Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear UI Dev team, about enhancing a relic mid mission.

IzzyTH-I51

It currently feels a little clunky from the lack of auto equipping the relic you just raded.

There may be a point to not immediately equip the relic you just raded mid mission, but I'm not seeing that point.

What I'm saying is, if I rad a relic, mid mission, it's much more likely that I want to immediately use that relic, so it should auto equip, instead of taking the precious 2 seconds we have left after figuring out which relic to rad just to select it again after rading.

Anyone else for auto equip relic after leveling it?

Back me up here, yea or nay?

I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to go with nay on this. Most of the time I want to rad something, it's because my Void trace supply is getting full and I just want to use it. When that happens, the rad is mostly a relic I'm saving up for later use.

Understandable, but this could also be done before a mission at the relic terminal, though that also makes balancing total traces kind of annoying... So that's a good point, maybe a preference setting, wonder if that would be a harder UI change... The amount that squad mates and I just run out of time trying to select a relic though, something could be done there to improve the flow.

4 minutes ago, IzzyTH-I51 said:

Understandable, but this could also be done before a mission at the relic terminal, though that also makes balancing total traces kind of annoying... So that's a good point, maybe a preference setting, wonder if that would be a harder UI change... The amount that squad mates and I just run out of time trying to select a relic though, something could be done there to improve the flow.

Well, if your worry is the hassle of finding your rad relic, perhaps the sorting option could help? One of the option for Relic sorting window is "Refinement", which put Relic in order of their refinement level, Radiant being the highest priority.

The selection speed might not be increased from that though, I do most of my rad for later in the terminal, and normally sort by owned, sorting by rad will sort it by owned rad, which will still be a lot to go through for some. 

The process for us now is pick relic, refine relic, pick relic again. Which can be a lot for the few seconds we have. Although also with using the terminal like before we had this ability to refine mid mission I would normally just refine the relics I wanted to use going into any void mission.

So it's really a non issue, but it'd be nice to figure out a more efficient way of cutting down selection time.

The process can also be find relic, and refine it before selecting it, and then select it but then you run the risk of not having a relic if you run out of time, and in the previous case everyone else could select a relic while your refining and end the time before you're finished. Which is what tends to happen to me.

I'll back you up on this. Ability to rad mid mission is my favorite part of UI update, but it's defeated by clunky interaction when you want to immediately equip it. 

I'm not going to suggest any solutions, but I definitely second the problem statement. When I rad a relic mid mission with the intention of immediately using it in the next round (which is 100% of the time I'm using this feature), it takes way too long to perform that action using the UI elements at our disposal.