Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The curse of the Solo Clan

(PSN)CrysJaL

I started a solo clan a few months ago, with the goal of building it myself, researching everything (except hema for the meantime, because damn) and then eventually beginning to recruit players and make a proper community. 

Then Hostile Mergers came around. 

So here I am at the start of the event thinkimg cool, I'll get some sweet trophies I can stick in a few rooms. Plague star too, awesome I can finally get that 100th cystolyst that's been bothering me. I checked the page describing the clan event, spotted ghost clans, yep 20k points to get gold tier rewards, piece of cake. I'd already acquired 5.2k points in one run, how hard can it be? So I do another run, getting 4.3k points. Then I go to check my statistics. 

Oh no, I find the new points have not shown up. I'm slightly miffed at this and immediately create a support ticket. Shortly after that I read the event details again. I go into the ticket and apologise in a comment below.

I learn that total score is added up to create the total clan points. The total derived from the sum of all clan members' TOP scores. it's not additive like previous events.

So what am I to do? I guess I'll need to manage 20k points in one run which is apparently the only solution. Having experienced demolysts at 4k points and higher... Yeah this is gonna be a doozy huh? CC is useless, the gamemode freaks out and glitches regularly and I'm simply not Tavier bloody Corsair. Hell even as I look at vids of people who have achieved 20k points or even higher solo I learn that half the tricks and methods they used are redundant now, having been fixed or removed. (Trying Magus Lockdown and seeing the sleeping enemy moonwalk their way to a console was entertaining at least, still not sure if that was a glitch or part of a patch but hey does it really matter at this point?).

At first glance the best score points system isn't a problem regardless. Most clans could manage with their members hitting 5k points or a bit higher to make up for some slack. However with the lowest group clans being ghost clans requiring this many points, solo clans (being counted as ghost clans) have a much higher threshhold to reach. It's really not fair on those players and hurts their enjoyment of the event as they will now feel obligated to leave their dojos that they built themselves with blood sweat and tears (forty forma, along with tens of thousands of different resources is nothing to laugh at) or lose out.

This problem needs addressing. If events are going to work like this in the future then either Solo clans need to be acknowledged as separate entities from Ghost clans or the points system needs to be adjusted for solo clans in mind. I appreciate that DE may wish to encourage players to play together and with Railjack coming that makes sense, but many players have personal or important reasons to create solo clans and depriving them of that is unnecessary. in addition, alliances provide that group communication aswell. I'll finish with this comment, the beast that is solo clans has beeen here too long to be brought low without a certain level of player push back. There is little to gain in terms of player engagement and alot to gain in terms of player dissatisfaction by trying to make players give them up.

• Like 4

It was an event made for CLANS, not single houses. Those of us who make 1-man clans, must do it well aware of the pros and cons. Not being able to do well in an event is one of those cons.

Either get some people in the clan or get ready to do more. I know I did when I build my clan and did all research (including Hema) that came before Fortuna on my own. Then I got some people... but I only saw 1 thing start being researched without me being the one to do that since, so I'm doing all the heavy lifting still.

• Like 2

As somebody who basically ran a solo Ghost clan (there are other members, but they don't play) I did... exactly that. I only went up to 16,000, but I got a group together, set up an appropriate build, and powered through it, to level 180+ Demolysts. It is very clearly not what the mode was designed around me doing, but I wanted that trophy, so I did it.

If anything, I'm more proud of my accomplishment for it.

And, yes, Clans are meant for playing together. Solo clans are permitted, but not designed for.

• Like 4

"Solo Clan" is a contradiction in terms, and I say that as someone who runs a de-facto solo clan.  It's designed to be a social experience.  You already have to do the work of a ghost clan for research, and clan events are no different.  If you want the top tier bling then you have to be prepared to work for it.

Honestly, Hostile Mergers has been one of the most solo-clan friendly events I can remember.  I found a squad of randos on recruiting chat and we did 21K in an hour and three minutes.  Compare that to Ambulas Reborn and the Pacifism Defect, each of which I recall doing a marathon three hour run just to get myself in the top bracket.  I'll take Hostile Mergers over three hours of Defection any day.

• Like 3

vor 7 Stunden schrieb trst:

There is no issue here.

Clans aren't made to be solo content.

TBH they are.

In nearly any game that supports this feature, it's impossible to start a Clan, Squad, Corp, Guild, whatever beeing solo. I guess it's possible in WF because of all the items that'd be locked for players who simply don't want to join a clan...and ofcause for all the interior architects.

I think most people in solo clans won't start recruiting just to get event rewards. That doen't mean that they don't care about the rewards (like OP). It's also not an option to tell people: get some members, because a game isn't a profession (at least for the majority of players 😉 ). Forcing people to do something they don't like isn't a good idea if you want to keep those people. 

Just remember the Friend/Clanmember Nightwave challenges. I don't want to mix solo players with people running solo clans but the situation is comparable. Some people say "fk this sht". Forum warriors argue: "be social, this isn't a single player game". DE reacts: "We removed it".

