Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SeRialPiXel

Can we have a talk about the garbage that is Kuva Survival?

Recommended Posts

This will just be an input.
You know, after losing 1 HOUR worth of kuva because of host migration I'd like to ask: what is the point of keeping Kuva survival like it is right now? It's a mission you MUST have boosters on or it's wasting your time, 1 HOUR of it gives you barely the amount of Kuva for 4 rolls that you can throw in the trashcan if RNG is not with you (and oh boy, will he not be with you).

Can we perhaps change the mission to be either a disruption or at least for the love of god avoid these frustrating host migrations or random crashes? For many players Kuva Farming is what's left to do after you've achieved pretty much anything you want. And what happens? You go on this via crucis of pain while you keep your finger crossed that this time no host will leave or that you don't get randomly kicked out of the mission and waste 1 hour of your life. Jesus.
There is one form of content that is slighly close to endgame which is rivens and the only way to aquire the material for it is an excruciating pain that will have you burnt out for days with s*** like this. Is it possible that we still don't have a way to fix it? God at least give some way of collecting the resources you gathered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Instead of simply making Kuva easier to get I personally think they should make decent rivens easier to roll. The highly volatile RNG on Riven rolling is the worst part of the grind if you ask me. The gameplay of grinding Kuva is only so bad because internally you understand you'll randomly have to sign up for grinding a couple hundred rolls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Blatantfool said:

 Instead of simply making Kuva easier to get I personally think they should make decent rivens easier to roll. The highly volatile RNG on Riven rolling is the worst part of the grind if you ask me. The gameplay of grinding Kuva is only so bad because interntally you understand you'll randomly have to sign up for grinding a couple hundred rolls.

Yeah having the rerolls be cheaper would probably be the simplest way to do it, having to farm 3500 Kuva every single time's just a b*tch. Either that or just increase the amount Kuva survival gives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, gekkougabutt said:

Yeah having the rerolls be cheaper would probably be the simplest way to do it, having to farm 3500 Kuva every single time's just a b*tch. Either that or just increase the amount Kuva survival gives.

 Though I know there is a decent chunk of players who don't feel the same as me, I see Rivens as being a throwback to Diablo 3's loot problems around it's launch. You just get way too much crap that can't be used. Weapons simply should not be able to roll stats that have no effect, for example. This is a pointless waste. Riven mods are large investments and simply do not need 'Bum prize' turn outs. That's not all I would love to see done, but I figure it's the smallest change they could make that would have a real impact.

 Riven rolling as a process could use further refinement. In essence, both the floor and the ceiling of how good a Riven is need to be brought closer together. If Rivens can no longer roll unusable stats on a weapon that means bonuses are always going to make the weapon better but negatives are also more likely to be a gameplay changing detriment. But this is good. More consistent Rivens are desirable because you're more likely to be able to make them work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What'd work best for me is to have a 'Full' Roll where every stat is randomized, and a 'precise' roll, where you choose one stat to randomize.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YoshixInfinite said:

What'd work best for me is to have a 'Full' Roll where every stat is randomized, and a 'precise' roll, where you choose one stat to randomize.

 I'd love this. I'd even be cool with this being more expensive than a normal roll. Even if it cost twice as much Kuva to precise roll it'd still be a good way to guarantee that eventually the Riven will be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Blatantfool said:

 I'd love this. I'd even be cool with this being more expensive than a normal roll. Even if it cost twice as much Kuva to precise roll it'd still be a good way to guarantee that eventually the Riven will be good.

A guaranteed improvement over time would definitely be nice, but I don't see DE ever adding it in the near future. The problem being it's either too good, or worthless. And there is no in between. It'll either be better than YOLO rolling, and too powerful in DE's eyes when it comes to improving a riven, or it could come with some drawback that makes it anywhere from slightly worse to downright garbage in comparison to normal rolling. Not saying someone won't come up with a good idea in the future, just that nothing I've seen would be remotely balanced enough for me to think DE would consider it.

2 hours ago, SeRialPiXel said:

This will just be an input.
You know, after losing 1 HOUR worth of kuva because of host migration I'd like to ask: what is the point of keeping Kuva survival like it is right now? It's a mission you MUST have boosters on or it's wasting your time, 1 HOUR of it gives you barely the amount of Kuva for 4 rolls that you can throw in the trashcan if RNG is not with you (and oh boy, will he not be with you).

Can we perhaps change the mission to be either a disruption or at least for the love of god avoid these frustrating host migrations or random crashes? For many players Kuva Farming is what's left to do after you've achieved pretty much anything you want. And what happens? You go on this via crucis of pain while you keep your finger crossed that this time no host will leave or that you don't get randomly kicked out of the mission and waste 1 hour of your life. Jesus.
There is one form of content that is slighly close to endgame which is rivens and the only way to aquire the material for it is an excruciating pain that will have you burnt out for days with s*** like this. Is it possible that we still don't have a way to fix it? God at least give some way of collecting the resources you gathered.

