Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Message To All Nekros

famallama

When playing in survival, not discussing any other game types, you have two useful abilities, Soul Punch and Desecrate.  The thing that is different about survival than every other game type is that you need as many enemies to come to you as fast as possible so that you can get as many of the personal life supports as possible.  I will explain what is wrong with the other abilities.  

Starting with Shadows of the Dead.  The problem with this ability is that it is a distraction for the enemy, great in other game types,not in survival.  It keeps the enemies away from your team, it causes the monsters to spawn in rooms your team isn't in instead of near your team.  ALSO IT CAUSES THE GAME TO LAG MORE BECAUSE IT HAS TO RENDER THE AREA AROUND THEM AS WELL AS YOUR TEAM.

Terrify is along the same lines as the last one, causes the enemies to stay away from you.

Soul Punch is a straight up damaging spell, useful to kill enemies.  Since your goal in survival is to kill as many enemies as possible then damage is good.

Desecrate, I have had people in my games actually say "I don't use it because it is useless."  In other game types I would agree, but not in survival.  It causes all the bodies on the ground to get A SECOND DROP.  This effectively DOUBLES the amount of enemies you're killing.  Not only does it have a chance to drop the life support, it also has a chance to drop energy, which in survival I tend to have an issue when I'm using abilities to kill enemies.  It drops ammo, other thing you can run low on in survival.  It drops health, another thing that is often run low on.  And last but not least it can drop crafting mats, which if you don't need then you have everything built and are max mastery, or you don't care to build anything ever again.

When playing in survival, not discussing any other game types, you have two useful abilities, Soul Punch and Desecrate.  The thing that is different about survival than every other game type is that you need as many enemies to come to you as fast as possible so that you can get as many of the personal life supports as possible.  I will explain what is wrong with the other abilities.  

Starting with Shadows of the Dead.  The problem with this ability is that it is a distraction for the enemy, great in other game types,not in survival.  It keeps the enemies away from your team, it causes the monsters to spawn in rooms your team isn't in instead of near your team.  ALSO IT CAUSES THE GAME TO LAG MORE BECAUSE IT HAS TO RENDER THE AREA AROUND THEM AS WELL AS YOUR TEAM.

Terrify is along the same lines as the last one, causes the enemies to stay away from you.

Soul Punch is a straight up damaging spell, useful to kill enemies.  Since your goal in survival is to kill as many enemies as possible then damage is good.

Desecrate, I have had people in my games actually say "I don't use it because it is useless."  In other game types I would agree, but not in survival.  It causes all the bodies on the ground to get A SECOND DROP.  This effectively DOUBLES the amount of enemies you're killing.  Not only does it have a chance to drop the life support, it also has a chance to drop energy, which in survival I tend to have an issue when I'm using abilities to kill enemies.  It drops ammo, other thing you can run low on in survival.  It drops health, another thing that is often run low on.  And last but not least it can drop crafting mats, which if you don't need then you have everything built and are max mastery, or you don't care to build anything ever again.

No.

...and desecrate isn't even half as effective as you are making it out to be.

No.

...and desecrate isn't even half as effective as you are making it out to be.

Just no? no kind of discussion coming from you, just "nope you're wrong, I'm right."  Desecrate is slightly less useful than it sounds because bodies disappear, the developers made it this way so that people would use their abilities in mid fight instead of waiting till the end, makes the game more streamline.  If 15 enemies die at once around you then you desecrate, if only 1-3 then don't, it's not rocket science.  

You had few bad Nekros with you, doesnt mean you can tell people how to play.

It isn't "few" it's all except 1, and what do you know we went 20 minutes without using a single of the dropped in life supports.  This was only because he was using desecrate at good timing, he didn't use A SINGLE other ability, neither of us shot more than 50 times.

*still uses Nova and Trinity in Survival*

Bite me

I said nothing about Nova or Trinity, both are very good warframes for survival.  Esecially together.

Just no? no kind of discussion coming from you, just "nope you're wrong, I'm right."  Desecrate is slightly less useful than it sounds because bodies disappear, the developers made it this way so that people would use their abilities in mid fight instead of waiting till the end, makes the game more streamline.  If 15 enemies die at once around you then you desecrate, if only 1-3 then don't, it's not rocket science.  

There is nothing to discuss. None of Nekro's abilities are going to impede your survival attempts. If the minions are lagging your PC that isn't anyone elses fault. Terrify and SoD are both crowd control abilities, if used when you need.. you know.. crowd control, they do just fine.

Desecrate does not guarentee drops when you use it.. it just doesn't. To say its like killing double the enemies is flat wrong.

Edited by Kishward

There is nothing to discuss. None of Nekro's abilities are going to impede your survival attempts. If the minions are lagging your PC that isn't anyone elses fault. Terrify and SoD are both crowd control abilities, if used when you need.. you know.. crowd control, they do just fine.

Desecrate does not guarentee drops when you use it.. it just doesn't. To say its like killing double the enemies is flat wrong.

It has nothing to do with my computer, it lags the NETWORK.  By having the game need to render twice as much the person who is hosts network has to upload and download twice as much.  When you need crowd control in most survival missions you should just be getting out, there is no reason to CC in them unless you're having issues surviving.

