Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Huge warframe improvement ideas list for devs

WarcellPrime

Hello everyone

I am new player in warframe (50+ days) but I’ve already come up with huge list of improvements. Some are more important, some probably can be ignored. I really wanted to show them because I still have pretty fresh look at game. After I play more and more I will get used to some ugly systems and I will forget these ideas. So I present them to you, maybe devs themselves will bump into it and implement some of it into game.

Gameplay

1. Add ability to somehow gather resources (plants) while on K-drive. Like “use x” on them if you do not want to allow players to attack from k-drives
  2. Show all beacons (used to start new mission on cetus and fortuna) directly on map so player can choose them as waypoint even if he is far from them and none of them is shown on map as “the closest one”.
  3. Cryopod should regenerate shields and hp on each wave. Current system encourages player to leave 1 enemy and wait around 1 minute until cryopod regenerates on its own. This is boring.
  4. Game should not punish for failing objectives by taking ALL THINGS YOU GATHERED. I was close to uninstalling this game when I failed 40 minute mission where I gathered lots of loot and got absolutely nothing. Game should only punish by not giving mission completion award, but all things gathered by players until mission failure should be available. Same goes to extraction and defense missions – if you fail at wave 41-45 you should still get all your rewards for waves 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 and 40.
  5. Hidden caches (3 bonus hidden caches in some missions) ARE SO FREAKING ANNOYING. They are unrewarding, contain useless loot and finding them requires visiting 100% of the map which sometimes takes 40 minutes just to get pretty much nothing useful. They should be removed or contain better loot and be marked on map in any way, even yellow circle “search around here dummy” would be enough. Even with loot mod it takes about 20 minutes of boredom. Only reason I do this is nightwave. I never look for caches without need because rewards are useless.
  6. When I am talking about caches – finding caches on open world maps is also annoying. I mean all those missions “find 3 supply drops in 5 minutes”. Yellow circle is simply too big and even with 4 people team circling around we sometimes do not manage to find last cache. Also they sometimes spawn in underground caves and players are not informed about it in any way. I think on fortuna game instantly shows some caves on map, but on cetus you have to find them yourself and then they will be marked on map as part of game “progress”. All caves should be visible from the start or you should inform players that caches are underground. I noticed that after few patches some underground caches are indeed marked as underground (yellow marker on cave entrance) but I think this is not completely solved yet.
  7. Cetus and fortuna exit gates. Oh my god this is probably most annoying part of this game. Let me describe you 3 situations:
  8. a) I enter Plains of Eidolon, do few quests, gather some resources (game joins me to some team, or some people to me – I don’ t know). After we are finished they go to Cetus gates to extract. I am slow and constantly stop to gather some crap along the way so I do not manage to get to Cetus in time. I am magically teleported to Cetus gates for extraction. Ok then. BUT after few seconds of standing in passageway between external and internal Cetus gate I get “lost connection to host” message, and THEN I get message that MISSION FAILED. Your 40 minutes of picking up resources and doing quest just got flushed because of stupid netcode. GJ player!

b) I join my friend using “join session”. I spawn inside Cetus. I ask him where he is – “I am outside” – he says. Okay then, I go to gates to enter Plains of Eidolon. After few minutes of waiting at second gate…. nothing happens. My high performance hdd WD Black stops flashing so loading is complete (why the hell is it always taking so long?!). But gates do not open. I go back to internal gate leading back to Cetus and it opens instantaneously. GJ game, you did it again! So I enter cetus, wait until gate closes, and then enter gates again. I wait few minutes again and FINALLY I am able to enter magnificent Plains of Eidolon!

c) I enter fortuna. I do not take any quest, just leave through main gate. After long loading I go out to orb vallis, walk few steps and then KABOOM - MIGRATING HOST. I respawn in fortuna city again. Alone. Okay then, I will try this again. I go out through gate again. Loading…. loading…. loading… HOST LEFT THE GAME – team is cancelled. I am left alone again between 2 gates in infite loading. I quit this game and I am happy to never return to it again. Oh wait….