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

It was an event made for CLANS, not single houses. Those of us who make 1-man clans, must do it well aware of the pros and cons. Not being able to do well in an event is one of those cons.

Either get some people in the clan or get ready to do more. I know I did when I build my clan and did all research (including Hema) that came before Fortuna on my own. Then I got some people... but I only saw 1 thing start being researched without me being the one to do that since, so I'm doing all the heavy lifting still.

That's the way clans are. You add us let us sit in and kick us if we play something else. If I know I'm going to get kicked by a clan some day down the road I'm not going to help with the research. Did that with my 1st clan, did not help in my 2ed 3ed or 4th clan and wont help with my 5th 6th 7th. If a clan doesn't have every thing when I look for a clan again I wont join and ill find another.

Clans are just a system most players have to use to get content. I'm sure some people love them, but for a lot of people its a means to an end. No reason to help a clan when you can just join another that has the thing your after.

• Like 1

You made a conscious decision to form a solo clan in a game that focuses on co-op play.  That's fine, play the game the way that you enjoy.  You can't then complain though if de introduce a challenge that focuses on co-op gameplay of some kind.

Most of this game can be completed solo.  It's nice, just occasionally, to have a challenge where we have to all lift together. 

5 hours ago, Birkenhoff said:

TBH they are.

In nearly any game that supports this feature, it's impossible to start a Clan, Squad, Corp, Guild, whatever beeing solo. I guess it's possible in WF because of all the items that'd be locked for players who simply don't want to join a clan...and ofcause for all the interior architects.

I think most people in solo clans won't start recruiting just to get event rewards. That doen't mean that they don't care about the rewards (like OP). It's also not an option to tell people: get some members, because a game isn't a profession (at least for the majority of players 😉 ). Forcing people to do something they don't like isn't a good idea if you want to keep those people. 

Just remember the Friend/Clanmember Nightwave challenges. I don't want to mix solo players with people running solo clans but the situation is comparable. Some people say "fk this sht". Forum warriors argue: "be social, this isn't a single player game". DE reacts: "We removed it".

It's not forcing anyone, clans are not made to be only solo like this, if you want to manage to get everything on your own, so be it but, clans are something bigger, try including the old Dark Sector System, I don't think you could manage to win alone.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

Then dont lock weapons behind them? Also I guess solo mode should be taken put since this is obviously a co-op game?

Seriously? I hope you are joking, you can't compare clans to solo mode, just because it doesn't work out like that with the Solo Clan while clans were designed to be open and not solo play.

14 hours ago, (PS4)CrysJaL said:

I started a solo clan a few months ago, with the goal of building it myself, researching everything (except hema for the meantime, because damn) and then eventually beginning to recruit players and make a proper community. 

So here I am at the start of the event thinkimg cool, I'll get some sweet trophies I can stick in a few rooms. Plague star too, awesome I can finally get that 100th cystolyst that's been bothering me. I checked the page describing the clan event, spotted ghost clans, yep 20k points to get gold tier rewards, piece of cake. I'd already acquired 5.2k points in one run, how hard can it be? So I do another run, getting 4.3k points. Then I go to check my statistics. 

Oh no, I find the new points have not shown up. I'm slightly miffed at this and immediately create a support ticket. Shortly after that I read the event details again. I go into the ticket and apologise in a comment below.

I learn that total score is added up to create the total clan points. The total derived from the sum of all clan members' TOP scores. it's not additive like previous events.

So what am I to do? I guess I'll need to manage 20k points in one run which is apparently the only solution. Having experienced demolysts at 4k points and higher... Yeah this is gonna be a doozy huh? CC is useless, the gamemode freaks out and glitches regularly and I'm simply not Tavier bloody Corsair. Hell even as I look at vids of people who have achieved 20k points or even higher solo I learn that half the tricks and methods they used are redundant now, having been fixed or removed. (Trying Magus Lockdown and seeing the sleeping enemy moonwalk their way to a console was entertaining at least, still not sure if that was a glitch or part of a patch but hey does it really matter at this point?).

At first glance the best score points system isn't a problem regardless. Most clans could manage with their members hitting 5k points or a bit higher to make up for some slack. However with the lowest group clans being ghost clans requiring this many points, solo clans (being counted as ghost clans) have a much higher threshhold to reach. It's really not fair on those players and hurts their enjoyment of the event as they will now feel obligated to leave their dojos that they built themselves with blood sweat and tears (forty forma, along with tens of thousands of different resources is nothing to laugh at) or lose out.

This problem needs addressing. If events are going to work like this in the future then either Solo clans need to be acknowledged as separate entities from Ghost clans or the points system needs to be adjusted for solo clans in mind. I appreciate that DE may wish to encourage players to play together and with Railjack coming that makes sense, but many players have personal or important reasons to create solo clans and depriving them of that is unnecessary. in addition, alliances provide that group communication aswell. I'll finish with this comment, the beast that is solo clans has beeen here too long to be brought low without a certain level of player push back. There is little to gain in terms of player engagement and alot to gain in terms of player dissatisfaction by trying to make players give them up.

