Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr killed has arrived

NoLazyShadow

17 hours ago, ZeroBladeTV said:

Seriously? That's bs. Didn't know that.

Same deal for all exalted weapons, but atleast the other frames dont have the stacking debuff that has a high chance to kill them when they swap to their ranged weapon. Reason why Wukong will probably be my main for most arbis. You can easy pop out a catchmoon or other weapon to kill the drones while you clone still swings away with the Iron Staff, clearing everything that isnt linked to the drone.

17 hours ago, ZeroBladeTV said:

Seriously? That's bs. Didn't know that.

What they fail to tell you is that for the full damage of the stacked self-damage to hit you, there must be enemies within that ever growing circle around her, so you need to bullet jump out of the way before de-activading it.

And its Impact damage.

Also, something else they failed to tell you: because of Melee 2.9 changes, you can  just press the fire button to use your primary/secondary and then melee again to go back to Hysteria (works with all Exalted Weapons). Funny thing is that the % of the increased drain will stop going up along with the circle. The energy drain will continue but that is with all of them.

And considering the last point... they misformed you completly.

2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

What they fail to tell you is that for the full damage of the stacked self-damage to hit you, there must be enemies within that ever growing circle around her, so you need to bullet jump out of the way before de-activading it.

And its Impact damage.

Also, something else they failed to tell you: because of Melee 2.9 changes, you can  just press the fire button to use your primary/secondary and then melee again to go back to Hysteria (works with all Exalted Weapons). Funny thing is that the % of the increased drain will stop going up along with the circle. The energy drain will continue but that is with all of them.

And considering the last point... they misformed you completly.

I dont think he was refering to the self damage, I think he was refering to him not knowing that exalteds cant harm drones.

And what you say also proves that Valk is a clunky mess for arbis. You need to jump away in most cases when drones show up, it often isnt enough to bring out your gun because the self damage will hurt you whenever Hysteria is "deactivated". So far I havent seen a single fix for that and it was a very common issues after 2.9 arrives, both when deciding to aim-glide away from trash aswell as when pulling of block combos at times. Suddenly you just died and went "wut?". While it is true, the stacking stops on weapon swap, the game still counts it as deactivating hysteria.

Not to mantion that any time you wanna aim-glide you now need to have that accounted for in your build so you dont get 1HK while in the air with the minimal health pool. Prior to 2.9 you could ignore all forms of survival mods, now they are needed for the most basic aim-glide higher up because it forces you out of Hyst.

On 2019-06-20 at 3:49 PM, NoLazyShadow said:

What I can say? Wukong rework is really good! I like it. He's still an immortal monkey with a stick, but now he's strong, useable and can rip and tear using all 4 skills. I can't say the same about Valkyr. She's forgoten, heavly outdated and in need of a rework for years. Half of her skillset is useless, she need at least 3 augments to be useable with all 4 skill. But now nobody gonna play her - we got another frame that do everything she could, but better. God damn it, DE, when you stop ignoring Valk and gave her love she deserve...

In a literal sense Valkyr is the only true invincible warframe (with trade-offs) in this game. And she is arguably one of the best warframe if you focus on melee - Eternal War gives quasi-perma armor and attack speed buff, Paralysis for insta-killing elite units, Hysteria is a perfect panic-button ability. Her passive is one of the best in this game (50% faster recover from knockdown and no hard landings).

Of course she's not the stongest warframe in game but she's got uniqueness and she works even when not invested on.

Edited by Marvelous_A

2 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

In a literal sense Valkyr is the only true invincible warframe (with trade-offs) in this game. And she is arguably one of the best warframe if you focus on melee - Eternal War gives quasi-perma armor and attack speed buff, Paralysis for insta-killing elite units, Hysteria is a perfect panic-button ability. Her passive is one of the best in this game (50% faster recover from knockdown and no hard landings).

Of course she's not the stongest warframe in game but she's got uniqueness and she works even when not invested on.