1. I will provide my solution to abovementioned problem but I want to talk about related thing first. Extraction mechanic is random nonsense. Why? When you want to extract from cetus or fortuna you need 2 people. When you want to extract from spy or sabotage you only need 1 person. When team extracts without you on open world you will be teleported to them, when this happens on spy or similar mission you will see ending screen because whole team will finish mission at the same time BUT when same happens on survival you will be left alone.
  2. Solution? Mission extraction should be covered by voting mechanism. If one person arrives at extraction zone – voting begins (along with standard ~50 seconds countdown). When you select “YES” you will have to finish your exploration within 50 seconds or simply go to extraction zone, after which you will see results screen. If all players vote YES – mission ends without need to run to extraction zone. If you do not vote or select “NO”  you will not be taken by force with your team. Instead after extraction timer runs out you will be left alone. This will be independent from mission type. This fix must be combined together with the one I mentioned earlier – create voting with keyboard or something quick without need to stop your game. When you are fighting 20 enemies at once on survivial you do not have time to open escape menu and vote using mouse. You should only press F1-F12 key to QUICKLY vote YES or NO. I was always frustrated when I went on treasure hunting in spy or sabotage missions, my team went to extraction and mission finished when I was 2 steps away from some cool thing laying on the ground. In new system I would just vote NO and stay alone and finish mission whenever I want. Also – extraction should happen after countdown ends or everybody vote yes. This would resolve issue with many levels where there are loot containers behind extraction zone and last player is unable to loot them because he has to pass extraction zone and he ends the mission instantaneously.
  3. Solution to open world gates? Replace it with interaction and voting. How? Gates will not open. Player walks to gate, uses X to interact with it and voting begins. (Interaction is not necessary, it might be simple green extraction zone, but without opening gates). This will work like new extraction in missions – when timers runs out players who voted YES will be teleported back to Cetus, Fortuna etc. BUT do not have to go through this stupid gate. Instead they should simply see loading screen just like after normal mission. Then they will spawn inside city, near the gate with results on screen. I know some art designers will protest but game usability should be above looks. Current system is not working great based on my examples above.
  4. Netcode needs constant optimisations – losing connection to host together with all progress is real problem, especially when it is not your fault because you have great internet, but host was some dude in the mountains who used 1/6 bar of wifi range. This whole host mechanic should be made clear and game should point out who is the host and what are the consequences of that. Only way to know this is enable fps counter and observe if ping is present or not.
  5. Please do something with extractors. Just give them new menu like on mobile app. For example list of planets. Player chooses a planet and then which extractor to send on this planet. Or make it the other way – list of extractors, where player chooses extractor and then select where to send it. I would prefer variant 1 however. Abovementioned list could also be used for collecting extractors. Current system is pain in ass because you have to remember where you’ve sent your extractors, or just look on every planet for them, then get your extractor back, then send it again, then search for another planet with another extractor. Rewards for using extractors are terrible too so many players do not bother with using them anyway. Both game and mobile app should also offer simple option to “redeploy reactors” – where you can choose healthy reactors to send instead of damaged ones to same planets as before.
  6. Why the hell limbo/rift state is not visible? It is so annoying when I do not know which enemy is in rift and which one is not. Also allies should be in green (players) and blue (npc) outlines so they can be seen among 100 infested.
  7. If you repeat invasion you should repeat invasion. Without need to select if you want to do standard or infested mission and select which side are you on again. When you try to repeat relic opening mission game sometimes restarts standard mission without relic opening… Sometimes when you click “repeat mission” on invasion game assigns you to wrong team. For example I completed 2 missions against grineer, and suddenly game assigns me to fight corpus. I had to abort mission and choose faction myself.
  8. Why do you have to pick up ayatan stars falling from containers? I understand it with toroids and sculptures which are placed in game word and are stationary objects lying on the ground. But ayatan stars simply drop from containers and they should be trated equally to orokin cells, toroids and such stuff. I was annoyed multiple times when game did not react properly to my pickup attempt and I ran few meters to extraction just to see ayatan star left behind because game did not pick it up.
  9. hacking finish should be instant – now you have 2-3 seconds after finishing hacking before timer stops
  10. Invasions should be easier to finish. Sometimes there are 12-15 invasions per day which gives you 45 missions, just to receive some fieldrons and detonite injectors. They should be reworked – they should be faster to finish (1-2 repeats instead of 3) and/or rarer with better rewards. You should also change reward system – you get reward per entry, so you get 3x1 fieldron (1 per repeat) instead of 1x3 (all 3 at once after 3 repeats). Sometimes invasion ends when I have only 1 repeat left and I get nothing.
  11. why does nightmare require 10 waves of defense but 5 minutes of survival? It should be 5 for both.
  12. Why do ramparts have such terrible mouse sensitivity with no option to change that? They are useless because of this
  13. Every boss in game is more annoying than previous one. I thought equinox was boring (8 parts instead of 3? Are you crazy devs?), but farming 15 waves of defense mission just to have 2 ambulas drop is just ridiculous. If you want to get complete set you need to kill Ambulas boss at least 10 times. To do this you need to gather 110 animo nav beacons (to enter bossfight 10 times). To get them you need to do 15 waves of defense (they give you 10 beacons) 10 times. Is this a joke?
  14. WHY THE HELL UNDERWATER MISSIONS ARE SO BAD AND THEY GIVE YOU NO XP FOR ARCHWING?!?!?!?!?!
  15. Archwing controls are f**d up. You need to use ctrl+shift on planets and in space to fly faster, but only shift under water?
  16. Energy drain in nightmares must be a bit slower. I do not even have time to cast rhino armor after I pick up 3 energy orbs…
  17. Add option to change some guns firing mode to “shoot when charged” just like opticor. Only reason I do not use bows is their fire rate – it is hard to get it right so you always have delay before you shoot after charging.
  18. Kuva hunting is terrible. Game does not explain it well and kuva clouds are pretty much impossible to see, especially with so many rainbow effect present in game where every skill emits light and enemies are exploding to dust. Just make marker on them, like on demolysts. These missions are not supposed to be hard, just “do and forget” like syndicate missions. Why turn it into long and boring process (waiting for clouds) ?
  19. Why do you have to walk on bodies (spawned on level) and scan plants to “gather” them? Everything should be possible to gather using melee only (with exception of closed containers and pickups which are annoying too).
  20. Who designed riven requirements? Some of them is pretty much impossible (kill dargyn pilots) while others are annoying (kill 20 enemies while holding a wall…). This should be fun, not pain in ass…
  21. Why most of bosses are so hard to farm? I mean chassis and neuroptics have 38% droprate and systems 22%. Why not 33% for all?
  22. Lephantis reaper head hitbox sucks hard
  23. Lua challengers are terrible gamebreakers. They need to be reworked. I mean idea is fine. But it is hard to understand what to do without wiki, and even with video guide it is hard to complete it due to game mechanics (not precise steering I mean). I rage quit agility tests because my warframe cannot fit into these damned tubes or I slide down from them or boost is too weak and I do not make it to the other tube and I fall.

