Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Jovian Concord: Hotfix 25.2.1

[DE]Megan

Liking Wukong so far. Found it fun to stand before Lephantis' cousin on the Plains of Eidolon, and Defy him as he stomps and swings the scythe on my head, and returning the favor thereafter by destroying his infested minions with a counter swing of my staff. Then repositioning myself around the battlefield with Cloud Walker to whichever of his weak spots are exposed and taking shots at them.

However, I have some concern about the relevancy and potential of Iron Staff to be "powercreeped" again once Melee 3.0 arrives. The devs said Iron Staff is sort of a preview of Melee 3.0. It's nice to have Wukong showing us the prototype, but would this result in whatever is unique about how his exalted melee works now becoming commonplace once Melee 3.0 arrives? And would it start to look lackluster or diminished in comparison to non-exalted melee options once again?

To avoid this from possibly happening, I propose a few tweaks to his exalted melee:

1) Add Iron Jab and Iron Vault to his exalted melee move set. When you press and hold E, Wukong extends his staff to its full length for a brief jab, with infinite enemy punch through,  capable of hitting a target (s) in a straight line at some distance, and knocking them down. Costs 10 energy per use. Range and energy affected by modding. When you press and hold E while aiming at the ground, you trigger Iron Vault, the old augment for Wukong's 1, launching yourself into the air - if you ground slam after, the slam does some extra damage. and the animation uses the fat Iron Staff for adding oompf factor.

2) Improve the "gap closer" move in the new exalted melee move set. After some experimenting, the "gap closer" new Wukong has travels a shorter distance than a spin/slide attack. Doesn't close much of a gap.. Improve the "gap closer" by making it function similar to Valkyr's hysterical assault, but with less range than Valkyr. The Hysterical Assault mod has 40m base jump distance at rank 3. Wukong's "gap closer" can perhaps jump up to 20m away?

These features should be unique to Wukong's exalted melee, because... it is an exalted weapon. Should have certain things that stand out, like Excalibur's Exalted Blade has a few extra features like radial blind and getsuga tenshos 

Bugs:

• Please fix Cloud Walker turning off sprint. It's very frustrating having to turn sprint back on manually, over and over and over again.
  • If I hold the jump button before activating Cloud Walker, I do not get any vertical movement. I have to release the jump button and press it again. This is a frustrating input issue and I would appreciate a fix.

• Please increase the up/down movement speed of Cloud Walker, to make it consistent with the horizontal movement speed.
  • Please make Cloud Walker's speed affected by sprint speed mods. You claimed that we wouldn't want it to be any faster, but that's wrong. I do want it to be faster.
  • Please bring back the old Defy. This new one is terrible. While you have made the frame more fun overall with the fancy new Cloud Walker, it is now largely even worse than before as you've crippled the one good ability that Wukong had - the one ability that nobody wanted you to change.

This is community forum. DE only takes "announcer" part in it. You have issues, open support ticked. Prepare required evidence of the problem first (preferably make a public playlist at YouTube named "Unfixed issues in Warframe", and add a date and time to video titles).
If you want to raise awareness, post the issue at Reddit.

TBH, I actually want the "Planet of the Apes" adaptation as in the Chinese folklore, Wukong can indeed summoning numerous smaller monkeys. He pulls a pinch of hair and each hair becomes a smaller monkey, imagine the amount. 

23 hours ago, Glyphicality said:

Pssst. Please fix the Astilla's FX. 

Listen I know I keep posting this but also it's been like an entire year and it's still broken and looks awful. Pls. 

Because it's a wrong place to post a bug

1 hour ago, Xenophil said:

Because it's a wrong place to post a bug

I've posted this bug in my own bug report thread and in megaposts of FX bugs before, over half a year ago. It's almost like people use the hotfix forums, which DE watches closely for suggestions, to also suggest fixes that need to be made. 

On 2019-06-21 at 10:52 AM, RC-1175 said:

I still feel like Wukong's Cloud walker's duration is very short despite having a primed duration on and the rest duration mods. 😕

Yea, its way too short a duration to properly enjoy it. DE nerfed it hard for no real reason. Hopefully they add more duration or make it energy drain like the others.

Archived