Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The curse of the Solo Clan

(PSN)CrysJaL

I want to highlight Buff00n's post.

You can literally do this with randoms. You aren't forced to do with your clan mates. That's huge! You as the solo player are not required to have anyone else with you. This puts you at the mercy of no one but yourself and your commitment the shinies. If you want it, work for it. Recruiting chat is always busy, a tiny amount of communication can go a long way.

17 hours ago, Buff00n said:

"Solo Clan" is a contradiction in terms, and I say that as someone who runs a de-facto solo clan.  It's designed to be a social experience.  You already have to do the work of a ghost clan for research, and clan events are no different.  If you want the top tier bling then you have to be prepared to work for it.

Honestly, Hostile Mergers has been one of the most solo-clan friendly events I can remember.  I found a squad of randos on recruiting chat and we did 21K in an hour and three minutes.  Compare that to Ambulas Reborn and the Pacifism Defect, each of which I recall doing a marathon three hour run just to get myself in the top bracket.  I'll take Hostile Mergers over three hours of Defection any day.

4 hours ago, Lutesque said:

That being said I want to create my own soli clan.... but I also want to form alliances with other Solo clans. 

That's basically what we have.  It just moves the varying ups and downs of attendance to the alliance level instead of the clan level.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, trst said:

There is no issue here.

Clans aren't made to be solo content.

Unless you are on DE staff and this is their official response I call bs on your statement.

2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I don't see an issue,

This is a competitive event, you lack the competence. 

You will not get the rewards.

I also do not get what you are missing out on. It's a trophy, who do you wanna impress in your solo clan? 

Agree on this.

Edited by Olphalarepth

3 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

What has the one to do with the other? It´s a decision you make. DE offers you the choice and you decide whether you want to use it or not, but you should know the consequences and if you have a problem with them, you shouldn´t do it in the first place.

Maybe you should learn to take responsibility for your actions.

This generation is pathetic. You're probably like what 15? When you learn what responsibilities are then come talk to me. I didnt really feel like getting into a long winded wall of text. Basic points, big clans die and the few remaing end up having to foot clan research of what is supposed to be 100 or 1000 people, the clans that are large and remain active expect you to log in daily so you cant really take a break from the game if you burn out, and finally some people actually have S#&$ to do in life. Believe it or not people who dont have 8 hours a day to dedicate to the game do play Warframe and dont really need or want the social aspect of it, so theyd prefer to move their dojo and research along at their own pace.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

This generation is pathetic. You're probably like what 15? When you learn what responsibilities are then come talk to me. I didnt really feel like getting into a long winded wall of text. Basic points, big clans die and the few remaing end up having to foot clan research of what is supposed to be 100 or 1000 people, the clans that are large and remain active expect you to log in daily so you cant really take a break from the game if you burn out, and finally some people actually have S#&$ to do in life. Believe it or not people who dont have 8 hours a day to dedicate to the game do play Warframe and dont really need or want the social aspect of it, so theyd prefer to move their dojo and research along at their own pace.

Well someone's super defensive. What's got you so upset? It's pretty small of you to assume things of the other person just because you disagree with what he says.

Sure big clans die, people leave and come back from Warframe, as they do in literally every game. It's the natural ebb and flow of the human attention span. 
The clans that "are large and remain active" might indeed kick you if you're off for two weeks, but they do that on a daily/weekly basis, so you can literally just ask for another invite when you're back. Since weapons seem to be the big thing you care about, you can join any clan, nab all the goodies, and scoot. You don't want or need the social aspect? No problem. No social aspect required beyond "inv pls". If that's too much for even you, then boy you have it rough. 
I get wanting to build your own clan, unlocking the access to all blueprints and weapons. But you really need to pick your poison, because it's not designed to have everything you want all the time. And considering the only thing you "lose" out on as a solo clan is basically exclusive cosmetics in a dojo that you'll basically never show to anyone due to wanting a solo clan and being so anti-social as you say, there's zero issue with the reward structure being the way it is.

• Like 2

I'm a solo clan, none my members is on so pretty much I am soloing this a lot (they had not been on for years like sense 2016).  All you need to do trust random members even thou you have an @##!!!!###e team/s, you'll do it either hardcore or die hard trying that where I learn my $###! from dark soul and went into warframe.

Edited by ChaoticEdge
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Azlen said:

Well someone's super defensive. What's got you so upset? It's pretty small of you to assume things of the other person just because you disagree with what he says.