UI/other

1. Game should inform (on results screen) whenever you receive new item for example warframe part you were missing. You should also show “owned” status for weapon/warframe parts that have been used to create weapon/warframe. So I could distinguish oberon chassis which drops every mission (and I already created and mastered oberon) from some other frame chassis which drops with 0.0001% chance and I should keep it.
  2. Ability to store boosters in eq and use them whenever you want, not immediately upon login. Current mechanic prevents me from logging in morning to collect my extractors and resend them to planets. I have to use mobile app to do it, and I wait with login until evening when I have time to use booster in case I receive one
  3. Chat channel often changes for no reason. For example I chat with a friend, I enter relay and then my chat switches to relay chat without my interaction. It is annoying because I always have to check my channel because game keeps changing them to team or relay.
  4. Chat should have more colours – different colour for my own messages, different for each one of my friends when I have multiple tabs open etc.
  5. Invitations to game should be on top of everything or have some special button to agree for them – for example “press f5 to accept invitation”. Whenever I receive invitation I have to close all my menus, then open “escape” menu and finally accept invitation. It is annoying and should be instantaneous instead.
  6. You should be able to skip dialogues in fortuna/cetus… It was really annoying when doing 1st quests on fortuna and cetus with lots of dialogues, when I had to repeat them. It is also annoying when talking to Simaris. However you should not be able to skip boss dialogues (like phorid, his dialogue cuts afer few words everytime I play invasion, is this “space” key fault?)
  7. Game should inform you when you reach syndicate level cap and cannot gather more reputation due to your level at this fraction. I was angry multiple times when I had daily rep available but nothing happened after I finished missions. Yes, I know it is shown on syndicate screens but who has time to check them after every mission?
  8. I also constantly forget to put on my syndicate marks (sigils) to gather reputation for syndicates on new frame. Game should constantly remind player about active syndicate – for example in upper left corner like in Dark Souls games AND it should be separate option, preferably in arsenal between companion and gear. Or make it global settings so player do not have to change their sygil for every warframe.
  9. Combine mods and weapons/warframes parts into single tiles. For example you enter mod section and have only 1 tile with mod despite having it in few different versions (upgrade levels). I have some mods on low, medium and high level to use them depending on my weapon configuration and level – but they take lots of space and they should be combined to 1 mod, from which you should later choose specific mod version/level. This 1 mod tile should of course count how many mods of this type you have and how many versions you have (if you have 1 on level 1, 1 on level 2 and 20 on level 0, game will show 3 versions). Same shoud go to foundry – you have warframe schematic + neurooptics + chassis + systems. This should be 1 thing called for example Frost and then you enter it and manufacture specific parts. Same should go to weapons which sometimes consist of many elements and those elements should be grouped together into 1 tile. Foundry should also have separate option to hide prime blueprints or move them to separate tab. If I do not have some prime parts I cannot make them. This is only useful for normal blueprints to show you what you are missing.
  10. PLS give players possibility to change GUI somehow. Colors, reticles and such stuff. You recently gave us option to change UI theme but of course you have to pay with plat 😕
  11. Game needs more tutorials. I did not understand sanctuary onslaught because I was given access to it without any commentary. I had to learn from my friend that there is actually x2 for credits for first win of the day. Game should inform players about such basic mechanics!!! You also need to explain this yellow “bonus” after mission completion. There is also no info about how nightmares work, for example that specters will turn on you. And no endgame screen. There should be big popup after finishing war within: “now you can access kuva missions and sorties and hunt eidolons” with explanations how to do this.
  12. Some Nightwave challenges sucks, for example forcing you to install formas. When you are low level player or do not have formas or do not want to install them without reason – you are excluded from gaining more reputation in this event.
