Warframes (Ability Damage) Change

15 hours ago, Atsia said:

It will disrupt players fashion choices is literally an entire reason DE that won't this. Players very vocally hate this, and want it changed on Chroma. There's literally no way to get the majority to want this because we already have it and STILL don't want it.

I understand your view on this topic and agree that it can be disruptive to Players who value their fashion choices.

Having a new system for Players to modify their warframes to inflict a certain damage type without the use of mods, like weapons or companions, the color system seems to be the only logical choice.

[ I am open to any suggestions that can offer the same results without use of mods for waframe's abilities to inflict different types of damage.]

Thank you for your response, Tenno!

15 hours ago, Firetempest said:

Horrible idea in attaching it to fashion. I already hate adjusting cosmetics If I want to change up Chroma. I hate going though the myriad of layers just to change faction reputation sigils per frame.

Things that adjust a frames performance and how it acts should be localized to the Upgrades section. Adjusting a frames natural elemental power to be a combined more effective element that does even more damage is a augment. Augments are mods. If you want a radiation, magnetic etc Volt powers. That's a augment.

I'm all for more broad augments for frame powers. Specially then its on a frame by frame basis for it to make sense instead of a obfuscated color way that has little control over all 4 powers and will lead to way way too many special instances that will need to be adjusted and confusing early players that much more.

I understand your view on this topic and agree that it can be disruptive to Players' fashion choices.

[ I do like how "Augment" mods compliment the warframe's abilities through their desired effects, but they are also very limited.]

Having a new system for Players to modify their warframes to inflict a certain damage type without the use of mods, like weapons or companions, the color system seems to be the only logical choice.

15 hours ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

I honestly dont like this, some warframes are identified by the elementals they have for example saryn with spores she does corrosive, and if i put toxin on volt he would do it a better spread which makes saryn to be disowned, then there is frost who can be built for viral and cut their health, combining  it with equinox that does toxin and a volt that strips armor this is completely broken. I do like how chroma is all in one elemental but ist still limited, if this does get added this would mean the damage numbers on warframe abilities need to be reduced. I do like how it is now and how the game makes us change warframes depending on the mission, but going volt with full range radiation elemental is most what Ill need as his 4th ability always procs status so they can kill their own while I use his 2 to move to another place and so on

I understand your view on this topic and agree that it can be disruptive to have non-theme changes added to each warframe.

Enabling each warframe to have alternative ability-damage type, can make them more effective against any enemy threat without limitations.

My suggestion can assist different types of Players:

Players who like to use only one warframe (their main) for every type of mission, Players who like to play the game on "solo" mode, and Players who rely more on their waframe's abilities than weapons.

Edited by xV3NOMx
13 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Should not Augments: Freeze Force, Fireball Frenzy, Shock Trooper and Venom Dose (missing the point of change from Toxin to Corrosive) serve for that purpose?

No, Augment mods only changes the effect of their ability, not the damage type.

[ I do like how "Augment" mods compliment the warframe's abilities through their desired effects, but they are also very limited.]

Edited by xV3NOMx
1 hour ago, xV3NOMx said:

No, Augment mods only changes the effect of their ability, not the damage type.

To Allies attacks: Weapons and Attack based Abilities. General problems of these Mods: Co-op is nearly dead, 0 Communication between players and they aren’t OP, players barely know about them not even use them. I’m afraid that, after you idea will be implemented, most everyone will become Hulk.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

To Allies attacks: Weapons and Attack based Abilities. General problems of these Mods: Co-op is nearly dead, 0 Communication between players and they aren’t OP, players barely know about them not even use them. I’m afraid that, after you idea will be implemented, most everyone will become Hulk.

Enabling each warframe to have alternative ability-damage type, can make them more effective against any enemy threat without limitations.

[ I am not trying to make the warframes into Hulk, but to become versatile.]

My suggestion can assist different types of Players: Players who like to use only one warframe (their main) for every type of mission, Players who like to play the game on "solo" mode, and Players who rely more on their waframe's abilities than weapons.

[ Personally, I rarely play the game on "Public" setting or with other Players in squads (Co-op), due to most missions can be completed alone.]

12 hours ago, xV3NOMx said:

Players who like to use only one warframe (their main) for every type of mission, Players who like to play the game on "solo" mode, and Players who rely more on their waframe's abilities than weapons.

