Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Privacy/Security Bug: Streamer/Creator Mode doesn't hide email when you press logout.

LazyBunnyKiera

When you press Logout from your profile menu on your orbiter, it doesn't hide the email address even when "streamer" Creator mode is enabled.

So if someone needs to log out and back in, and they go to profile, and logout, and then go to log back in, the email is there for everyone to see. And can be a pretty big privacy problem. And possibly a security problem for those streamers.

So this needs to be fixed ASAP. It's only a matter of time before this causes some big problems for someone.

edit: this is easily reproducable.
With Creator mode enabled, On your orbiter, press escape, then go to the profile section above Options, Then "Logout". Email, definitely visible.

Edited by LazyBunnyKiera

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, LazyBunnyKiera said:

This still isn't fixed and it's still a huge privacy concern. Why DE is ignoring this. I haven't a clue. It's probably an easy fix.

Well, there is a temporary (potential) solution: just quit the game, you don't need to hit logout. 

• Yes, I am assuming you thought of that and have a reason for not doing it. Others might be okay with it though.

13 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Well, there is a temporary (potential) solution: just quit the game, you don't need to hit logout. 

• Yes, I am assuming you thought of that and have a reason for not doing it. Others might be okay with it though.

That is a temporary solution. IF you know this is a problem. A lot of people re-log using the profile-logout. But not everyone knows the creator mode privacy doesn't apply to it.

I'm not a streamer. But my clan leaders are. So they had Creator Mode on, and needed to re-log, and instead of closing out of the game window in OBS like they would before creator-mode was introduced. Edit: They, 2 of them husband and wife duo. end-edit.
Since they used to log in, before bringing the game up on OBS.
They just logged out instead of restarting. Assuming it would obscure the email. And BOOM! There it was. Their email for everyone to see.

So i ask you @krc473 what do we do now? Do we (By we i mean DE) send out a message to all the streamers not to log-out through the profile section while streaming as it doesn't obscure their email even with Creator Mode active?
Or do we fix the problem?

Edited by LazyBunnyKiera

• 1 month later...

Creator Mode Change:

• When Creator Mode is enabled, the email field will now be soft locked to prevent accidentally typing your ‘ValkyrIsB3stG1rl’ password into your email field. You now must click the new lock icon to turn off the lock. If you attempt to click the email field while it’s locked, the lock icon will pulse to remind you to unlock it first.

This was in today's patch. But they still didn't fix profile-logout. So just pushing this back up so DE actually sees it. Considering it's a privacy issue.