  13. I would be very happy to be rewarded for ingame achievements. Or just add another system, something like personal missions, which are not time limited. Completing them will require few weeks or months but there will be fun rewards. Such challenges should pretty much complete themselves without any special action from the player. Good examples will be “finish 200 sabotage missions”, “kill 100 000 enemies” (maybe add damage type? Like “with corrosive”), “earn 10 000 000 credits” (without need to have them on account, just earn it, and spend it) etc.
  14. You should also unify search bars locations (sometimes they are on the left, sometimes on the right) and also all menus and their colours (some are blue, some are brown, some are red)
  15. After finishing any activity on cetus/fortuna game should inform how much reputation on planet you have until daily cap. After you enter escape menu you should also see this.
  16. When you have multiple mods of the same type and you put basic level of this mod to any weapon, game should not upgrade/remove this mod if you upgrade it on another weapon. Example – you have 2 serrations. You put serration into 1 gun. Then you change this gun to another gun and put serration in it again. You want to upgrade it in gun 2. Game warns you that upgrading this mod will exceed mod capacity in gun 1. Why? You still have duplicate with basic level which costs 4 instead of 5. Game should only upgrade mod in gun 2, and leave gun 1 with basic mod. There are even more awful examples with weapon configurations. You set-up configuration A. You have 30/30 mod usage. One of mods in config A is upgraded, lets say it drains 3 capacity instead of 2. You switch to config B. You put one mod, which is the same as in config one BUT it is not upgraded – it drains only 2 capacity. You then try to upgrade it to 4 capacity and game warns you that configuration A capacity will be exceeded. Why? You have to agree to that, put 4 capacity mod into config B, then go back to config A and put you 3 capacity mod back to this config because it has been removed without any reason
  17. Why you do not receive daily quest from Simaris if you do not have active one but you have to remember to visit him at the beginning of a day? How many times I’ve played 10h and forgot to speak to him… And how am I supposed to know if he is ready to give me new quest? All other timed activities (nightmare, sortie, syndicate) are easy to check, because game shows them on map or shows counter in mission list. But Simaris is a mystery for some reason…
  18. You should add option to hide some blueprints (chosen ones + already crafted) – players marks them as trash, and then sells this trash whenever he wants
  19. There should be info where you are – probably in your mission progress screen or under your profile. You can check your friends but you do not know on which planet/zone you currently are.
  20. when you look at relic drop table it should show you if you have already crafted that item, not only if you currently have blueprint. This is directly tied to point 1 on this list – if I craft braton, game should show on braton barrel that weapon has already been crafted, even if I do not have braton barrel or bb blueprint in my inventory. It could also show that this weapon has already been mastered if I built it and sold it.
  21. game does not inform about syndicate radial effects. I reached rank 5, bought hek mod and had to google what is this symbol in lower right corner.
  22. Excalibur exalted blade should have some screen effect on – similar to valkyr hysteria. When I draw exalted blade I am not sure if this is exalted blade or regular sword – only indicator is energy drain…
  23. Some daily rewards are simply a joke. 2x detonate ampule when I have 2000 of them? Or 50 cryotic? And I am newbie… They should be multiplied by 10x or more…
  24. game should blink orange if it is minimised to taskbar and you receive message
  25. when you enter index menu game should show how much money you have (yes, I know game shows it on planet screen when you hoover over index node).
  26. You should add option to scale players nicknames in game independently from whole UI. They are too small to see in movement (for me at least). You should also display players avatars on minimap instead of their warframes icons because you do not know who is playing what (if you do not check it in escape menu) and if somebody is saying “good loot on me” you cannot find him via minimap because icons are different than players avatars (so they are useless).