If you pick a frame not entirely suited for a mission or enemy type, you should accept that it's not an optimal choice. You're making the choice to pick that thing, which is never wrong, but don't complain when the game works exactly the way it's supposed to and you have some difficulties. And now that I think about it, the only frame that really comes to mind that stuggles cause of it's damage type is Ember, since she's supposed to be a DPS frame. Every other DPS frame either already has a suitable damage type, of has stats high enough for it to not matter. It wouldn't matter for most frames as their problems stem from mechanical issues or just how their kit is set up, like Nidus being less suited for shorter missions, or frames like Vauban or Nyx where it's just issues with their kit. There's very few frames where changing their damage type would legitimately help them, and not just shoot them into OP-ness.

13 hours ago, xV3NOMx said:

It would seem logical, which is why DE tried that with Chroma. And we have very vocally said we don't like it. It's better now that it's decided by emissives rather than energy, but that still affects fashion.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Atsia said:

If you pick a frame not entirely suited for a mission or enemy type, you should accept that it's not an optimal choice. You're making the choice to pick that thing, which is never wrong, but don't complain when the game works exactly the way it's supposed to and you have some difficulties.

And now that I think about it, the only frame that really comes to mind that stuggles cause of it's damage type is Ember, since she's supposed to be a DPS frame. 

It would seem logical, which is why DE tried that with Chroma. And we have very vocally said we don't like it. It's better now that it's decided by emissives rather than energy, but that still affects fashion.

• Yes, there are certain warframes that are more suitable for all missions than most. There are also warframes (Mesa, Excalibur, Valkyr, etc.), that have specialized weapons that can be modded to inflict different damage types already, while most other warframes don't. *My suggestion will help fix this for other warframes.
  • Ember used to be more reliable and effective warframe, but the Developers made changes to her abilities due to other Players' complaints. This also was the case with Ash and his "Blade Storm" ability, when he could kill all enemies in range with one button.
  • Emission Energy is also used for my suggestion, which the colors will alter the ability damage type. 

I understand your point-of-view and know that my suggestion may not be popular with the "Fashion Frame" community, but these changes will allow more versatile warframes and alternative game-play possibilities.

Edited by xV3NOMx

I know that my suggestion may not be popular with the "Fashion Frame" community, but these changes will allow more versatile warframes and alternative game-play possibilities.

• Players who like to use only one warframe (their main) for every type of mission
  • Players who like to play the game on "solo" mode
  • Players who rely more on their waframe's abilities than weapons.

[ Personally, I rarely play the game on "Public" setting or with other Players in squads (Co-op), due to most missions can be completed alone.]

This is a horrible idea, quite frankly irredeemably bad for a number of reasons. On top of all the practical reasons, it puts limitations on fashion frame. If you like making your warframes look red and fiery then you should be against this because fire is a trash element in warframe. People shouldn't be stuck ruining their fashion frame just so their performance doesn't suffer. It's completely counter productive to all these great changes to our color customization just to remove all existing motivations for that coloring. 

Warframes have themes, the fire frame, electric frame and and magnet frame shouldn't all be using the same corrosive acids for their attacks. Ember should use fire and Volt should use electricity, that's literally their names this isn't rocket science. 

Literally every single piece of content will be reduced to color for corrosive/gas/viral regardless of what frame you bring. With a few exceptions that need a rework most frames are balanced within their niche. It'll make it impossible to develop new content for the game because they'll have to balance every aspect of a frame's abilities around player element choices. Ties in with the first point, but pretty much the only colors we'd see in game would be the ones tied to corrosive.

21 hours ago, Firetrucksrule said:

This is a horrible idea, quite frankly irredeemably bad for a number of reasons. On top of all the practical reasons, it puts limitations on fashion frame. If you like making your warframes look red and fiery then you should be against this because fire is a trash element in warframe. People shouldn't be stuck ruining their fashion frame just so their performance doesn't suffer. It's completely counter productive to all these great changes to our color customization just to remove all existing motivations for that coloring. 

Literally every single piece of content will be reduced to color for corrosive/gas/viral regardless of what frame you bring. With a few exceptions that need a rework most frames are balanced within their niche. 