Look up the definition of clans, "A clan is a group of people united by actual or perceived kinship and and descent"

Just because you are in a solo clan, doesn't mean it needs to be nerfed to the ground, solo clans do not need to be recognized as ghost clans if they aren't actually on ghost clan tier.

And by the way, to reach the goal of 20k, you don't need to be with a squad of only clanmates.

hace 14 horas, (PS4)CrysJaL dijo:

Clans are not (and it shouldnt ) be balance for solo playing . The concept of clan its not for solo . .... use a little your common sense before posting .

'B-but muh exclusive stuff, there must be pointless restricrions, teaming up and using voicechat with randos to play exactly like without in an easy game that's all about numbers and rng is challenging and those who don't have friends playing Warframe or want to bother recruiting should be nerfed, reeee!'-Don't expect anything more construcive on WF forums op, there's a reason even the devs abandoned it.

15 hours ago, (PS4)CrysJaL said:

Solo clans need to be acknowledged as separate entities from Ghost clans or the points system needs to be adjusted for solo clans in mind

No....

Waframe... the online co-Op game is under no obligation to recognize the problems or even acknowledge the existence of sullen loners....

That being said I want to create my own soli clan.... but I also want to form alliances with other Solo clans. 

• Like 1

The only solution is to get personal dojos and personal research since thats the point of solo clans forming. Then they could cut the reqs in half and be manageable solo. For this particular event ~9k would be a reasonable challenge solo. Being that it would be personal no one else could benefit from it (could be better bragging rights idk). Would guess its possible because it already happens with all the solo clans. That is a whole different topic to address.

Dealing with the current issue at hand the first issue you had was not reading the event notes carefully and when they announced it. There was plenty of time before the event to recruit 1-2 people to make getting the 20k total easier. Never saw so such a level of clan spam in chat right before the event started on pc. They should not be adjusting ghost clans for solo use but finding a solution to those that want to be solo and still have access to dojo amenities. Instead we get posts like this (which are needed for DE to see the issues just need to be in the feedback section not in a player-base only section) or clan hoppers. 

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Lutesque:

No....

Waframe... the online co-Op game is under no obligation to recognize the problems or even acknowledge the existence of sullen loners....

"With Clanmates / Friends' Act requirements have been removed completely" 

"Kill Profit Taker with Friends" Act is now just "Kill Profit Taker"

"Removed the ‘Sortie with Friends’ Act."

😉

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Birkenhoff said:

"With Clanmates / Friends' Act requirements have been removed completely" 

"Kill Profit Taker with Friends" Act is now just "Kill Profit Taker"

"Removed the ‘Sortie with Friends’ Act."

😉

And yet we have this thread.... Score one for Co-Op.... 😄

I would prefer rather than lowering requirements, they add an ability of clan alliances counting towards reward scores.

90% of the reason I haven’t moved to a larger active clan is all the resources I’ve dumped into my sorta solo dojo (one inactive player and one player I rarely see because of play times not matching up).  I also suck at recruiting...

Haven’t really thought about how it would work though.

• Like 2

I have a storm clan of mostly causul players on PS4 and a mostly solo PC clan (one other guy in it that came over from PS4 that also started a PC account)...

I really like the solar plan better I basically do all the research in those for the most part a ghost clans far easier.  As for trophies they don't really matter ... Both of us got a bit over 4k and got the terracotta trophy I think on ghost.  My storm clan on the other hand has about 10 people between 4000 and 6000. Still nothing. 

The only semi consequential event involving clan scoring was for The ignis wraith BP.  That seems to have been a one-time thing and they haven't done it again yet.  If every event needed your clan to score very highly to get a research weapon that had me attached I might have a different opinion.

It's pretty boring but if you want to really high score and you have to solo for it just use khora.  Her ensnare ability stops the demolyst he undoes your snare everytime it pulses a red wave but the snare is cheap and fast to cast you can reapply it on before it even stands up.  She can lock them in place as long as you need to and kill them.  When the other enemies get high enough level to be an annoyance just throw up some strangle domes.  If you build around accumulating whipclaw she can delete corpus enemies very quickly even at extremely high levels, the same build is very high on range which also makes the strangledome very effective CC.

• Like 1

vor 9 Stunden schrieb (XB1)Demon Intellect:

Then dont lock weapons behind them? Also I guess solo mode should be taken put since this is obviously a co-op game?

What has the one to do with the other? It´s a decision you make. DE offers you the choice and you decide whether you want to use it or not, but you should know the consequences and if you have a problem with them, you shouldn´t do it in the first place.

Maybe you should learn to take responsibility for your actions.

• Like 2