  27. you cannot join friend game via chat. You have to use separate menu for that, because you can only invite through chat. Nonsense. You should also be able to start conversation with someone via “escape” menu, after hoovering on them, under “show profile” button, without need to enter “communication” submenu.
  28. How am I supposed to know if this weapon/warframe has lens, great lens or eidolon lens? And is it really so hard to show their names so players do not have to guess which icon means what?
  29. You should add possibility to set how long notifications stay on screen, or create some notifications panel similar to win 10 or android solution, where missed notifications stay until you remove them. I frequently miss friend requests, new invasions etc.
  30. Add notifications that your friend is now online
  31. Players should have numbers. I am always 1 even if I am not host. This makes no sense. How am I supposed to know which waypoint is mine?
  32. you should add option to “play only as host”. I have good internet connection, and even if I set max players ping to 125ms I still get connected to people with sitty internet connection with ping 120ms but with drops to 400-500ms. This is unplayable. Hence I want to play as host (ALWAYS) and allow people to join me as clients.
  33. Some quests (jordas precept for example, but I think glast gambit and patient zero had same problem) give literally no info about reward. I did not receive any message with reward, and did not see it on mission results screen. I had to check wiki to realise that I received for example atlas or nidus warframe blueprint. This is ridiculous
  34. when you are defending terminal in mobile defense, mission progress disappears so you do not know if this is 1st, 2nd or 3rd terminal if you forget it
  35. when you exit game you lose your last conversations and these people are not available on “last players” list so if you do not remember their nickname there is no way to reach them again.
  36. Baro Ki'Teer price of beacons is ridiculous. 200 ducats for 1 time use boss spawner? You know perfectly well that we have to kill Grustrag Tree and especially Stalker multiple times to get all the things we want, and 1 time use beacon is just a joke. Or maybe your target are no-life players who played this game for 3 years or more and have 10000 dukats on their accounts…
  37. As I mentioned before, I am new player. However I saw a video explaining operation plague star from a year ago and… I am angry. Year ago UI was great. When you entered bounties you could easily see all bounties and rewards. Now we have this ugly metro ui based tiled bounties view when you have to hoover over all bounties to check their rewards. Same applies to warframe abilities – before you had screen with all abilities descriptions and their stats. Now you have to hoover over each one of them, because you wanted to show us some “frozen fighting scenes” which are not that great because they are pretty much similar to all warframes. Not to mention new relic UI which is not that great too… (but I appreciate possibility to upgrade relics mid-game).
  38. boss battles are supposed to be repeated. Can’t you create few different dialogue possibilities for them? They are all annoying after 3rd try.
  39. Where did multiple buy option go? It was in dojo labs, you could buy multiple items at once. Now if you want to buy warframe bp, and all his parts, you have to click buy for each item separately. This is annoying. Old interface is still present at maroos bazaar where you can “sell” multiple sculptures at once. Please restore this to dojo labs.
  40. You can upgrade relics mid-game but you cannot “upgrade” ayatan sculputers while talking to maroo. You need to install stars in them before, and talk to her later, you can’t do both at once. You should add separate button - “install” next to “extract endo”.
  41. Why levels shown near missions on cetus have nothing to do with reality? Plague star shows level 15-25, while with all 8 mixtures applied boss is on level… 84 I think? Eidolon hunt shows 15-25 too if I remember correctly, while Teralyst is on level 50 and players have to be really OP to do any dmg to him (I can kill vomvalyst level 20 with basic mote amp but do 20-40 dmg to teralyst… so I am useless in team).
  42. Why the hell is melee combo in lower right corner? It should appear next to aim reticle. On the other hand… it does not change player behaviour, only dmg so…
  43. Your own marker (created with "g" button) should have different colour so you do not have to wonder which one is yours.
  44. Votekick must be added to game. I do not care about sharing positivity. Trolls ruining fractures sealing are just trolls and should be expelled from teams asap.
  45. Convergence orbs should be marked with different marker than yellow. Some new colour, purple maybe?