Sure big clans die, people leave and come back from Warframe, as they do in literally every game. It's the natural ebb and flow of the human attention span. 
The clans that "are large and remain active" might indeed kick you if you're off for two weeks, but they do that on a daily/weekly basis, so you can literally just ask for another invite when you're back. Since weapons seem to be the big thing you care about, you can join any clan, nab all the goodies, and scoot. You don't want or need the social aspect? No problem. No social aspect required beyond "inv pls". If that's too much for even you, then boy you have it rough. 
I get wanting to build your own clan, unlocking the access to all blueprints and weapons. But you really need to pick your poison, because it's not designed to have everything you want all the time. And considering the only thing you "lose" out on as a solo clan is basically exclusive cosmetics in a dojo that you'll basically never show to anyone due to wanting a solo clan and being so anti-social as you say, there's zero issue with the reward structure being the way it is.

Only children use the term 'take responsibility' when referring to a video game. That's what annoyed me. Adults realize there is nothing serious enough in video games to need to 'take responsibility.' Honestly I've had my clan up and running for 5 years and have all clan research. So that really isnt the issue for me, it's mostly people just being A******s to people, like the original guy I quoted, who obviously are probably in high school and dont know what real life problems are or how much time investments are required when you have a family of your own and a job.

Edited by (XB1)Demon Intellect

2 hours ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

Only children use the term 'take responsibility' when referring to a video game. That's what annoyed me. Adults realize there is nothing serious enough in video games to need to 'take responsibility.' Honestly I've had my clan up and running for 5 years and have all clan research. So that really isnt the issue for me, it's mostly people just being A******s to people, like the original guy I quoted, who obviously are probably in high school and dont know what real life problems are or how much time investments are required when you have a family of your own and a job.

As a co owner of a pretty much solo clan since most members burned out in nightwave season one it's tough. Our resident tryhard is the only reason we got the ignis wraith as he had the constitution to stay in defection that long.

Honestly that other guy is correct. You do have to accept that responsibility of being a solo clan. Clans require people to get things done and if you choose to go it alone then you have to work 5x as hard for this event. I learned that in games you do have responsibility especially if you are the head of a clan. These are people that are under your care and you have to be willing to at the very least show that you care about this game as much as they do.  So if just saying you have to take responsibility sets you off then I can't help you as you made the choice and calling him out as a child just makes you look like a child yourself. A wife, kids, and job technically don't make you a man its the maturity of you mind and actions that determine that.

• Like 1

With complete sympathy to your problem, I can only echo that Clans are not intended and designed to be Solo endeavors.

That said, I think an enormous part of this issue is the purely clan-oriented design of event merit trophies.  There simply should be personal-sized decorative trophies available, too.  We should have things to put in our orbiters and clans, things that are beyond the standard offerings of Sigils or Emblems that are generally almost never used by people.  I mean, they're all this monochromatic high-contrast holography, they're garish. 

Like, Tethra's Doom had the only good Emblem, ya know?  It was a little implosive light show on your shoulder, a little singularity of space magic.  It was cool.

I mean, that's a severe digression, but Emblems suck in general.  Maybe they'd be cool if they were actual geometry or something instead of these holographic projections.

I digressed within a digression.

Point is, people who do well in events should be able to earn or produce via Foundry some decorative trophies for Orbiter and Dojo.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, (PS4)Tenchi145 said:

As a co owner of a pretty much solo clan since most members burned out in nightwave season one it's tough. Our resident tryhard is the only reason we got the ignis wraith as he had the constitution to stay in defection that long.

Honestly that other guy is correct. You do have to accept that responsibility of being a solo clan. Clans require people to get things done and if you choose to go it alone then you have to work 5x as hard for this event. I learned that in games you do have responsibility especially if you are the head of a clan. These are people that are under your care and you have to be willing to at the very least show that you care about this game as much as they do.  So if just saying you have to take responsibility sets you off then I can't help you as you made the choice and calling him out as a child just makes you look like a child yourself. A wife, kids, and job technically don't make you a man its the maturity of you mind and actions that determine that.

Couldnt care less about the event. What I'm talking about is people saying solo clans and stuff shouldnt exist.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

Couldnt care less about the event. What I'm talking about is people saying solo clans and stuff shouldnt exist.

Reading through the thread I have yet to see people saying solo clans shouldn't exist. What they ARE saying is that the idea of a clan involves multiple people and as such events with clan based scoring aren't going to cater to one man clans. .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

No one has said that.  

What has been said is that OP needs to accept that they're trying to solo content meant for a group of people to partake and they need to accept the consequences of that choice. 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

Solo clans can exist of course, but you need to live with the fact, that it is total highscore and not going in, getting 4k, going out back in and repeat and then suddenly its a total score of 8k, Solo clans shouldnt get special treatment since a clan isnt meant to be solo only.
of course solo clans can exist, but those who have a Solo clan need to pay their price and live with it, search up the definition of the word Clan.

