It's not meant to be a permanent state.

You're all asking for a rework for whatever reason I still don't get, the only rework you'd ever get is a Baruuk-style rework, where taking damage increases a counter you get to spend Hysteria on. Which would be a lot more limited than what we have today, but I can guarantee this is the only rework DE can think about as of today as they love their "gauge-things" to replace Energy.

12 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

enemies that players do not regularly face

That argument renders most abilities pointless.  Enemies that players "regularly face" are little challenge with a maxed Vitality and a decent weapon.

You need to actually explain your statement

Adaptation and the Umbral mods allow her to be nigh indestructible doing regular content and to go pretty far in arbitrations and such.  Throw on Endless War and go to town.  Hysteria if you get low health.  I'm a big fan of Natural Talent to pop into Hysteria for heals and to stun beefier enemies quickly.

You yourself fully admitted to not being a fan of the nerf.

Yeah I think it was pointless pandering that made her nigh unplayable for most players for a long time.

So I don't know why you're defending it

Because I accept that there are players that will never tolerate anything they view as "OP" and it kept what I think is a fun ability at least somewhat intact.  Better it be exclusive to maxed gear or used infrequently than having it removed entirely which is what you're advocating.

3 hours ago, PatternistSlave said:

That argument renders most abilities pointless.  Enemies that players "regularly face" are little challenge with a maxed Vitality and a decent weapon.

No, my argument included a specific enemy level and above.  Quoting like this misrepresents my argument as a whole.  Don't do this.

Adaptation and the Umbral mods allow her to be nigh indestructible doing regular content and to go pretty far in arbitrations and such.  Throw on Endless War and go to town.  Hysteria if you get low health.  I'm a big fan of Natural Talent to pop into Hysteria for heals and to stun beefier enemies quickly.

Your original reply to me stated that said mods "opens up" things for her.  I don't see how making her better at the thing she already does opens the doors to anything for her.  And i'm confused on how that would in anyway attempt to counter my point about her not doing enough as a melee frame.  Which has been my stance this entire time.

Yeah I think it was pointless pandering that made her nigh unplayable for most players for a long time.

Because I accept that there are players that will never tolerate anything they view as "OP" and it kept what I think is a fun ability at least somewhat intact.  Better it be exclusive to maxed gear or used infrequently than having it removed entirely which is what you're advocating.

The only people I know who think her 4 is "op" are people who dislike invincibility as a whole and increasing the drain didn't change anything for their view.  Also no, I didn't advocate for it's removal.  I suggested that they could potentially add a mechanic to temper said drain.  Which would make her kit feel more interactive and make the increased drain feel less...heavy handed.

Edited by (XB1)Knight Raime

1 minute ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Don't do this.

You ain't the boss of me.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

I don't see how making her better at the thing she already does opens the doors to anything for her.

Made her much more usable, which is what you were complaining about, no?

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

i'm confused on how that would in anyway attempt to counter my point about her not doing enough as a melee frame.

Which brings us back to what I was saying about a more straightforward kit.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

The only people I know who think her 4 is "op" are people who dislike invincibility as a whole and increasing the drain didn't change anything for their view.

Well maybe you weren't around at the time, but they whined about it constantly and were plenty satisfied with her being relegated to nigh unplayable.  It's not just invincibility.  They get upset about all types of abilities at pretty much random.  Valkyr was somewhat unique actually.  Usually it's AOE that gets them all worked up.

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

no, I didn't advocate for it's removal

Well professing Nidus and Wukong to be superior alternatives when their abilities are much more limited sure made it sound like it.

9 hours ago, NoLazyShadow said:

Ahem. The only problem Mesa have - her first ability. Outside of that she's a solid frame.

Yea, no. Before Update 13 killed her(melee 2.0) Hysteria was duration based. After hysteria rework and before the nerfs - yea...she was op. But I never was a fan of god mode.

So you argued with me because? You literally just confirmed what I said by trying to prove me wrong.