List will probably be updated sometimes.

Edited by WarcellPrime
  • Like 2

2. That would change 1-day 3-day 30-day boosters into minutes or hour boosters, adding some anxiety when you're using them, and that's nasty. I like the way they work right now. I get a 3-Day booster on a Sortie that automatically activates ? Great. I get a 3-hour Booster I can use whenever I want ? I'll have to plan a 3-hour farming session and I'll complain on the forum/Support if I have any latency/bug during those 3 hours, even worse if there is a maintenance.

12. We know, but they're here to incentivize, there is nothing wrong with those challenges, and there is nothing wrong if you just don't do them.

17. And a lot of people would complain to have this reminder because they don't care about Simaris. You're not the only one type of gamer in Warframe, there are several, adding a notification system that would piss off half of the community just because you can think about it by yourself is... weird. Same for point 19 honestly... Where am I ? On the node I clicked on maybe ?

23. Daily Login Rewards are not supposed to be gamebreaking rewards. Otherwise they'd be Monthly Rewards.

28. The weapons list shows the Lenses.

31. I don't get what you're saying. Host is always number 1 and that makes sense. You can see your number next to your name in the Squad UI (I think it's W/Z to activate it ingame ? through the options as well).

36. No problem with that, that's cherry on the cake if you want to farm something specifically. You're supposed to stumble upon assassins regularly ingame otherwise, you don't "have to" buy Beacons.

Edited by Chewarette

5 hours ago, Chewarette said:

2. That would change 1-day 3-day 30-day boosters into minutes or hour boosters

Why do you assume that? Why do players have to assume that they will get worse stuff if they want to be treated fair? And you do not feel pressurised when you log-in to game to play for 30 minutes and you get 5 hour booster as a login reward?

17. a lot of people would complain to have this reminder because they don't care about Simaris

Would it really be annoying if notification would be in alerts section together with Baro, Ayatan tresure and Clem? Clem is useless and nobody is complaining on him being in alerts. It could also pop-up in syndicates tab, above sanctuary and elite sanctuary (it is present here anyway if you start daily hunt). I do not understand why you have to visit Maroo, Darvo and Symaris to do their quests, but Simaris has same mechanic as them so he could be in alerts.

23. Daily Login Rewards are not supposed to be gamebreaking rewards

Well maybe they should be removed then? Or changed to weekly rewards? They seem useless in current form. Sometimes I get great items but sometimes it is total crap I wish i'd never received.

28. The weapons list shows the Lenses

Yes but not in the text form. I do not have greater lens yet, so I am unsure if there will be any difference compared to standard lens. Game should show text to help me understand which lens is this and how powerful it is.

