Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't Use This Mod Because Your Sentinel Has This Mod, Ok. Why Is It Like This?

__Kanade__

It's stupid to not be able to equip your maxed mod because your Sentinel is using the same maxed mod. Why is it like this? What makes max Serration on my Supra different from max Serration on my Sentinel?

I no longer use my Deth Cube, just the Carrier now, but I don't even have a weapon on it since I'm just using it solely to help me collect resources.

I don't know why you guys have it set up like this, everytime I wanted to put on a mod, it would end up telling I can't use it cause my Sentinel has it, so then I would have to unequip the specified mod from my Sentinel just so that I could actually use it for my weapon.

I don't have duplicates of Serration or Armor Piercing or whatever, so it's not like I can just equip an unranked one on my Sentinel just like that.

Edited by __Kanade__

Because it was never intended in the first place to be able to share mods between your weapon and your sentinels weapon.

Also, it makes no sense to be able to bring the same mod into the same mission while having it on two different items that are also going into the same mission.

I find the bug annoying too. I had two maxed Split Chambers for me and my Cube, but now it won't let me equip ANY of my two maxed mods on my Cube while I have one of my main.

I had to almost-max another Split Chamber (and other damage mods) just for my Cube... Even tho I have duplicates...

You guys do realise what he's saying isn't why he can't use the same mod on his sentinel-weapon and his weapon at the same time, but why does he have to unequip the mod from a sentinel-weapon he's not using to be able to use it on his weapon.

Im sure it a lot easier to code the mod conflict irrespective of currently equipped weapons. Trying to come up with a scheme in my head that will check for CURRENTLY equipped conflicts does not result in many simple solutions, or rather, to pull off current equipment conflicts may increase confusion more than it helps.

It's stupid to not be able to equip your maxed mod because your Sentinel is using the same maxed mod. Why is it like this? What makes max Serration on my Supra different from max Serration on my Sentinel?

I no longer use my Deth Cube, just the Carrier now, but I don't even have a weapon on it since I'm just using it solely to help me collect resources.

I don't know why you guys have it set up like this, everytime I wanted to put on a mod, it would end up telling I can't use it cause my Sentinel has it, so then I would have to unequip the specified mod from my Sentinel just so that I could actually use it for my weapon.

I don't have duplicates of Serration or Armor Piercing or whatever, so it's not like I can just equip an unranked one on my Sentinel just like that.

There was no intend of you beeing able to equip them on both (weapon and sentinel) if u want them on both, simply get a second mod and lvl it.

All this is going to do is make us all use the shotgun for the sentinel or the rifle.

We will still have to strip mods every time we want to change to and from rifle/shotgun, but I am never going to farm up dupes of weapon mods.  It is stupid to ask us to do this, the way they had it, bug or not, was far better.

So i am still getting max damage out of my sentinel (can't use pistol ever though) on shotgun or rifle with my formad sentinel weapons, but I have to not be allowed to use the new setup system for rifles or shotguns and strip mods every time.

Hopefully common sense kicks in and at least allows you to equip all mods on sentinel for shotgun when you have a rifle for main and not have to go through each shotgun to remove the mods off all my set ups and vice versa.  It would make sense that if I am holding a rifle, even though mods are on my Sobek, it is not equiped and so my sentinel can use all the mods.  If I switch it swaps my sentinel weapon to rifle.  That would be great and make sense, but I am going to likely have to strip rifles and shotguns whenever I switch between them...  Sigh...

Common sense though, its rare past 2001.

Edited by Nickeltoe

Not a problem for me, I've kept a second set of rifle and pistol mods for a long while, and when they started talking about new sentinels I started building up another set of shotgun mods. Seemed to make perfect sense to me. I think it's OK the way it is, although an option to automatically remove it from all sentinel weapons or all your weapons and re-equip it would be fine.

I find the bug annoying too. I had two maxed Split Chambers for me and my Cube, but now it won't let me equip ANY of my two maxed mods on my Cube while I have one of my main.

I had to almost-max another Split Chamber (and other damage mods) just for my Cube... Even tho I have duplicates...

So, that was seriously easier than just going through your rifles and un-equipping all your mods, putting one on your dethcube, and then putting the other one on all your weapons? This isn't a valid complaint, you had both of them equipped somewhere but were too lazy to resolve the issue, that's why you ranked up a third one.