Rev is still more invincible than Valkyr because he has zero trade offs aside from 3 mobs in the whole game, OV Jackal, PT and Exploiter, two of which you never really face with him anyways. OV Jackal is also quickly countered if you are aware of it and Valk suffers the same versus PT and Exploiter since she needs to shoot at them at some point. Aside from those 3 there arent really any mob that effectively handles Revs mesmer skin and it is a reliable source of damage avoidance that is simple to track and maintain anywhere.

On 2019-06-22 at 2:21 PM, -Temp0- said:

Such a fing idiotic thing to say.

Its like being a wolverine but also being like "Im going to intentionally handicap myself by not using my unique and quite incredible power of not dying"

This stupidity is unbrearable. 

And its not like you cant stay in hysteria because newsflash, you can even now.

Its just you will be annoyed as fck while doing so most of the times, those idiotic restrictions take away the fun from already limited power that she has by simply making it inconvenient to use, especially with new melee changes that cancels it it you tocug fire button accidently. Lets celebrate annoyance and inconvenience. "Gamers" these days, I swear.

I never do, but I only play Excavation.

And honestly, even in something like survial its mostly pointless. Not because it doesnt work but because of how slow it kills and how much energy it wastes for the amount it kills.

1) shooting doesn’t cancel it, just switches weapons.  Once you melee you are back in hysteria.  Actually really useful to quickly deal with a nullie and then go back to slaughtering

2) I can outkill anything not forma’d to hek, including Saryns and Mesas, in my Valkyr.  Thought that may say more about the average player than the frames.

1 hour ago, aswitz87 said:

1) shooting doesn’t cancel it, just switches weapons.  Once you melee you are back in hysteria.  Actually really useful to quickly deal with a nullie and then go back to slaughtering

2) I can outkill anything not forma’d to hek, including Saryns and Mesas, in my Valkyr.  Thought that may say more about the average player than the frames.

It also drops your invulnerability, which is the major issue with Valkyr since 2.9. You need to build her extremely ineffectively since the 2.9 changes because you need to build her as if you run a hysterialess eternal warcry build when it comes to survival and slot efficiency just as before. That means you need to sacfrifice duration, strength or augments that would otherwise be part of a pre 2.9 hysteria build.

The whole fun part of Hysteria was that is was a completely different build not really seen on any frame. It was all about awareness in combat and managing your energy instead of managing your health.

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

It also drops your invulnerability, which is the major issue with Valkyr since 2.9. You need to build her extremely ineffectively since the 2.9 changes because you need to build her as if you run a hysterialess eternal warcry build when it comes to survival and slot efficiency just as before. That means you need to sacfrifice duration, strength or augments that would otherwise be part of a pre 2.9 hysteria build.

The whole fun part of Hysteria was that is was a completely different build not really seen on any frame. It was all about awareness in combat and managing your energy instead of managing your health.

It’s only an issue if you play poorly/don’t expect it.

My build is identical now as it has been since... Oh about when the auger mod set was added.  It works fine for any content (except the obvious like eidelons where she just isn’t ideal).

54 minutes ago, aswitz87 said:

It’s only an issue if you play poorly/don’t expect it.

My build is identical now as it has been since... Oh about when the auger mod set was added.  It works fine for any content (except the obvious like eidelons where she just isn’t ideal).

That doesnt say much about what build you use, if it is a pure hysteria build or some hybrid that simply uses hysteria. If it has survival mods or not and so on.

The zero survival setup barely works since 2.9 unless you are extremely careful regarding where you glide or pop out of hysteria to shoot things. The basic 300hp along with her basic armor doesnt last her long in higher content. And being careful when running hysteria kinda renders the whole build pointless.

The careless build since 2.9 is one that completely ignores Hysteria and just builds around a good value on WC with Eternal War augment, strength mods and possibly 2 umbral (int and vit). Pretty much your good 'ol EW build.