Also funny is how i got laugh reaction on my comments for saying my opinion about solo clans, thank you all for the total reputation 🙂 

• Like 1

On 2019-06-21 at 4:26 PM, Birkenhoff said:

"With Clanmates / Friends' Act requirements have been removed completely" 

"Kill Profit Taker with Friends" Act is now just "Kill Profit Taker"

"Removed the ‘Sortie with Friends’ Act."

😉

Well playing co-op is not the same as limiting players to play with specific people (or have them add total strangers as friends just to complete Nightwave). I have this issue in every online game I play; most of my irl friends don't play videogames and my gaming friends are either in the wrong timezone or only play a couple of hours a week. As much as I am a solo player in Warframe I wouldn't have had any issue with those challenges if it had been "play co-op" instead of "play with friends / clan".

Now to the actual topic: I have a solo clan, because I don't like the drama and other extra baggage that comes with real clans. I think the requirements for clan events are fine, doing this stuff solo shouldn't be easy because, even tho we are allowed to have solo clans, the basic idea of a clan is to form a community and work together to achieve things.

Edited by Leyvonne
typos
  • Like 4

Yeah...but.... why not cumulative points? Why we should stay 3h in a single mission?

I love hard things... but this is just a waste of time. 

Just imagine if you die your last life with 19,900 points after 2:40 H? 

Or your family needs help...or internet ...or something...

Not fun...  

I ran out of ammo after 50min...my mistake... waste my time...

get bored... quit!

• Like 1

On 2019-06-21 at 5:21 PM, 0_The_F00l said:

I don't see an issue,

This is a competitive event, you lack the competence. 

You will not get the rewards.

I also do not get what you are missing out on. It's a trophy, who do you wanna impress in your solo clan? 

Lacking competence isn't the issue when the point is that the inherent balance is unfair. By your logic everyone should actually be expected to hit 20k points each instead, after all they're incompetent aswell right? Therefore their contributions shouldn't be included because it's unfair to the clans with tryhards in them. Those clans dont deserve the trophies, the same as myself. This may surprise you, but videogames aren't just meant for tryharding.

Let's tell one of the runners at the next olypmics that they have to run 200m instead of 100m like everyone else and see how they feel about that. If they complain it's unfair we can tell them they're just not trying hard enough.

• Like 1

I just started a solo clan. Maybe someday I'll add some members. I went into it knowing how DE judges clans in events as I was in a large casual clan beforehand.
I don't consider how DE does the events to be a good way of doing it. It's just the easiest way out for them. However it is what it is, and we're all playing by the same rules. So I'm just happy I'm not running a moon clan with just a few hard core players. That's even harder to get things done.

• Like 1

Meh. I'm in the same boat as the OP, difference is idgaf. 

My solo clan was so I could get the research gear, and add a drifter or two who just want the gear and the occasional spot of help. The dojo is pretty bare bones and I'm ok with that. 

I understand the wish to get everything, but I also accept that the intent of these sorts of things, is to encourage us to work together as a clan, to achieve the goals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)CrysJaL said:

Lacking competence isn't the issue when the point is that the inherent balance is unfair. By your logic everyone should actually be expected to hit 20k points each instead, after all they're incompetent aswell right? Therefore their contributions shouldn't be included because it's unfair to the clans with tryhards in them. Those clans dont deserve the trophies, the same as myself. This may surprise you, but videogames aren't just meant for tryharding.

20k per "clan" , for ghosts, so you do lack competence as a clan, 

due to the sheer fact that you do not have the players that are able to meet the criteria. 

The logic is fine, you are just salty cause you thought it would be easy to solo but it isnt. 

Do not confuse the efforts of an organization with the efforts of an individual.

2 hours ago, (PS4)CrysJaL said:

Let's tell one of the runners at the next olypmics that they have to run 200m instead of 100m like everyone else and see how they feel about that. If they complain it's unfair we can tell them they're just not trying hard enough.

That is exactly it, he will be judged for his ability to run 200m and if he isn't able to finish then he is incompetent for that specific event, there will be others that are competent in both, 

Your example is flawed as it does not even compliment your argument. 

You also speak as if it was your clan alone that was singled out and given extra difficult conditions when that is not the truth. 

The criteria was 50% of the maximum player count in the clan must get 4k score to get gold (then you just use maths and find the points needed by individuals by doing some basic calculations) 

Why do you feel it is unfair in any way? 

Edited by 0_The_F00l
Additional info