Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hemocyte slam attack kill bug

Alighierian

During my somewhat numerous runs I've encountered the following bug at least 2, maybe 3 times.

In short: After the forward melee slam's 'stuck in ground'-phase, at the start of the reset back to idle, frame and Archwing get damaged as if hit by the slam attack itself.

After some combinations for weapons and frames I've taken to using my Wisp+Itzal to solo Plague Star, generally with rather decent results. On sporadic instances, however, I've encountered this bug where it just kills me, even though I'm not lagging, I didn't get hit by the slam itself, and I wasn't directly near the scythe when it started resetting. Nevertheless, it just slaps me with the full damage as if I was admiring the scenery and he slammed the blade though my frame.

The screenshot shows where I died in the air (Itzal), after the melee head started retracting his scythe. He slammed down near the left of the rock, and I made sure to keep well clear of the attack, both before and after as this isn't the first time I've had this happen. I've checked the EE.log via https://semlar.com/deathlog, which listed the following:

02:01:20 - <Alighierian> took 4,338 damage at 2,096 health from a level 75 HEMOCYTE using a EidolonLephantisSlamTrig

I haven't found any clues on what actually causes it or how to replicate it. I can't say if it's purely linked to using Archwing, as I currently only run Plague Star with the Wisp+Itzal combo, and it's very inconsistent with triggering. The only consistent parts are me being in Archwing, flying around to trigger the attacks but dodging them before they hit me. Hemocyte slams down, I shoot it some more, and me getting killed as soon it starts resetting after the attack, despite being well clear of the of the blade.

The earlier incidents were some two days ago, in the same run to boot, and the EE.log listed the same attack as being the culprit:

23:33:55 - <Alighierian> took 3,758 damage at 2,439 health from a level 55 HEMOCYTE using a EidolonLephantisSlamTrig

23:39:22 - <Alighierian> took 6,063 damage at 2,439 health from a level 75 HEMOCYTE using a EidolonLephantisSlamTrig

dtbBZQz.png?1

Edited by Alighierian
Clarified the TL;DR a bit

In open world maps if you receive enough damage in short period while in AW, you die instead of falling down off Archwing (regardless of your AW EHP).

It is not tied to Hemocyte.

Most slam attacks have higher range than weapon reach.

Solution: do not try to cheese it in AW. 

Edited by Zakkhar

13 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

In open world maps if you receive enough damage in short period while in AW, you die instead of falling down off Archwing (regardless of your AW EHP).

It is not tied to Hemocyte.

Most slam attacks have higher range than weapon reach.

Solution: do not try to cheese it in AW. 

Which would be one thing, but does not even remotely explain why the damage listed is related to hemocyte slam attack.

02:01:20 - <Alighierian> took 4,338 damage at 2,096 health from a level 75 HEMOCYTE using a EidolonLephantisSlamTrig

That bit right there, as mentioned in the post. I got that from the EE.log which Warframe uses to track stuff. If it would be random unrelated damage which mysteriously stacks at the same time as another event, namely, the Hemocyte starting to retract its scythe, I'd start asking some serious questions about what the hell is going on coding-wise.

In other words: If you'd have actually read the post, you'd have known it isn't about instantly dying in AW. It isn't even about dying in AW during the fight. It's about getting hit by an attack during a moment which should, and is, design wise, not an attack phase or animation. It is very possibly tied to AW, but more in relation to something that happens during the Hemocyte's animation cycle and interacts with AW in an unintended manner.

I'll sum it up again:

• I lure out the melee attack of the 3rd head after killing the other 2
  • During the attack ramp up I dodge out of the way, so I can avoid the attack
  • Attack animation, with me taking 0 damage because I dodged out of the way in advance
  • 'Stuck in ground'-animation phase, during which I damage the head some more
  • 'Stuck in ground' ends and the Hemocyte starts resetting back to idle
  • I get one-shotted out of the sky by 'HEMOCYTE using a EidolonLephantisSlamTrig' during the initial bit of the reset animation