31. I don't get what you're saying. Host is always number 1 and that makes sense. You can see your number next to your name in the Squad UI (I think it's W/Z to activate it ingame ? through the options as well).

I do not see any numbers in "escape" menu. What I mean is my profile is always 1st even when I am 2nd, 3rd or 4th so I am unable to determine my number by looking at menu (both "escape" menu and in-game UI on the right of the screen.

you don't "have to" buy Beacons.

Yes I know. But stumbling upon them is not enough until you play... 500? 1000? hours to complete everything they drop? I want to have a chance to do it faster at a reasonable price.

P.S. This "trivial" stuff, these small elements and details are what differences good and great games from mediocre ones. If you look from far away they might seem similiar but they are not if you look at craftsmanship... This game is in development for 6 years ffs. It should be PERFECT now. It still looks like beta to me... They implemented melee 2.0 few months ago while it should be in game about "ninjas" since beginning... (fluent movement without it? Impossible).

So please, do not fit in this old grandpa stereotype where you are happy with everything or you just don't care and reject all changes...

Edited by WarcellPrime

43 minutes ago, WarcellPrime said:

Why do you assume that? Why do players have to assume that they will get worse stuff if they want to be treated fair? And you do not feel pressurised when you log-in to game to play for 30 minutes and you get 5 hour booster as a login reward?

1- If you suggest we should be able to control the boosters, that'll never be done because 30-days boosters will last months and that's a terrible way to run a business.

2- If you suggest we can just control their activation, that only makes sense for login rewards up to a certain number, as you quickly get 10-hour+ boosters and you're not supposed to play for this long straight.

Well maybe they should be removed then? Or changed to weekly rewards? They seem useless in current form. Sometimes I get great items but sometimes it is total crap I wish i'd never received.

Several milestones are not useless, and daily login rewards are just here to incentivize you to connect daily. "I wish I'd never received", the hyperbole is strong with this one, as if you were harmed by receiving a useless resource. Sigh.

Yes but not in the text form. I do not have greater lens yet, so I am unsure if there will be any difference compared to standard lens. Game should show text to help me understand which lens is this and how powerful it is.

There are dots above the Lens icon. Moar dots, moar power.

I do not see any numbers in "escape" menu. What I mean is my profile is always 1st even when I am 2nd, 3rd or 4th so I am unable to determine my number by looking at menu (both "escape" menu and in-game UI on the right of the screen.

Sans-titre.png

Yes I know. But stumbling upon them is not enough until you play... 500? 1000? hours to complete everything they drop? I want to have a chance to do it faster at a reasonable price.

Then that's your own problem. You can play at your rythm or pay to play faster, that's the point of this F2P. Maybe you'd prefer P2W ?

P.S. This "trivial" stuff, these small elements and details are what differences good and great games from mediocre ones. If you look from far away they might seem similiar but they are not if you look at craftsmanship... This game is in development for 6 years ffs. It should be PERFECT now. It still looks like beta to me... They implemented melee 2.0 few months ago while it should be in game about "ninjas" since beginning... (fluent movement without it? Impossible).

So please, do not fit in this old grandpa stereotype where you are happy with everything or you just don't care and reject all changes...

You seem to hate this game though (qualifying it as "mediocre"). Nobody forces you to suffer through this playtime, there are billions of other games out there.

Honestly if you can find a list of 43 critics that make you feel this game sucks after 200 hours, maybe that's simply not the game you were looking for.

They're making plenty of improvements over time, most of your "proposals" are just here to fit your needs (and only yours, most of us wouldn't care about 80%) and would be considered as a waste of time if DE were to implement them. They're not "proposals" to make the game better for everyone, they're proposals to make the game better for you (and some proposals are even aiming at penalizing DE, that's a Free-to-Play game, not a charity event).

3 hours ago, Chewarette said:

1- If you suggest we should be able to control the boosters, that'll never be done because 30-days boosters will last months and that's a terrible way to run a business

I think you did not understand me. I do not mean that they should only count time in game. I never wrote that. I only wrote one thing - to ACTIVATE (start timer) whenever we want. So it should still be 30 days no matter if you play it or not. But you could choose if you want to start these 30 days today, tommorow or in next week.