Always see these posts crying about host migrations. And I get it, they suck. Losing your stuff? Megasucks. DE should've created a better system by now where this doesn't happen. There's GOT to be a way. Hell, make it so when the host's connection even remotely fluctuates, take a flash of the squad's loot screens, and hold that data. It could literally be coded so the session hold's that data before it initiates the host migration. There are ways.
 

That said, if you're worried about it... if you're worried about it? Just make sure you host. It's literally not hard at all. A few clicks and you guarantee you are the host. Then BOOM, you never have to fret about host migrations again. I don't DC unless my house's power goes out, so I always host if the mission is something I even remotely care about. Especially if it's any kind of endurance run. 

Also since I didn't see it mentioned yet, you can submit a support ticket giving them as many details as you can about the mission, and a good percentage of the time, they can recover your rewards. Just FYI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kuva before they got a buff was originally at 100 kuva that was before they updated the kuva to be 200.  It was worst and the double boost was flipping over farming, now they got kuva to be 200 for you can do the double boost resources for that which make it 400.  It feels like the kuva on other missions feel like its worth more then doing it for hours which complete a mission have 600 kuva is way faster and having the booster gives you 1200 kuva and the harder one gives like 1k which we get somewhere in 2.5k something like that for the booster which short time = faster kuva to gain then an hours which it is true but to compared it of waiting time or doing kuva survival

every 5 min = 1 life support

kuva 200 x 2 double booster resource = 400 kuva

spending 1 hour = 12 life support

12 life support x by 400 kuva = 4800 kuva but

if the life support is every 2 min for every 1 life support divide by 1 hour you'll get 30 life support so

30 life suport x by 400 kuva = 12,000 which mine was pretty close result if I remember the life support come in every 2 min or so. Without the double booster resources you'll get 6000 kuva

So is survival kuva is worth it?  In some what matter of ways yes and no depending on grinding which it would be nice if they updated to be 400 resources every drop so we can do double boost resource for that and getting 800 kuva which you get less complain about kuva issues, ppl pay more plat for resources needs of the booster and no one crying about their farming kuva in survival sux.  Which double resources is very good payment and probably way faster then expected to be.  At the time being the dev is focus on 1 thing at the time but someday we wish they up the kuva's reward a bit more for survival about another 200 kuva into it because its weird that kuva gain more by the kuva machine then survival and we'll be asking how this is better then the one we got doing as a vacuum for it is going scratch ppl's head for this for days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

kuva before they got a buff was originally at 100 kuva that was before they updated the kuva to be 200.  It was worst and the double boost was flipping over farming, now they got kuva to be 200 for you can do the double boost resources for that which make it 400.  It feels like the kuva on other missions feel like its worth more then doing it for hours which complete a mission have 600 kuva is way faster and having the booster gives you 1200 kuva and the harder one gives like 1k which we get somewhere in 2.5k something like that for the booster which short time = faster kuva to gain then an hours which it is true but to compared it of waiting time or doing kuva survival

every 5 min = 1 life support

kuva 200 x 2 double booster resource = 400 kuva

spending 1 hour = 12 life support

12 life support x by 400 kuva = 4800 kuva but

if the life support is every 2 min for every 1 life support divide by 1 hour you'll get 30 life support so

30 life suport x by 400 kuva = 12,000 which mine was pretty close result if I remember the life support come in every 2 min or so. Without the double booster resources you'll get 6000 kuva

So is survival kuva is worth it?  In some what matter of ways yes and no depending on grinding which it would be nice if they updated to be 400 resources every drop so we can do double boost resource for that and getting 800 kuva which you get less complain about kuva issues, ppl pay more plat for resources needs of the booster and no one crying about their farming kuva in survival sux.  Which double resources is very good payment and probably way faster then expected to be.  At the time being the dev is focus on 1 thing at the time but someday we wish they up the kuva's reward a bit more for survival about another 200 kuva into it because its weird that kuva gain more by the kuva machine then survival and we'll be asking how this is better then the one we got doing as a vacuum for it is going scratch ppl's head for this for days.

Say again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kuva and riven rolls are like free loot boxes in a way. You always get better stats, just not the ones You personally want. In that regard, you want game breaking God-rolls, grind for it. No exceptions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Azlen said:

That said, if you're worried about it... if you're worried about it? Just make sure you host. It's literally not hard at all. A few clicks and you guarantee you are the host. Then BOOM, you never have to fret about host migrations again. I don't DC unless my house's power goes out, so I always host if the mission is something I even remotely care about. Especially if it's any kind of endurance run. 

Also since I didn't see it mentioned yet, you can submit a support ticket giving them as many details as you can about the mission, and a good percentage of the time, they can recover your rewards. Just FYI.