The only things I would change to Valkyr is to increase her base range and duration, and also casting speed a little. She does not need much to feel more approachable. She is the only frame that I had to forma 4 times to be "basically" satisfied with how I can mod her. She is very straight forward and rewarding but after so long being untouched, I feel that she only needs little tweaks.

My main problem with her are the animations for her abilities, they are way too long. I do understand they're kind of iconic for the character I suppose, but they're are annoying sometimes... You can use Natural Talent yes, but then it'll be occupying the space of something else. Her first ability is just fun to use, it's useful only on certain situations. Warcry is great. Her third ability is good for finishers, so I guess it has its place. Hysteria is good for what it is, but I think they over-nerfed it with the accumulated damage thing and how fast the drain goes up. 

Only thing that Valkyr needs is readding the ability to aim-glide while in Hysteria. Pulling out your gun ruins options for air-melee. Same goes for all frames with channeled weapons. If you are in Hysteria, you should stay in Hysteria until you press 4 again.

On 2019-06-25 at 4:15 AM, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

Now that she can shoot in hysteria, she's never been better.

Nope she cant. She can mimic shooting while in hysteria, but she drops out of it with all the negative sides to it aswell except for having to recast it. If you run an actual hysteria build you are just putting yourself up for the hurt if you touch RMB at any point in time in higher content because your wee bit o' shields and health will be gone in a hit.

On 2019-06-30 at 3:50 AM, SneakyErvin said:

Nope she cant. She can mimic shooting while in hysteria, but she drops out of it with all the negative sides to it aswell except for having to recast it. If you run an actual hysteria build you are just putting yourself up for the hurt if you touch RMB at any point in time in higher content because your wee bit o' shields and health will be gone in a hit.

I literally just spam pox at mobs and it's fine for hours of kuva survival. 

Edit: There's that one new mobility mod that puts enemies to sleep when you land. That helps along with other obvious optimizations. Being in the air increases survivalbility as well, but it's not needed if you''ve been using her for a few years. 

Edited by (XB1)Architect Prime

4 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

I literally just spam pox at mobs and it's fine for hours of kuva survival. 

Edit: There's that one new mobility mod that puts enemies to sleep when you land. That helps along with other obvious optimizations. Being in the air increases survivalbility as well, but it's not needed if you''ve been using her for a few years. 

Then you obviously dont run a full on Hysteria build. Yes Valkyr works perfectly fine, Hysteria however is not something you can build for anymore with the changes that 2.9 brought about.

I mean even that you bring up specific mods kinda proves that 2.9 broke her. You shouldnt need any of that if you build for Hysteria, but due to how gliding, aiming and sometimes initiating a block combo drops your invulnerability you need to safeguard with survival mods, meaning you no longer actually play a Hysteria build. And as an oh crap button it is very weak, because the window between hitting the ability and the transformation happening is long and often leads to death in the sticky situations where you'd might need it. Operator is simply more reliable and efficient in those cases.

On 2019-07-02 at 4:08 AM, SneakyErvin said:

Then you obviously dont run a full on Hysteria build. Yes Valkyr works perfectly fine, Hysteria however is not something you can build for anymore with the changes that 2.9 brought about.

I mean even that you bring up specific mods kinda proves that 2.9 broke her. You shouldnt need any of that if you build for Hysteria, but due to how gliding, aiming and sometimes initiating a block combo drops your invulnerability you need to safeguard with survival mods, meaning you no longer actually play a Hysteria build. And as an oh crap button it is very weak, because the window between hitting the ability and the transformation happening is long and often leads to death in the sticky situations where you'd might need it. Operator is simply more reliable and efficient in those cases.

Full hysteria doesn't exist anymore if you ask me.

As a Valkyr main i still find her usefull on most scenarios that the game can present me. (unless is one of those 10 hour endurance runs, i will fall asleep on the 40 min mark) But i would be open for a rework, specially for her 1.