7 hours ago, Chewarette said:

And once again, Valkyr is not meant/supposed to be in permanent Hysteria state. Hysteria is supposed to be that oh-S#&$ button to tank incoming damage or heal yourself back to full. That's the intended design from DE, and it works hella fine.

Because even with eternal war / 3k armor / adaptation, you'll still take damage in the end. May it be 1 damage at a time, 800 times later you're low life. What are you supposed to do ? 4, heal yourself, go back to your regular Melee. Or as I said, if you know you'll take significant damage soon, you activate 4 to tank that peacefully.

I mean... Hysteria. HYSTERIA.

Anyway. Once again the main argument here is that Hysteria sucks for lvl 10- content. Like we give a damn. "Oh noes Hysteria sucks because it adds tons of overkill on the Earth while any random melee can do better". Yeah, no melee is useful in this game as Saryn and Equinox can definitely do better. Can we start talking about any relevant content ? I'm really happy having Hysteria to instantly remove an Eximus Nox from existence in Arbitrations. Or to heal myself without having to sit in Operator's Void Mode for 5 seconds. That's Hysteria's goal. It's not meant to be a permanent state.

You're all asking for a rework for whatever reason I still don't get, the only rework you'd ever get is a Baruuk-style rework, where taking damage increases a counter you get to spend Hysteria on. Which would be a lot more limited than what we have today, but I can guarantee this is the only rework DE can think about as of today as they love their "gauge-things" to replace Energy.

That is your idea of Hysteria. Because it is very easy to build around and maintain it 24/7. Swapping in and out is pointless when you can already do what little it fullfills in other builds. Plus the animation time of it is so freakin slow it doesnt work well as an "oh S#&$!" button to begin with. The point of Hysteria is building a very durable valkyr without having to invest in health or other things. The problem is that the drawbacks are simply greater with the extremely short range aswell as the ever building self damage when you exit. It simply isnt suited for the "pop in, pop out" kinda deal because you need to wipe the area or find cover before exiting again incase the stack is high.

And this was all in regards to high level content, since you jumped in on a post where we talked about enemies in the level 150ish area. What kinda operator do you have that needs 5 seconds to heal to full? Plus I cant even recall the last time I used Hysteria outside of a full Hysteria build in higher content.

Also, what love for "gauge-things"? They introduced it on one single frame as of late, with Nidus being the first one.

edit: And another thing, she is based around berserkers, so your whole "Valkyr is not meant/supposed to be in permanent Hysteria state" is b and s. Hysteria is often one of those states that you simply cannot control for a given moment of time, much like how berserker rage went on either till their "friends" stopped them or they collapsed cos the body couldnt take any more.

Edited by SneakyErvin

On 2019-06-20 at 3:06 AM, Chewarette said:

You're asking what Hysteria brings that is unique, while denying "invulnerability + insane life leech" is a thing.

Invulnerability+sustain isn't unique to Valkyr. Wisp does the same invulnerability+sustain thing, Wisp also buffs allies' movement/gun/melee speed, as well as provide HP and HP/S in place of armor, she even has CC that follows allies. She has her own movement ability, leaving the only thing Valk has that Wisp doesn't is an Exalted Weapon, but even then, people in favor of it only say it's useful for damage avoidance and to get back to full hp.

Being out shined also does not mean useless all around. All Warframes by default are "useful" for most of the game due to the low difficulty of most things, although with her current kit she is useless in any scenario where melee can't be used.

On 2019-06-20 at 4:49 AM, NoLazyShadow said:

What I can say? Wukong rework is really good! I like it. He's still an immortal monkey with a stick, but now he's strong, useable and can rip and tear using all 4 skills. I can't say the same about Valkyr. She's forgoten, heavly outdated and in need of a rework for years. Half of her skillset is useless, she need at least 3 augments to be useable with all 4 skill. But now nobody gonna play her - we got another frame that do everything she could, but better. God damn it, DE, when you stop ignoring Valk and gave her love she deserve...