Okay, having read and understood all posts, here's where we're at:

The current system doesn't allow any mods to be shared with other weapons because the idea is that you're only taking that mod into the game on one weapon. The whole "sharing" system is really just convenience.

This applies to the OP as well, but the OP is saying that he wants to equip a mod on his gun that is currently equipped in a sentinel's gun he's not using. It would fit in the lore to allow him to do this, but the game won't allow it.

My answer to the OP's problem is that yes, it fits the lore and would make sense, but it doesn't make sense from a usability standpoint. If the game allows you to equip the mod anyway, now we need new pop ups. Either one like Carlieth suggested that lets you remove the mod from that screen and put it on your sentinel, or they need a new pop up when you later try to equip that gun or a big NO sign) that says sorry, you can't equip this gun since it has mods shared by a sentinel's gun. That's even more confusing than the current system. So what should the OP do? Suck it up and unequip all the mods from your sentinel guns. Problem solved. It's really the easiest thing for you to do, OP, because you said you never use other sentinels anyway. Either remove all the mods from the guns, or set the guns to loadout B/C, whichever is empty.

Any other suggestion makes more work for DE that also makes more annoyances for players. Just unequip it all if you keep running into the problem. Simplest solution and it's the best one.

There should just be a marker for the mods which are equipped by the sentinel and if you want to equip a mod your sentinel has, instead of saying "the sentinel has this mod equipped" a prompt should be shown where you can equip the mod to your frame while unequipping it from the sentinel.

Welp, that was a long sentence.

There was no intend of you beeing able to equip them on both (weapon and sentinel) if u want them on both, simply get a second mod and lvl it.

The problem is that I cannot equip my serration to my Cube's death machine rifle while I am armed with a Hek because my Supra, which is not equipped because I have Hek equiped, has a serration on it.

The problem is that I cannot equip my serration to my Cube's death machine rifle while I am armed with a Hek because my Supra, which is not equipped because I have Hek equiped, has a serration on it.

have you thought about what would happen if one mission you want to equip your supra?

Edited by birdei

I understand the complaint because I find it annoying as well.  I liked the idea of being able to load up multiple pieces of gear without the hassle of unequipping/reequipping every time I wanted to use something else.  I've always hated that the sentinels use the same mods that my main weapons do.  But with the new sentinel that uses shotgun mods, I have Soma equipped which is a rifle and if I wanted to use my shotgun mods on my sentinel, I would have to go unequip the mods from ALL of my shotguns.  That makes the convenience of the new system.... inconvenient.  It would by like getting a digital copy of a movie with a Blu-ray but if you downloaded the digital copy to your digital device you couldn't watch the Blu-ray because you're only allowed to be viewing the movie on one device.  However even if the device is OFF you have to turn it ON and REMOVE the digital copy before you can use the Blu-Ray making the "convenience" of having a digital copy worthless.  What I'm trying to say here is screw you, EA.

I understand the complaint because I find it annoying as well.  I liked the idea of being able to load up multiple pieces of gear without the hassle of unequipping/reequipping every time I wanted to use something else.  I've always hated that the sentinels use the same mods that my main weapons do.  But with the new sentinel that uses shotgun mods, I have Soma equipped which is a rifle and if I wanted to use my shotgun mods on my sentinel, I would have to go unequip the mods from ALL of my shotguns.  That makes the convenience of the new system.... inconvenient.  It would by like getting a digital copy of a movie with a Blu-ray but if you downloaded the digital copy to your digital device you couldn't watch the Blu-ray because you're only allowed to be viewing the movie on one device.  However even if the device is OFF you have to turn it ON and REMOVE the digital copy before you can use the Blu-Ray making the "convenience" of having a digital copy worthless.  What I'm trying to say here is screw you, EA.

you have two different copies, a blu ray and a digital copy therefore you could watch both at once on seperate devices. Now if you only have a digital copy, you can't use it at same time, lets just say you need to log in an account, because you can only log in from one device. If you try to log in from another device, you can't cause that account is in use. Another example would be an account to a game, only one device per account can be log in. I have FF XI install on 2 pc, 360, ps2 and ps3 but I can only use one device for my one account.

so back to the mod, since you can't have two things equip at the same time, therefore when you try to equip that rifle with serration, the game won't let you. Its not about what you haven't equip, its about what you will be equiped with.

Edited by birdei