Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One more thing Wukong needs

Lewdcifer

sigh

Ok. This has been on my mind since I've crafted Wukong and I need to address this in the most unnecessarily long way possible.

His name is Wukong. You're not even trying to refer to Sun Wukong, his name is literally, Wukong.

Why is his goddamn hell is his staffed called "Iron Staff", of all the names you could think of, "Iron Staff". Please think about how stupid that name is for any weapon in a game of space demigod controlled by void demons.

Of the Sun Wukong mythos, Wukong's signature staff is named Ruyi Jingu Bang. There is nothing to even hesitate about if you have to ask yourself "what should we name this staff weapon on our warframe called Wukong".

Please just for the love of Kars just rename his staff to Ruyi Jingu Bang.

And no I'm not going to complain about the rework. Go home if you wanted to roast some fools and stumbled in here.

• Like 1

because iron staff is made of iron of stick with 2 lightsaber top and bottom blade and its staff, what a creative name DE

sorry but i cant even pronounce it right "ruyi jingu bang" sound like Ra~ ya~ jen~ "gay~" bang~  

but same time i kind of like that name but i really doubt megan or reb can say it right how its written in chinese mythology imo.

It's a long tradition of taking names from other cultures and making them the least closest thing to the reverencethey were taken from.

Look at Yu-Gi-Oh cards for a reference to this-

"We are going to put in 3 Egyptian gods intou our game as somw of the most powerful cards ever."

"We should change the names since we change everything else when we bring it to the population outside of Japan. How about we change one of the cards names to a guy that no one in the world will know who he is and make him be worshipped as a result? Worked for Jesus..."

"And I got the perfect name....Slifer. it's a guy I owe $20 bucks to at some company."

"LETS DO IT!!!!"

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Dishinshoryuken said:

It's a long tradition of taking names from other cultures and making them the least closest thing to the reverencethey were taken from.

Ruyi Jingu Bang is actually a Staff/Cudgel made out of iron though, so it's entirely relevant.

17 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Ruyi Jingu Bang is actually a Staff/Cudgel made out of iron though, so it's entirely relevant.

If you really want to be more relevant, might as well rename it as 'Iron Pillar' if you think the Romanization of the original name's too difficult to pronounce.

4 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

If you really want to be more relevant, might as well rename it as 'Iron Pillar' if you think the Romanization of the original name's too difficult to pronounce.

Go all the way, "Iron Anchor".

Then I can play that one Alestorm song that I dare not link here for fear of a warning point whilst I club people to death.

Sorry OP, but as a long time Wukong player (not a "main," because I don't think that concept applies well in WF), I want to hijack your thread.

What does Wukong really need (which was woefully neglected with the rework)?

***NEW SOUNDS***

Please.... Please.... they're awful.... especially the hitting/striking sound of Ruyi Jingu Bang.

Edited by FatherGrimm
typo

10 minutes ago, FatherGrimm said:

What does Wukong really need (which was woefully neglected with the rework)?

***NEW SOUNDS***

Please.... Please.... they're awful.... especially the hitting/striking sound of Ruyi Jingu Bang.

WmZRZEu.png

34 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Go all the way, "Iron Anchor".

Then I can play that one Alestorm song that I dare not link here for fear of a warning point whilst I club people to death.

Make that song play automatically when you bash people to death with the Iron Anchor.

also make it impossible to mute

It's not the staff for one thing.  Being that its in a far distant fictional future and is a warframe reinvention of the mythos of the monkey king and not the actuall monkey king, then it stands to reason that the staff would not be the staff either but just a power made to emulate it.  It's not a staff that grant's power but a power that grant's you a staff, woohoo.