I understand your view on this topic and agree that it can be disruptive to Players who value their fashion choices. However, when using a "Fashion Frame," a Player has two additional appearance slots they can use for other skins and color schemes.

[Yes, my suggestion will disrupt their ability-damage type based on the colors chosen, but it will compliment their frames style and game-play as well.]

There are frames that embrace a certain element such as Ember (Heat) and Volt (Electric), but enabling their abilities to do alternative damage type will help them to be more effective against enemies that are immune to their elements.Their signature abilities will remain intact, but instead of doing one basic type of damage (heat or electric) they can do alternative damages based on the Players' choice.

[Volt will still do his normal ability attacks, but with alternative effective damage that is suitable for the enemy.]

*Ember's abilities with "corrosive" damage could be more effective.

There will be instances where Players may not make any changes to their frames ability damage type, based on the enemy's weakness.

Edited by xV3NOMx

I know that my suggestion may not be popular with the "Fashion Frame" community, but these changes will allow more versatile warframes and alternative game-play possibilities.

Does this add versatile, alternatives for damage output on frames?
Yes.
Is it a good idea? 
Absolutely not.
Simply put, changing up the damage type of a frame based on their colors will in fact negatively impact game balance. All frames will get an immediate damage and utility buff. There are two scenarios here to take a look at. 

Scenario 1: All damage of the frame is replaced by this decision.
Instead of IPS, or any other damage type, players replace their frame's typical damage with an energy color damage type. Meaning Frost deals heat, toxin, electricity, or cold for example. This could get pretty ugly. Some frames with that change will drastically increase in strength. Frost could CC and burn the enemy with one ice wave. Imagine being lit on fire, while frozen, and the fire doesn't melt the ice. Burning on the inside will frozen and can't fight it. Nightmares folks. Other frames will suffer for this. Saryn would hate this, after all losing corrosive and Viral would be very detrimental to her. Not ideal in any situation for proper balance.

Scenario 2: Color replaces a portion with corresponding damage type, and can combine with any existing on frame.
This one is the nuclear option. Volt would now cast discharge, or his first, and strip armor, or dish out rad procs. Saryn would strip armor and light things on fire with spores. This is not okay. Any way this is looked at it does terrible things to the balance of the game, which is already in enough peril as is.

Fashion frame is absolutely a huge part of Warframe. Tying more energy colors to actual game output would negatively impact player choice in energy color. Personally, I am not fond of the idea that colors be tied to anything that alters the game. What coat of paint I decide to slap on shouldn't change my combat effectiveness. Is a pink rifle any less effective at killing someone than a green one? No. (Assuming they are the same rifle firing the same type of bullet) So why should changing paint on my body suit change what damage I do? It's ridiculous. 

And let's take a look where this is already in play. Chroma. The original energy color element changer. Each color would change portions of his abilities. It was neat. Did it make a huge difference? No. The colors were picked for the passive differences, not for the damage type because his abilities do piss poor damage. The passive buffs is what the color change is for. Now, let's look at the real game changer. Chromatic Blade. Hands down, absolutely, one of the best augment mods in game. Simply changing energy color gives such a massive damage increase based on which target is getting those beefy beams coming from that man Excalibur's hands. Changing the damage of the IPS to raw elemental cuts down on weaker procs and focuses on much more powerful ones. Exalted Blade can strip armor while igniting foes, or rend shields while directly damaging health, or just flat out shred infested with virtually any build that doesn't have magnetic. Chromatic blade is a simple sign that allowing all frames to take advantage of that damage change would not be okay for balance. Chromatic Blade is so much better than the standard. 

So, for my opinion on changing damage types for Warframe abilities? Leave it to who already has it. In some hands, it'd be a disaster for enemy balancing, in others, it'd be less effective, but still useful. Overall, it's a buff. And I'm advocating against it because we simply do not need any more buffs. There's tons of stuff (mainly those greedy Corpus) that nullifies our powers because of how deadly they are already. We need to rebalance enemies. Adding this change would significantly make that more difficult.

19 hours ago, CaptainMinty said:

Does this add versatile, alternatives for damage output on frames? Yes.
Is it a good idea?  Absolutely not.
Simply put, changing up the damage type of a frame based on their colors will in fact negatively impact game balance. All frames will get an immediate damage and utility buff. There are two scenarios here to take a look at. 