3 hours ago, Chewarette said:

that only makes sense for login rewards up to a certain number

I am not sure. I receive 5h booster every 3-7 days. So I consume it in 1 day and then nothing.

Holy cow you are right with numbers! My brain ignored them somehow... Now I see them 😄 But they could be more visible anyway. Or players could be in proper order. And this UI sometimes disappears (especially after host migrations) so...

I am not sure how to respond to the rest. Maybe you are right, hard to tell. This is MY list, so it is logical that it will never be objective. Some of these ideas are in fact bugs or things that annoy me personally.

I like the game after all and I still have fun from playing it. But if I was game creator then I would implement at least some of these changes to make game more fun, easier to understand. This would keep new players for longer instead of making them angry or lost.

Edited by WarcellPrime

On 2019-06-20 at 4:07 AM, WarcellPrime said:

option to “play only as host”

My method to force host in Fortuna / Cetus bounty still works. Old topic with video: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1083201-start-mission-as-host-option-for-eidolon-and-fortuna/

But, if too many players force host, then it will likely stay stuck in 1 player squad.

On 2019-06-20 at 4:07 AM, WarcellPrime said:

hacking finish should be instant – now you have 2-3 seconds after finishing hacking before timer stops

Sometimes the timer did not stop at all, which can waste Ciphers. Very annoying when combined with a bug: Trying to defuse bomb on a prisoner walking away. https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1043149-defuse-prisoner-bomb-failed-hacking-wont-stay-up-wasted-2-ciphers/

My biggest annoyance is bugs that existed for a long time, but never fixed. There are too many to list, but some have listed them there in an old topic, but many bugs continues to happen: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1041163-list-of-player-grievances-please-contribute/

16 hours ago, WarcellPrime said:

I think you did not understand me. I do not mean that they should only count time in game. I never wrote that. I only wrote one thing - to ACTIVATE (start timer) whenever we want. So it should still be 30 days no matter if you play it or not. But you could choose if you want to start these 30 days today, tommorow or in next week.

I am not sure. I receive 5h booster every 3-7 days. So I consume it in 1 day and then nothing.

Holy cow you are right with numbers! My brain ignored them somehow... Now I see them 😄 But they could be more visible anyway. Or players could be in proper order. And this UI sometimes disappears (especially after host migrations) so...

I am not sure how to respond to the rest. Maybe you are right, hard to tell. This is MY list, so it is logical that it will never be objective. Some of these ideas are in fact bugs or things that annoy me personally.

I like the game after all and I still have fun from playing it. But if I was game creator then I would implement at least some of these changes to make game more fun, easier to understand. This would keep new players for longer instead of making them angry or lost.

Ok, i gonna comment only on the last part, in bold and underline : If you were a game creator then create a game and implement them in your Game. Warframe is digital extreme game, maybe you give good pointers but in the end it is your list of what you would see, i mean think, that would improve the game.

DE is trying most of the time, to try and please everyone but that is not possible. Like in any other online games. 

Me too i would make some changes but i play someone else game and see what it offer to me, do i enjoy it or not. If yes, i still play and see the idea of the creator. If not then i stop and i might check from time to time.

DE can choose to put or not ideas from players as they see fit but that is a gamble of keeping players or have a mass of quiting players. But at the moment i see that they need to do a better new player experience ( i know they working on it) and a real end game difficulty for the players that need it.  But i couldn't tell them what kind of idea because i am not at the end game level yet.

And what do i know, i play games and let others create them so i can play and see there ideas. Only time will tell if i like it or not.  

51 minutes ago, sam686 said:

My biggest annoyance is bugs that existed for a long time, but never fixed. There are too many to list, but some have listed them there in an old topic, but many bugs continues to happen: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1041163-list-of-player-grievances-please-contribute/

Thank you for input. I see that I was not the first one to try and gather all game problems in 1 place. Some of these ideas are great and I would like to remind them :

• "Have to go through a relay for the simulacrum
  • Cannot queue foundry builds, <10 minute build times and 24 hour forma are a pain
  • There is no indication or explanation of how you died
  • No way to exit "skywing" without performing a melee attack"
Edited by WarcellPrime
  • Like 1