You don't change perfection, dude... Valkyr is a beast and should stay this way for all generations to behold and awe

Edited by Qmiras
Finger too fat, too many keys at once

6 hours ago, PatternistSlave said:

You ain't the boss of me.

Fine, please don't misquote my responses.  It misrepresents my position and in most instances makes me argue something else rather than the original point of said statement.

Made her much more usable, which is what you were complaining about, no?

No, as I explained to the person I first quoted in this thread I don't think she's useless in the literal sense.  (as everything is viable.)  My problem which I stated in my last quote to you is I don't think she does enough.

Which brings us back to what I was saying about a more straightforward kit.

You've lost me.  I actually can't follow this segment anymore.

Well maybe you weren't around at the time, but they whined about it constantly and were plenty satisfied with her being relegated to nigh unplayable.  It's not just invincibility.  They get upset about all types of abilities at pretty much random.  Valkyr was somewhat unique actually.  Usually it's AOE that gets them all worked up.

Unsure on what people you're referring to here.  I might not have been around on the forums as long as you.  But from memory i've never heard any complaints about Valkyr in that sort of verbiage.  But from the way you write it that sounds like knee jerk response people.  Of which I wasn't talking about.

Well professing Nidus and Wukong to be superior alternatives when their abilities are much more limited sure made it sound like it.

I can see how my specific phrasing lets someone imply that.  But I corrected said conclusion.  So we don't need to continue this segment.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

My problem which I stated in my last quote to you is I don't think she does enough.

I think there's a place for frames that are more specialized.  She's in a decent place compared to a lot of frames and it seems pointless doing anything until after the melee rework.  Unless you want her not so focused on melee which is what I like about her.

On 2019-06-20 at 2:49 AM, NoLazyShadow said:

Hysteria should work through the rift, maybe Rip-line should pull the enemies to the same plane as her too, Hysteria should revert to a duration skill if DE is so hellbent onto making her "not OP" (like with Ember, but we all know they are just sadistic.)

Valkyr is absolutely fine for survival.

Really there's two ability that could use a little bit of update. Her 1st and 3rd.

And maybe make her a little bit more fluid. Like Wisp. Her ability casts always stop you for no good reason.

Edited by JackHargreav
  • Like 1

Цитата

Hysteria is supposed to be that oh-S#&$ button to tank incoming damage or heal yourself back to full.

Such a fing idiotic thing to say.

Its like being a wolverine but also being like "Im going to intentionally handicap myself by not using my unique and quite incredible power of not dying"

This stupidity is unbrearable. 

And its not like you cant stay in hysteria because newsflash, you can even now.

Its just you will be annoyed as fck while doing so most of the times, those idiotic restrictions take away the fun from already limited power that she has by simply making it inconvenient to use, especially with new melee changes that cancels it it you tocug fire button accidently. Lets celebrate annoyance and inconvenience. "Gamers" these days, I swear.

Цитата

You have no idea how many Valkyrs I see in Arbitrations, I guess "useless" is not the right term, or even close, to call her.

I never do, but I only play Excavation.

And honestly, even in something like survial its mostly pointless. Not because it doesnt work but because of how slow it kills and how much energy it wastes for the amount it kills.

4 hours ago, ZeroBladeTV said:

You have no idea how many Valkyrs I see in Arbitrations, I guess "useless" is not the right term, or even close, to call her.

Her kit is still close to useless in there. WC with augment is the only thing that is worth it for arbis. Hysteria is a death trap due to drones because she is required to pop out of it to kill them, which very well may result in her stacked self damage killing her. Same deal if she needs to aim-glide since the 2.9 auto-swap changes, which also counts as deactivated Hysteria. She is tanky, that is what she has going for her, but that is the result of one single skill in her entire kit.

Valkyr isnt bad, most of her kit is, just like Inaros. You kinda use them as sponge tanks with little use of their actual abilities.