Did submit a ticket but since I had no mission result I couldn't prove anything, and I can't blame them of course.
 

This wasn't supposed to be a rant, I think Kuva survival is in a laughable state. If you say anyone on the planet "Hey, would you spend one hour just to get 4 tickets to spin the wheel of RNG?"
You could easily pump the rewards of each harvester by a tiny bit, even 50 or 100, and make a huuuge change, or make it a kind of Grineer based disruption (but maybe there it would be insanely too easy to farm). Or perhaps as many suggested help the reward scale with time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rolling Rivens should be cheaper overall.

If the cost capped at 3000, all things Kuva would only be a moderate pain in the ass and the bite of the RNG wouldn't sting so badly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I'd like it if they put Kuva as an Endo like drop from the Kuva enemies. That way you could at least passively gain it by playing the tilesets instead of being subjugated to a single game mode. Probably doesn't help that even tho I absolutely HATE HATE HATE unnecessary loading screens (I'm looking at you Simulacrum) I also find endless missions to be so very very ..... very boring that I'd rather sit through a couple extra loading screens to play pretty much anything else to break up the monotony. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The grind is intense and the time wasted stings bad when you rolls dozens of times and see garbage results, I feel your pain on the rewards disappearing but personally I think tripling the kuva drop per tower in the survival would make it worth the effort. As is you might as well just run the regular siphons and floods instead, I'd like to see scaling enemies deliver scaling rewards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would just be happy if it was on some other maps at this point. I don't know if the guy who worked on Jupiter and the Void quit and they turned it over to the guy who worked on Eris...but lord almighty every Kuva Fortress tile set is jumble of un-fun enclosed geometry vomit......and when it does open up you can't really use it for anything other than falling into space...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only change I want to see is scaling rewards. Why do I get the same amount at 5 minutes that I do at an hour?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I would just be happy if it was on some other maps at this point. I don't know if the guy who worked on Jupiter and the Void quit and they turned it over to the guy who worked on Eris...but lord almighty every Kuva Fortress tile set is jumble of un-fun enclosed geometry vomit......and when it does open up you can't really use it for anything other than falling into space...

 

AGREED.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)death404 said:

The only change I want to see is scaling rewards. Why do I get the same amount at 5 minutes that I do at an hour?

AGREED x2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

Kuva and riven rolls are like free loot boxes in a way. You always get better stats, just not the ones You personally want. In that regard, you want game breaking God-rolls, grind for it. No exceptions.

Terrible rng isn't necessary to make something a heavy time sink, it is simply an extremely lazy way of creating time sinks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, (PS4)Shustas said:

Say again?

basically he spent 1 hour depending number of life support come by during that mission which life support come by every 2 min so for I believed which you'll get 6k of kuva for resource which 60min = 1 hour and as you get dividing the number 2min you'll get your answer for 1 life support which you'll get 30 life supports for 1 hour then you'll time it by the kuva that is given which without the double booster resource 200 as you'll get 6k of kuva.

As again if he had the double booster resource which makes the kuva 400 and you want time it by 30 that you'll get 12k of kuva which plat is pretty expensive to have by hand depending how much you farm it.  If he had that on he would of be filled with kuva all day but not everyone has the patient for such thing which the reward need a bigger boost because we spend kuva really fast and faster then an hour (we easily spend it with in 2-4 min) as we trying get the best riven mod that we wanted.

So I wanted the developer to up the reward by another 200 kuva so that it be worth more rewards and when ppl use the booster double resources they'll get 800 kuva if the dev up the reward another size to be.  So basically 800 kuva would be worth for players to spend more on double resource boost and willing to try stay much longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There will always be no-life grinders to support this poor mechanic. If you really hate rivens then just sell them unveiled and pretend they don't exist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, dirtysmile said:

There will always be no-life grinders to support this poor mechanic. If you really hate rivens then just sell them unveiled and pretend they don't exist

  This isn't far off from what I do. However the fact that I've decided to do without Rivens as much as possible doesn't mean I also shouldn't have feedback about them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Garbage? How disrespectful! I'm almost speechless. Real human beings have put a lot of work and love into this.

Kuva survival is not garbage, it's my favorite game mode and is very well made as is everything in warframe. Reading such things hurts my feelings. A lot.

Have you considered that maybe you just can't see the perfection of it yet?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, TheAdoringYesMan said:

Garbage? How disrespectful! I'm almost speechless. Real human beings have put a lot of work and love into this.

Kuva survival is not garbage, it's my favorite game mode and is very well made as is everything in warframe. Reading such things hurts my feelings. A lot.

Have you considered that maybe you just can't see the perfection of it yet?

 

Warframe is the best game, DE cant do anything wrong, dont throw positive criticism at DE, this game is so perfect that even jesus came back again just to farm some kuva and roll dem rivens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...