Scenario 1: All damage of the frame is replaced by this decision.
Scenario 2: Color replaces a portion with corresponding damage type, and can combine with any existing on frame.

Fashion frame is absolutely a huge part of Warframe. Tying more energy colors to actual game output would negatively impact player choice in energy color. 

And let's take a look where this is already in play. Chroma. The original energy color element changer. Each color would change portions of his abilities. It was neat. Did it make a huge difference? No. 

So, for my opinion on changing damage types for Warframe abilities? Leave it to who already has it.

I understand your view on this topic and agree that it can be disruptive to Players who value their fashion choices. However, when using a "Fashion Frame," a Player has two additional appearance slots they can use for other skins and color schemes.

[Yes, my suggestion will disrupt their ability-damage type based on the colors chosen, but it will compliment their frames style and game-play as well.]

There are frames that embrace a certain element such as Ember (Heat) and Volt (Electric), but enabling their abilities to do alternative damage type will help them to be more effective against enemies that are immune to their elements.There will be instances where Players may not make any changes to their frames ability damage type, based on the enemy's weakness.

• Players who like to use only one warframe (their main) for every type of mission.
  • Players who like to play the game on "solo" mode. 
  • Players who rely more on their waframe's abilities than weapons.

Although my suggestion may seem to disrupt the game balance, the enemy has armies against one Player who keep getting stronger during long mission runs.

• Survival, Defense, Excavation, Defection and Assassinations are missions where the enemies will scale with time and/or player equipment ranking.

Thank you for your responses, Tenno!

On a side note:

Personally, I like using colors of fire with all of my frames, and I would like to have a chance to show the power of the flame toward all enemies through each warframes' abilities.

There are frames that embrace a certain element such as Ember (Heat) and Volt (Electric), but enabling their abilities to do alternative damage type will help them to be more effective against enemies that are immune to their elements.There will be instances where Players may not make any changes to their frames ability damage type, based on the enemy's weakness.

I think it would just be cooler to have elemental Warframes that can shoot their element together and create a massive blast or something.

Dare I say, something similar to Anthem's combo system. Ember could light an enemy on fire and then when hit by any of Frost's ice attacks, will create a massive blast. Or hit by one of Saryn's Toxin skills, leaves behind a massive gas cloud. Or with Volt's electricity and creates an irradiated field.

And likewise if another elemental frame were to initiate it. One could also push to apply the "combo" system to any weapon or ability that inflicts a status ailment of the primary elements. But I guess for the sake of balance and making elemental frames more viable, just keep it to them.

34 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

I think it would just be cooler to have elemental Warframes that can shoot their element together and create a massive blast or something.

Dare I say, something similar to Anthem's combo system. Ember could light an enemy on fire and then when hit by any of Frost's ice attacks, will create a massive blast. Or hit by one of Saryn's Toxin skills, leaves behind a massive gas cloud. Or with Volt's electricity and creates an irradiated field.

And likewise if another elemental frame were to initiate it. One could also push to apply the "combo" system to any weapon or ability that inflicts a status ailment of the primary elements. But I guess for the sake of balance and making elemental frames more viable, just keep it to them.

I agree.

There should be an chemical reaction when compatible elements are introduced to one another, such as electricity and toxin to form a corrosive damage-type explosion during a mission.  

[ During my first encounter with an Napalm Grineer soldier, I thought that this sort of game mechanic would be perfect to backfire their flame thrower weapon for Player's advantage.]

Unfortunately, realism, physics or chemistry is not part of the Warframe game.

Edited by xV3NOMx
12 hours ago, Goodwill said:

I'm pretty sure DE had said they don't want to do that BECAUSE it could make your abilities go from reliable to useless depending on what mixes. Like Volt and Frost wouldn't really be able to work together cause Magnetic is a useless damage type.

Edited by Atsia
12 hours ago, xV3NOMx said:

Except those limitation are SUPPOSED to be there. Damage types themselves are what needs to be changed not making a bandaid that's just gonna piss off most players and will only legitimately help 1 or 2 frames since all the frames that have high damage abilities or are intended DPS don't struggle because of damage types (except for Ember). And DE for sure isn't gonna let you break the identifying theme like this.

Edited by Atsia