Killing things doesn't guarantee drops either, so yes it is like killing double the enemies.  I would go as far as claiming it does more than that since they can drop health as well.

It has nothing to do with my computer, it lags the NETWORK.  By having the game need to render twice as much the person who is hosts network has to upload and download twice as much.  When you need crowd control in most survival missions you should just be getting out, there is no reason to CC in them unless you're having issues surviving.

Killing things doesn't guarantee drops either, so yes it is like killing double the enemies.  I would go as far as claiming it does more than that since they can drop health as well.

Hmm, i got to a 40 min mark with Nekros in my party, and he was using SotD whole time. I didnt even notice any of your problem.

lol ok last post by me.

I've never had SoD create network lag.. ever. Not as host, or as client or solo or whatever you are saying it does. So, I can only assume you had a bad host or something and are pinning the lag on SoD because you.. well I don't know.. have a beef with Nekros or something.

So you just run to extract when things get more difficult in survival so all CC powers are pointless... right ok man keep on doing your thing.

Immolator1001 pretty much nailed this one.

I know that you're giving an advice here, but understand that some people are not going for the loot or achievements.

I had quite a lot of fun building my mini-army of heavy grineers. My favourite was the flying moa army in the void survivals.

It's not like one play style fits them all, I mean, if you join a random room, you should expect random play styles.

Once again, I know where you're going with this, just sharing my thoughts.

I know that you're giving an advice here, but understand that some people are not going for the loot or achievements.

I had quite a lot of fun building my mini-army of heavy grineers. My favourite was the flying moa army in the void survivals.

It's not like one play style fits them all, I mean, if you join a random room, you should expect random play styles.

Once again, I know where you're going with this, just sharing my thoughts.

I had 9 of those flying lampshades in void, best skill/10

Soul punch is not just a straight up damage spell, it is also a bloody useful interrupt, do you have any clue how to play and get the most from the games cc, from the content of your post it would seem not. Further, terrify is also an armour de buff but primarily a damn good rescue if your team get into trouble. The ult is pretty much useless, any damage from the mobs it spawns is minimal, use the slot for something else.

Desecrate is a great skill when used correctly, only the nubs are crying about it becasue they too don't have a damn clue, use a carrier and it is health on tap, and as you found out its THE skill for doing extended survival runs, and a farmers wet dream. As for bodies disappearing too fast and minimising the value of desecrate  DE are aware and are going to address it, go watch the last Q&A

Edited by HexCaliber

Shadows of the Dead is quite fun :P you can use the Desecrate to them when they are dead. Which they will also give you some loots back. My friend told me you can get mod/airbox from them as well but I didnt try it yet. But I can confirmed that you can get ammo and health/energy orb from them.

Edited by ExorcistEX

Actually a good post, thanks. Pretty much what I thought about Nekros. I mean, it's a totally useless warframe, almost like Ash. You take him in team for farming, using Ogris and then Desecrate for Defense or Survival. And that's all I thought it would do.
Zombie army? Really? Which you have to maintain with last-kills? Nyx doesn't have this issue. Soul Punch? Well, will finish my Nekky and see, but if it's not AoE, it's below criticism(Mag can whoop 300 over WHOLE ROOM for 25 energy).

Soul punch is not just a straight up damage spell, it is also a bloody useful interrupt, do you have any clue how to play and get the most from the games cc, from the content of your post it would seem not. Further, terrify is also an armour de buff but primarily a damn good rescue if your team get into trouble. The ult is pretty much useless, any damage from the mobs it spawns is minimal, use the slot for something else.

Desecrate is a great skill when used correctly, only the nubs are crying about it becasue they too don't have a damn clue, use a carrier and it is health on tap, and as you found out its THE skill for doing extended survival runs, and a farmers wet dream. As for bodies disappearing too fast and minimising the value of desecrate  DE are aware and are going to address it, go watch the last Q&A

I know it interupts, also i have 548 hours playing this game, I understand how to use CC.  More so WHEN to use it, and if the point of survival was to just survive as long as possible then terrify and SotD would be extremely useful, but when you add in the fact that there is life support it changes how it is played.  Debuffing their armor only really works against the Grineer and anchient infested, so okay against those it's fine but if you're against corpus or being over run by small infested it is next to useless.  Again I am saying that in SURVIVAL ONLY these are not helpful skills for how much mana they cost and how little they do/impede other things from happening.  More so I am saying that desecrate is exponentially better than people make it out to be, and hell if you have the mana to sustain the terrify then use it, but if you have a nova on your team getting the enemies to stay away from her is stupid.

When you have rooms filled with lvl140 mobs that take ****all to kill, SotD and fear is great, less damage taken by your team.

Also, please play Nekros before telling others how it should play.

The point of this post was to state that when you're going in to farm for resources or even keys making it to 15 minutes is necessary and I have had FAR too many nekros that make it impossible.  When you're against lvl140 you're not able to kill things and farm for anything(including the life support) so when things start taking far too long to kill then you may as well leave.  After 15 minutes you don't get anything better anyway.